Do you want to become a master of the ballroom dance floor? Whether you are looking to learn a few steps of waltz, tango, foxtrot, quickstep, jive, or any other ballroom dance, there are some great YouTube channels to get you started. Keep reading to discover the best YouTube channels to learn ballroom dance from the comfort of your home.
DJ ICE Dancesport Music
DJ ICE Dancesport Music is a YouTube channel dedicated to ballroom dancing and waltz dance. The channel provides ballroom and standard music for dancers, featuring DJ ICE's unique ballroom mixes, Latin music and the best ballroom music available. Perfect for both competition and practice, this channel has everything a ballroom dancer needs to stay on top of the latest dancesport music.
Fairytale Dances YouTube channel is dedicated to providing tutorials on beautiful dance routines related to quinceanera, sweet 16, and waltz dances. With content ranging from vals de quinceanera to quinceanera surprise dances to quince dances, the channel makes it easy to learn these traditional and fairytale dances. So get out on the dance floor and learn those moves!
The X Dance YouTube channel offers an extensive collection of instructional videos for a variety of country and western styles. Popular offerings include waltz dancing, two step, country two step, country swing, and west coast swing. Both competitive and social dancer will find instructional videos that teach and demonstrate the mechanics of each dance style. Fans of the channel will appreciate the focus on technique, energy, and expression. Professional dancers, newcomers, and experienced dancers alike can further their skills with the resources offered.
Social Dance Online
The Social Dance Online YouTube channel is an excellent resource for all levels of dancers looking to learn or improve their waltz, ballroom, country, two step, east coast swing, hustle, cha cha and west coast swing dancing skills. It features a series of step-by-step lessons and tutorials, from beginner basics through to more complex routines, which will teach you how to ballroom dance like a pro.
Egils Smagris' YouTube channel provides high quality video tutorials on ballroom dancing, teaching viewers how to master the basic steps and routines of the Waltz, Tango, and Foxtrot. With clear instructions and detailed explanations on how to perfect popular dance steps, viewers can confidently dance their way to the next ballroom event.
Jtballroom is a YouTube channel dedicated to giving viewers step-by-step guidance on popular ballroom dances such as the waltz, viennese waltz, tango and more. The channel guides viewers from the basics of each dance to more advanced moves, making it easy for anyone to learn to dance in their own home. Whether you're a beginner looking for basic waltz steps or an experienced dancer looking to master their technique, Jtballroom has something to offer. The channel offers helpful how-to videos, instructional clips and insightful advice on the art and sport of dancesport.
Ballroom Mastery TV - Vaughan Liddicoat
Ballroom Mastery TV - Vaughan Liddicoat is a YouTube channel devoted to all things ballroom dancing, providing online tutorials to help viewers become experts at waltz, cha cha, Latin American, and other forms of ballroom dancing. In addition to comprehensive lessons and step-by-step instructions, the channel also features inspiring talks, lectures, and interviews to elevate your ballroom dancing skills to new heights. With Ballroom Mastery TV, learning the art of danicing has never been easier!
Passion4dancing is a YouTube channel that offers lessons and instruction in a range of partner dances, including the waltz, cha cha, and ballroom dancing. Through the channel, viewers can learn to dance with comprehensive tutorials and online dance lessons, teaching them how to properly execute each step and master the moves. From discovering new and effective ways to practice to improving their technique, Passion4dancing teaches everything one needs to know about ballroom dancing.
Andy Wong's YouTube channel is a top-notch resource for all types of ballroom dancing. With an international style, he covers a wide range of different dances, from Waltz to Cha Cha to Rumba and Samba. He also covers Standard and Latin routines for those looking to refine their technique. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced dancer, Andy Wong's channel has something for you.
How to Master the Waltz Dance Step-by-Step
The waltz is a beautiful dance style that has its origins in the Austrian and Bavarian courts of the 16th century. Today, it is a popular style of dance all over the world, often as part of social events like weddings and proms. If you’re looking to dress up your next event with the grace and poise of a waltz, here’s how to learn the steps so you can become a master of the waltz in no time.
- The first step in mastering the waltz is to learn the basic moves of the dance. Start by familiarizing yourself with the three steps that form the basis of the dance: the step forward, the step back and the close. It’s also important to understand the rise and fall of the waltz, which is the gentle up and down motion of the dance as it moves forward. Once you have the basics down, start practicing the waltz in slow motion with your partner, making sure to have a solid hold on them and that you both stay in perfect time.
- Now that you have the basic moves of the waltz down, start adding in some of the more intricate steps. Once you’ve mastered the basics add in the turn, the pivot and the promenade. These steps are all integral parts of the waltz, and can make the dance look truly mesmerizing when done correctly. Once you’ve learned all of these steps, practice them until you’re a pro.
With enough practice and patience, anyone can master the waltz dance step-by-step!
Waltz Dance's Effect on Popular Dance Styles
Waltz is a popular and romantic dance style that has been around for centuries, but it has had a huge influence on popular dance styles today. From ballroom to contemporary and hip hop, many of the steps used today are deeply rooted in the moves and techniques used in waltz dancing. We will explore the influence that waltz has had on modern dance styles.
- The waltz is unique in its combination of short-long-short step patterns. This laid the foundation for many of the modern popular dances of today, such as line dancing, salsa, foxtrot and quickstep. During the 20th century, American swing dance forms incorporated a few waltz steps into their energetic moves, creating a unique and fun style.
- In the last few decades, waltz has inspired a renewed interest in social dancing. The romantic quality of the waltz is a perfect fit for weddings and other special occasions, while couples dancing to hip hop or R&B have often added some of the smooth flowing moves of the waltz into their routines. In this way, the influence of waltz continues to be felt on the dance floor.
Whatever style you decide to try out, you can be sure that the waltz has had a major impact on it.
The Health Benefits of Waltz Dancing
When it comes to physical activity, there are countless options. One often overlooked option is waltz dancing. Waltz dancing is a classic partner dance with roots in the 18th century. Learning to waltz can provide many physical, mental, and social benefits!
- Physically, waltz dancing is great for toning and strengthening your body. Its combination of gliding across the floor and small jumps provide a great aerobic exercise, while also improving balance and coordination. Participants also experience improved posture, flexibility, and muscle strength. Cardiovascular health is also improved by Waltz dancing, leading to a potential decrease in high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Mentally, Waltz dancing gives your mind something to focus on. The dance itself is a great outlet for stress, anxiety, and depression as it helps to clear your mind while providing you with an enjoyable shared activity with your partner. As you learn new moves, you’ll stay mentally active and use your reasoning skills. When Waltzing with friends, it creates a great opportunity to socialize and make connections. Being part of a group also helps improving social skills and reduces isolation.
It’s time to reap the rewards of Waltz dancing! It’s easy to learn, social to do, and great for your health. Try it out and experience greater physical, mental, and social benefits!