Looking to travel to China? Want to find the best travel vlogs and guides to help you plan your trip? Then read on! We've rounded up the best YouTube channels that cover everything from planning your trip to exploring all the wonderful sights and experiences China has to offer. So whether you're looking for inspiration, and tips, or just want to vicariously experience China through the eyes of others, these are the channels you need to check out!
Travel to china: Top Youtube Channels
VideoChinaTV is a YouTube channel dedicated to giving viewers a unique insight into the society, lifestyle, and politics of China by showcasing travel experiences around the country. The channel offers up entertaining videos that allow viewers to explore the culture and traditions of the Chinese people. From traditional culture to cutting-edge trends, VideoChinaTV provides cultural education and entertainment for a global audience.
The China Traveller
The China Traveller YouTube channel is all about travel to China. The channel creator gives tips and advice on how to travel to China, what to see and do while there, and where to eat the best Chinese food. The channel is full of vlogs documenting the creator's own trips to China, as well as helpful tips and information for viewers looking to do the same.
Blondie in China
The China Adventure
HazzaChinaVlogs is a popular travel YouTube channel with content focussing on travels in China and Australia. The channel mostly covers Guangzhou and other areas of Guangdong, such as Brisbane and Ipswich. The videos show an inside look into local culture and customs and are a great way to explore and discover more about interesting countries.
Christoph Rehage's YouTube channel documents his journey from Beijing to Ürümqi, China, where he set off to walk 4,500 kilometers over a one-year period. Accompanied by a time-lapse video, Rehage's walk was also captured in photos showing his progress alongside the growth of his trademark beard. His fascinating journey is recounted in German and English.
Itchy Feet on the Cheap
Itchy Feet on the Cheap is a popular YouTube channel that focuses on budget travel to China and Southeast Asia. The channel's creator, Jenna, is a former teacher who now lives in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. She provides viewers with helpful tips and advice for traveling on a budget, as well as for living as an ex-pat in Cambodia. Jenna's love for food is also evident on the channel, as she often features delicious (and sometimes strange!) local dishes from China and Cambodia.
Creative Travel Guide
Creative Travel Guide is a popular YouTube channel with over 19,000 subscribers. The channel is known for its creative travel videos and guides, which cover a wide range of destinations including China, Thailand, and the United States. The channel's creator, Tyler, has been praised for his ability to capture the essence of each destination and provide useful travel tips for viewers.
by Kaja 凯娅
The Food Ranger
The Food Ranger YouTube channel brings viewers around the world on a journey to explore the best street food, Chinese food, and Indian street food. From China and beyond, viewers can experience an array of diverse cuisine and cultures as they learn about mouth-watering dishes from the comfort of their own homes. From an array of Chinese street food dishes to street food from around the world, this channel is a foodie's dream!
The Stef Hoffer YouTube channel is a collection of videos documenting the travels of Stef Hoffer to various destinations in the Middle East, Asia, and China. The channel includes clips of Hoffer's visits to various landmarks and landmarks in these regions, as well as stock footage of the world around him.
Business Connect with Roy
The Business Connect with Roy YouTube channel contains helping businesses grow and succeed. Roy gives tips on everything from online branding to effective selling techniques. He also provides guidance for international students who want to do business in China. Whether you're just starting out or you're looking to expand your business, this channel is a great resource.
Source Find Asia
Source Find Asia is a YouTube channel focused on providing viewers insight into traveling to China for manufacturing, as well as sourcing factories and products from Alibaba. It aims to help entrepreneurs and businesses understand the challenges and strategies behind sourcing in China. The channel covers topics related to product design and development, factory visits, negotiations, and quality assurance. With the right knowledge and guidance, it hopes to enable entrepreneurs and businesses to succeed in their China sourcing endeavors.
Simon Yu's YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone looking to learn more about life in China and travel to the country. It provides information, tips, and advice about Chinese culture, language, and food, as well as insights into different cities within the country. It's a must-watch for anyone interested in Chinese culture and travel.
Pascal Coppens' YouTube channel is a perfect source of insight and information into China and the latest trends and technology coming out of the country. He offers viewers a unique perspective on China as an experienced keynote speaker, as well as a China specialist and expert. Through his videos, you can gain valuable insight into the culture and recent innovation of this country, and its full potential for inspiring innovation and progress.
John Thomas Abroad
Daniel Dumbrill's YouTube channel is devoted to exploring and documenting his travels to China, Hong Kong, Xinjiang, and Uighur. He provides an insightful and unique look at the culture, history, and everyday life of the Chinese people through his vlogs and video clips. His channel provides an invaluable resource for those interested in learning more about the country and its inhabitants.
Where's Poppy is a popular YouTube channel created by a female digital nomad and backpacker. The channel offers viewers an insight into the world of travel to China, with vlogs and videos featuring her backpacking journey. With her fun and informative videos, this vlogger is sure to inspire other adventurers.
Emily Boitumelo's YouTube channel focuses on the life of a South African entrepreneur, ESL teacher, and YouTuber living in China. Her channel follows her travels through the country, as well as offers valuable insights into what it's like for South Africans living in China. Her videos also cover topics such as life in China, being an ESL teacher, and other aspects of the South African YouTube experience.
2.5 Travellers is a YouTube channel featuring an Indian family living in China, exploring the country and its culture. It documents their adventures as they travel throughout China, discussing local customs, and giving tips on traveling with kids or a baby in tow. They also provide a unique perspective on the experience of being an Indian family living in China, while also giving insight into Beijing's vibrant culture through vlogs. Whether you're considering a trip to China, are interested in learning more about Chinese culture, or simply want to follow along on the family's journey, 2.5 Travellers is worth checking out.
Aleese Lightyear's YouTube channel is the perfect destination for those looking to explore Chinese culture and life abroad. Through his channel, viewers get to witness a day in the life of a black ex-pat living in Beijing, including his unique experiences as a black foreigner living in China and his views of what it is like to live in the country during the COVID-19 pandemic. Aleese's channel offers a wealth of insights and perspectives on China and what it means to live there.
Tips for Safe Travel in China
China is one of the world’s most culturally rich countries and a great place for travelers to explore. However, there are certain safety and security concerns that any traveler should be aware of. Here are some tips that will help you to have a safe and enjoyable time while visiting China:
- First and foremost, take care when crossing the street and when biking or driving. Be aware of your surroundings and give right of way to vehicles at all times. Keep an eye out for large buses, taxis and scooters and always assume that you will be ignored by them and proceed with caution. Additionally, it’s recommended to avoid jaywalking, as this could increase your chances of being hit by a vehicle.
- Avoid unnecessary risks by doing research before you travel. This includes looking into the crime rates in the areas you plan to visit, reading up on potential scams that may occur, and familiarizing yourself with local customs and laws. Utilize other resources such as the U.S. State Department’s website, which offers travelers frequent advisories and updated information. Additionally, it’s important to register with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate so that they may contact you in the event of an emergency.
- Finally, be sure to store your valuable items in a safe and secure place while traveling. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash and keep all wallets, smartphones and bags close to your body at all times. Additionally, you should be mindful when using public Wi-Fi and be sure to log off once your session is over. When carrying electronic devices, be sure to keep them out of sight and never leave them unattended. Following these simple tips should ensure that your travel in China is enjoyable and safe!
The Must-See Attractions in China
China is a country full of historical beauty and unique cultural attractions. There are so many amazing sights to take in throughout its many provinces, it can be hard to choose which ones to visit on a trip. Here are three must-see attractions if you’re ever in China.
- The Great Wall of China is perhaps the most iconic attraction in the country. Constructed thousands of years ago by the Chinese Empire, it stretches over 13,000 miles across mountains, deserts, and grasslands. Although sections have been vandalized and built over, there are still beautiful remnants of the wall such as the Jinshanling, Badaling, and Mutianyu sections that make for a stunning day out.
- The Forbidden City in Beijing is another must-see attraction. It was the palace of the Chinese imperial dynasty for over 500 years and remains an architectural masterpiece to this day. Visitors can admire the city’s ancient walls, gardens, temples, and courtyard architecture. It’s a great way to learn about Chinese culture and history.
- The Li River in Guangxi Province is one of the most picturesque sites in China. Its deep emerald waters and surrounding mountain ranges, green tea plantations, and karst peaks make it one of the most beautiful sites in the world. Cruise along the river and enjoy the breathtaking views, or explore some of the villages, shops and cafes along the banks. It’s an unforgettable experience.
These three attractions are the must-sees when it comes to a visit to China. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed. So go ahead, plan your trip and take in the rich history and beauty that China has to offer.
What to Pack for a Trip to China
When planning a trip to China, there are a few essential items that you should make sure to bring along. From sturdy shoes to a hat and sunscreen, packing the right items can make a huge difference in your experience. Here are a few key items to consider when preparing for your journey to the Middle Kingdom.
- A comfortable and durable pair of shoes should be at the top of your packing list. With lots of exploring to do throughout China, you’ll need something that won’t give you blisters. And don’t forget to bring along a hat for shade and sunglasses for sun protection. Don’t forget sunscreen either; the hot days can be quite intense!
- Finally, beyond packing the essentials, it’s a good idea to bring a few items to keep you entertained on your travels. Pack along a good book and a comfortable pillow for those longer bus or train rides. It’s also a good idea to bring a few snacks with you just in case you get hungry between meals. That way, you can always stay fueled and energized for your exploration.
With these items in tow, you’ll be ready for an amazing trip to China! Enjoy your time in the Land of the Dragon!