Are you living in Toronto or are you merely looking for some of the best music coming from that city? Look no further! We have put together a comprehensive list of the top YouTube channels that feature the best of Toronto music, rap, pop music, R&B, as well as other popular genres. From up-and-coming artists to established acts, explore the vibrant music scene of Toronto and its variety of entertainment. With our guide, you will be able to find the perfect channel to chill out with on lazy afternoons or get energized with on your way to the office. Read on to find the best YouTube channels featuring Toronto music.
Toronto music: Top Youtube Channels
Q107 Toronto is a classic rock radio station in Toronto featuring music artists such as Kim Mitchell and David Derringer. Their YouTube channel has a variety of videos and music clips from various Toronto-based artists, making it a great source of music from the city. From classic rock to new music, Q107 Toronto is sure to have something for everyone to listen to.
Toronto Mosh Pit
HAM Toronto is a YouTube channel created by Hassan Abdi (H.A.M). It focuses on productionz, music, and culture in the city of Toronto. The channel features interviews with various Toronto-based artists, music videos, and behind the scenes of Ham Productions. Hassan Abdi is a director who captures the essence of his hometown to bridge the gaps between culture and music.
CityNews is a YouTube channel providing local and national news coverage with a focus on Toronto, North York, East York, and the surrounding areas. Their content features breaking news coverage and music from Toronto's local scene. CityNews is a great way to stay up to date on the latest news and music from Toronto.
Much is a YouTube channel based in Toronto that focuses on pop music, music news, and popular culture. They create reacting-to content, music video compilations, and tiktok highlight reels. They also feature new music releases and album drops and strive to keep viewers up to date with the Top 40 rankings.
The Brandon Gonez Show
The Brandon Gonez Show is a popular YouTube talk show based in Toronto, Canada, hosted by Brandon Gonez. It features the latest in Toronto music, news, and entertainment. Every week, Brandon brings you the most up-to-date news and interviews inspiring guests from all over the world. Tune in to the Brandon Gonez show for your late-night dose of entertainment and Toronto-centred news.
Jaclyn Forbes is a popular Toronto-based YouTuber and blogger. Dedicated to music, makeup artistry, plant-based lifestyles, and her life in Toronto, Canada, she creates content that has captivated audiences around the world. With her signature bright and colorful aesthetic, Jaclyn Forbes has built up an impressive following on both YouTube and Instagram.
HillcrestG is a Toronto-based YouTube channel dedicated to documenting the hip hop and rap music scene in the city. Through their videos, viewers can get an up close look at the graffiti, freights, and benching taking place in the community. It is an entertaining and educational platform showcasing the arts of Toronto.
POOJA VERMA GULATI is an Indian YouTuber who showcases her life as a new immigrant to Toronto, Canada. On her PEEKAPOO channel, she posts videos featuring topics ranging from music to lifestyle vlogs, how-to guides, Indian lifestyle blogging, travel blogging, and more. She is an inspiration and resource to other young Indian immigrants looking to navigate the Canadian lifestyle.
PartyNextDoor's YouTube channel is a great way to experience Toronto's vibrant music scene. With music spanning genres such as R&B, hip-hop, and OVO Sound, PartyNextDoor brings an infectious vibrancy to each of its releases. Fans can enjoy exclusive music and visuals from the artist's collaborations with Drake on the OVO label as well as a selection from their album COLOUR2.
Toronto Music Festivals That You Don't Want to Miss
Toronto is the most populous city in Canada, and it helps explain the booming music festival scene. With dozens of events cropping up every summer, it can sometimes be hard to decide which ones to check out. But fear not; here are three Toronto music festivals that any music fan should definitely not miss.
- The first must-see music festival of the season is VELD Music Festival. This two day event is one of the city's largest, and it features a wide range of musical acts from the world of EDM and hip-hop. On top of the stellar lineup of artists, VELD will have campgrounds, carnival rides, and a massive market area with food and other amenities.
- Next on the list is the Budweiser Stage, one of the most well-known music festivals in Toronto. The Stage spans four days and boasts headlining acts from all areas of the music world. During the festival, attendees can grab snacks from a plethora of food trucks or take a break in the designated chill-out area.
- Finally, the Electric Island Festival is an absolute must. This one day party has been going strong since 2013, with DJs spinning everything from deep house to techno. If you're interested in the best in underground dance music, this is the festival for you. With multiple performance stages, food vendors, and an on-site pool, Electric Island has something for everyone.
No matter what kind of music you love, there's a music festival for you in Toronto. From the massive stages at VELD to the underground vibes of Electric Island, there's something for everyone. Don't miss out on these true Toronto classics!
Enjoying Local Music in Toronto
Toronto is currently blessed with an incredibly diverse and vibrant music scene. For those visiting the city or those who live here, indulging in the musical culture is a must. There are so many ways to enjoy local music in this city of infinite tastes.
- One option is to attend a concert at one of the city’s many live venues. No matter what kind of music you’re into, unique and eclectic bands can be found performing at places like the Drake Hotel or Lee’s Palace. There are also larger venues such as the Air Canada Center and Massey Hall that bring in some of the biggest names in the world of music.
- Another great way to enjoy local music is by checking out various festivals. One of the biggest is the Toronto International Jazz Festival, which takes place every summer and features a range of local and international talent.
- Finally, nightclubs in fashionable neighbourhoods like Queen Street West, Chinatown and Little Italy often present live music from talented local musicians. So that is a great way to sit back and relax for the night and really experience the city’s music scene. Whatever you prefer, Toronto offers a vast selection of venues and events to help you discover the joy of experiencing new music.
No matter what genre of music you are into, Toronto has something to offer for everyone! With great venues, music festivals, and nightclubs all hosting incredible live music you can be sure to have yourself a great night out. Check out what’s happening in Toronto and enjoy the amazing music the city has to offer!
Must-Hear Toronto-Based Artists
Toronto is home to some of the most talented music artists from around the world. From hip-hop to jazz, creative expression is alive and thriving in the city. Here are some must-hear Toronto-based artists.
- First up is Clairmont The Second whose hip-hop style is heavily rooted in jazz, soul, and R&B. With a versatile sound, he is quickly gaining a loyal fanbase that's drawn to his thoughtful lyrics, smooth delivery, and ability to create lasting rhythms. His latest EP “VII” is a testament to his talent and skill.
- Another artist to listen to is Maylee Todd. She's a multi-instrumentalist and master in electronic music. With an influence from funk, soul, and psychedelia, her medleys ooze with a unique sound that captivates and sticks with you. Her acclaimed album “Acts of Love” earned recognition on the Polaris Music Prize long list and has become a must-listen for many music fans.
- In addition to Maylee Todd, Jessie Reyez is another Toronto-based artist to check out. Her powerful R&B, folk, and pop sound is something that draws listeners in and carries an energy of vulnerability and strength. Releasing hits such as “Gatekeeper” and “Figures”, her music resonates with many who can relate to her stories and are drawn to her unforgiving delivery.
These are just three of the many talented artists from the Greater Toronto Area. To continue hearing some stunning sounds from artists from the 6ix, be sure to check out BADBADNOTGOOD, KAYTRANADA, Haviah Mighty, and many other amazing Canadian artists.