Are you looking for the best YouTube channels for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) and gaining your TESOL or TEFL certification? Look no further! We have done the research for you and compiled a list of the best YouTube channels to help you become the ultimate TEFL and TESOL teacher. From travel tips and advice to helpful teaching tips and lessons, these YouTube channels have everything you need to learn, teach and live your dream of teaching English abroad. Read on to find the best YouTube channels for TEFL and TESOL teachers!
Tefl: Top Youtube Channels
ITTT International TEFL & TESOL Training
ITTT International TEFL & TESOL Training's YouTube channel includes helpful and useful information on TEFL courses, TESOL courses, TEFL classes, TESOL classes and other related topics such as how to teach English abroad and work abroad. It is a great resource for those looking to start a new adventure and teaching English overseas.
International TEFL Academy
The International TEFL Academy YouTube channel provides resources and helpful advice for aspiring TEFL teachers, from online TEFL courses and certifications, to teachings on how to teach English as a foreign language both online and abroad. It's a great resource for anyone looking to get started with TEFL or to refine their skills.
i-to-i's YouTube channel, itoiTEFL features videos and resources related to teaching English abroad and earning TEFL certification. From advice on the best courses and jobs to take, to unique travel experiences, their videos are a comprehensive guide to mastering TEFL and TESOL qualifications and succeeding in the world of TEFL. With tutorial videos and help from experienced TEFL tutors, you can access the tools you need to launch your career as a language instructor abroad.
The TEFL Org
The TEFL Org YouTube channel provides resources to anyone looking to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) around the world. It offers detailed videos on TEFL courses, TEFL certifications, TEFL online certifications and best practises for teaching English to speakers of other languages. With their unique content, they make sure to deliver the best experience for anyone interested in TEFL or other areas of Teaching English as a Foreign Language. By subscribing to the The TEFL Org channel, viewers can get great tips and helpful advice from experienced professionals who know the ins and outs of TEFL. Whether you're looking for TEFL certification or just want to brush up on your TEFL skills, The TEFL Org is the perfect channel for you.
TEFL TESOL Online course & Certification
TEFL TESOL Online Course & Certification is a YouTube channel that offers great insights on Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language (TEFL/TESOL) topics such as TEFL course reviews, TESOL testimonials, TESOL centers and certification, TEFL Course and Centers, British TESOL Certificate, and TEFL Certificate from the UK. The content available is informative, interactive and easy to comprehend. This channel remains an invaluable resource for aspiring TEFL/TESOL professionals.
Premier TEFL is a YouTube channel that provides TEFL certification, teacher tips, and travel advice for those interested in teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL/ESL/EFL/TESOL/TESL). It focuses on Premiere TEFL courses to help people become effective teachers and make the most of their experience. It offers great advice to those starting out in TEFL or double-checking their knowledge.
TEFL Heaven is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping people learn about Teaching English as a Foreign Language, specifically in the country of Thailand. It provides guidance and resources for those interested in the TEFL lifestyle and lifestyle in Thailand. The channel features videos focusing on topics such as various teaching locations, visas, and job searches. The channel also contains interviews with individuals who have moved to Thailand to teach and share their experiences teaching and living abroad, as well as tips on how to make the most of a TEFL lifestyle.
The TEFL Academy
The TEFL Academy YouTube channel provides informative videos on Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) courses, Online TEFL courses, Digital Nomad opportunities, and Teach and Travel adventures. By subscribing, users can access exclusive content and gain the skills necessary to become a successful TEFL teacher, enabling them to travel the world and explore exciting new work opportunities. With The TEFL Academy YouTube channel, viewers can embark on an exciting journey and open up a world of new possibilities.
International TESOL TEFL Academy
The International TESOL TEFL Academy YouTube channel offers a range of valuable educational resources for those looking to gain a TEFL/TESOL certificate. This channel focuses on teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) and provides various videos and content related to everything from classroom organization to job interviews for ESL teachers. With certified instructors and plenty of helpful advice and tips, ITTA is sure to help those aspiring to become certified teacher and enter the exciting world of ESL teaching.
Asian College of Teachers
Asian College of Teachers YouTube channel provides an array of educational content, including teacher education, teacher training, Early Childhood Care and Education, Montessori and Pre-Primary Training, Distance Education (School Category), Teacher Training online, as well as resources to help you choose the best Teacher Training Institutefor your TEFL needs. With quality videos and helpful resources, the channel aims to provide quality education for teachers from all around the world.
The Ninja Teacher YouTube channel is focused on TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). It provides helpful advice and resources for English teachers who are looking to teach in Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam. It offers tips and strategies on how to teach English as a second language, as well as how to find success when teaching abroad. It's a great resource for anyone who is wanting to teach English and gain international experience.
Jackie Bolen's YouTube channel offers a unique insight into the life and work of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) in a university in South Korea. She has a variety of videos detailing her work and experiences in the classroom, as well as ESL activities and games she uses to help her students learn English more effectively. Her content is both educational and entertaining, making it a great resource for those interested in ESL teaching or English as a second language.
ESL Teacher 365
ESL Teacher 365 is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping English-speaking teachers discover the best opportunities to teach English abroad or online. Through informative videos, they offer guidance related to teaching English as a Second Language (TEFL) programs, teach abroad opportunities in countries such as Spain, teach abroad as an American, and teach online through platforms such as Outschool. If you're interested in teaching English, this is the channel to watch.
Maximo Nivel is a YouTube channel providing helpful content for those interested in studying, volunteering, or teaching abroad. For those looking to experience Latin-American culture, Maximo Nivel offers TEFL/TESOL certification programs in countries such as Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Peru. Additionally, they feature videos that provide insight into exciting volunteer projects and Spanish language immersion opportunities.
Cochin International Language Academy - CILA KERALA
Cochin International Language Academy - CILA KERALA YouTube channel provides tefl and ielts training, as well as oet training, all in an online format. They have a Trinity TESOL certification for people wanting to teach English and offer both online and in-person English training. Their goal is to help people learn English in India and abroad.
Benefits of Entering the TEFL World
The TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) world is a great place to explore and learn new skills. From interesting job opportunities around the world to the chance to learn more about different cultures and grow personally, there are many benefits of entering the TEFL world.
- The most obvious benefit of entering the TEFL world is the potential to find work and travel. As long as you have the qualifications, the world is your oyster! You can choose to stay in one location and work, or you can go from place to place and find different opportunities. Whatever you choose, you will have plenty of opportunities to visit new places, learn about different cultures and make new friends.
- Working in the TEFL world can also be a great way to develop new skills and increase your resilience. Teaching a new language to international students is a challenging task, which can help to stretch your boundaries and develop your communication, problem solving and organisational skills. This is also beneficial for your career, as employers look for candidates who can demonstrate these qualities. Additionally, travel and teaching can boost confidence and expand your perspectives on the world. It can be a great way to kickstart both your career and your personal growth.
Entering the TEFL world can be a great way to discover a new side of life and expand your horizons. With its job flexibility and potential to develop yourself, this can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Whether you’re looking for a change in your career or a whole new lifestyle, you’ll certainly find plenty of benefits from entering the TEFL world.
Where to Find Opportunities to Teach TEFL
TEFL, or Teaching English as a Foreign Language, is a great way for teachers and language learners alike to earn an income. There are many opportunities out there for people to teach TEFL across the world. With the rise of remote teaching, more and more people have access to teaching opportunities across countries and continents.
- If you are looking for TEFL teaching opportunities, the best place to start is online. There are several online job boards and freelance sites, such as Upwork and remoteESL.com that offer teaching jobs. You can also check TEFL certification or professional development websites, such as TeflCourse.org, as they often post job listings and resources for teachers. Additionally, many language schools offer TEFL teaching positions—you can find out more information about these by visiting their websites or contacting them directly.
- Finally, consider networking to find TEFL teaching opportunities. Leveraging a strong network of TEFL teachers and professionals can be a great way to find out about job openings or other opportunities that may not be found online. Social media sites like LinkedIn and Facebook can be great places to start, allowing you to connect with other TEFL professionals and share teaching resources.
With the right resources and focus, you can find a job that’s right for you.
Challenges of Teaching TEFL Overseas
When it comes to teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) overseas, there are myriad challenges to overcome. Teaching English to non-native speakers can be a daunting task and educators need to be well-prepared in order to ensure their students’ success. From navigating cultural norms and establishing yourself as a reliable authority figure to dealing with student language capabilities and instilling learning in a foreign context, here are some of the challenges that come with teaching TEFL overseas.
- The first major challenge for teachers of TEFL overseas is cultural relativity. Teaching in a foreign country requires the need to be acutely aware of the local standards and norms to be able to assign meaningful activities. Understanding this will help foster positive learning experiences, as well as helping to create more meaningful and productive relationships with both students and staff members. An effective teacher will also be able to be mindful of language barriers that can hinder communication. By having a deep understanding and work towards alleviating them, communication can become much smoother and beneficial to the overall learning process.
- Finally, the amount of material and pedagogical methods available to teachers of TEFL overseas can be an issue. English proficiency levels amongst non-native speakers can vary drastically, so teachers have to find creative ways to adjust their lesson plans and methods to ensure that all students not only understand but also fully benefit from the material presented. Similarly, teachers also have to keep in mind that cultural and educational background of students vary as well, so they need to also be able to adjust their lesson plans according to the cultural context in order to help students fully understand and absorb what they are being taught. By doing this, it will help ensure that students get the best education possible no matter the variability of their background.
In conclusion, teaching TEFL overseas can present a variety of challenges from cultural nuances to student language capabilities. Through a combination of cultural relativity, awareness of language barriers, and making adjustments to lesson plans and pedagogical methods, successful educators can yield greater student success in the classroom.