Are you looking for an adventure that is as fun as it is calming? Stand-Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) may just be the perfect activity- and there are some great YouTube channels out there to get you started. Keep reading to find out the best YouTube channels to watch if you want to get into SUP.
Blueplanetsurf's YouTube channel provides videos demonstrating how to stand up paddleboard, paddle board, foil surf, and sup foil. Their videos explore all the tips and tricks of enjoying stand-up paddleboarding with an emphasis on Blue Planet Surf's products. They provide in-depth tutorials and advice on how to enjoy SUP, paddle board, and foil surfing, so you can make the most out of your sup journey.
SUPboarder is a popular YouTube channel dedicated to stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), showcasing the sport as both a vehicle and a lifestyle. Videos on the channel cover the basics of SUP, including board selection and purchases, as well as tips and tricks for novice and experienced SUPers alike. Additionally, exciting clips showcase SUP as a recreational hobby and an adventurous lifestyle filled with outdoor exploration and fun.
iROCKER SUP is a YouTube channel devoted to stand-up paddleboarding (SUP). It provides helpful tutorials and reviews on how to use iROCKER's electric pump, as well as videos about different types of paddle boards - inflatable boards, stand up paddle boards and inflatable stand up paddle board fishing. They also provide advice and guidance focusing on paddle boarding for beginners and those looking to explore more about stand up paddle board fishing.
The ISLE YouTube channel is a great resource for all things related to stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) and paddle boards. From reviews of ISLE Surf and paddlesurf boards to tutorials on stand up paddle boarding and sup fishing, this channel has it all. It also includes tips and tricks for getting the most out of your paddle board experience.
PaddleTV is a YouTube channel hosted by former whitewater kayaker Ken Whiting that features various videos related to stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), kayaking, and other paddle sports. It includes Paddle Tales of Whiting's own experiences, plus instructional clips on how to paddle and kayak, in both recreational and sea settings. PaddleTV is the perfect spot to learn more about this unique sport.
More with Mat
More with Mat is an outdoor lifestyle YouTube channel filled with videos about stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), car camping, and stealth camping. The channel is shot and edited with a mix of GoPro and Sony cameras, giving viewers stunning visuals of beautiful locations. Join Mat on his adventures and learn about stand up paddle and stand up paddle boarding as he travels, car camps, and stealth camps around the world.
Hangzsup is a YouTube channel devoted to stand-up paddleboarding (SUP). It covers topics such as paddle boarding, jet ski, stand up paddle, and renting jet skis. It offers information on jet skis for sale, stand up paddle boards, surf shops, and renting jet skis near me as well as reviews and advice on inflatable paddle boards. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, Hangzsup's videos have something for everyone.
Sea Gods Standup Paddleboards
Sea Gods Standup Paddleboards is a YouTube channel featuring high- quality videos about the sport and lifestyle of stand-up paddleboarding (SUP). It is a channel for anyone with an interest in SUP, whether it's a sport, hobby, or just a fun vehicle to explore the ocean. The channel explores various aspects of SUP as well as different destinations and locations.
Dan-Erik Westerlind's YouTube channel is the perfect source for all your stand-up paddle boarding (SUP) questions. His videos provide helpful tips on how to get started with this fun and adventure-filled water activity, from picking the right paddle board to learning stand up paddling and stand up paddle boarding techniques. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced paddler, Dan-Erik's channel has all the information you need to make the most out of your stand up paddle board adventures.
Tower Paddle Boards
Tower Paddle Boards' YouTube channel focuses on stand-up paddleboarding (sup), offering a range of videos demonstrating the range of features and activities of their paddle boards, sup boards, stand up paddle boards, and stand up paddle board variety. The channel also provides paddle boarding tips and tricks to get the most out of your stand up paddleboarding experience.
SupBoardGuide is a YouTube channel dedicated to providing comprehensive reviews of stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) equipment. From paddle board reviews to helpful tips on how to get the most out of your SUP, their videos are filled with useful information and insights. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced paddle boarder, SupBoardGuide has the expertise and knowledge to help you find the perfect SUP gear for your needs.
Cal Major's YouTube channel is the ultimate destination for those looking for adventure on the water. Through a combination of stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), scuba diving, free diving, and ocean conservation, Cal helps viewers explore Vitamin Sea and experience its amazing beauty. Through her content, viewers can connect with the ocean and be inspired to take action on mental health awareness and ocean conservation. Each of her expeditions sheds light on the importance of sustainability and the preservation of the ocean. Join Cal's journey today and experience the many wonders of stand up paddleboarding, scuba diving and free diving, and conservation.
Supair Surf is a YouTube channel devoted to discussing all things stand-up paddleboarding (SUP). The channel offers advice on the best inflatable stand-up paddle boards, stand-up paddling techniques, and SUP tricks and tips. If you?re looking to step up your SUP game, this channel is the perfect place to start.
Tips for Choosing the Right SUP Board for You
Choosing the right stand up paddle board (SUP) can be an overwhelming decision considering all the shapes, sizes, and features to consider. But, with a few tips in mind, you can easily find exactly what you’re looking for and buy the SUP that’s right for you.
- First, it’s important to reflect on your goals and lifestyle when selecting the type of SUP that will best fit them. Are you looking for something that’s suitable for recreational fitness purposes, a longer touring board, or one specifically designed for race competitions? Determining the type of riding you’ll be doing helps narrow down the selection for the size and shape. To ensure you pick the right size lengthwise and widthwise, consider your weight and the average weight of the people who will be using it. The board should also be able to support the gear and cargo you plan to lug along with you.
- SUP boards also come with different constructions consisting of different core and outer layers depending on the manufacturer. Common material types and layups can depend on the brand and their unique technologies, so it’s best to do some research. Consider different lengths, weights, fins, material layups, features, and even the deck padding. It’s important for you to check out different SUP companies and determine which features and materials will suit and benefit you best. Many companies offer you to try out their boards before you buy them, so take that advantage and test them out!
Choosing the right SUP doesn’t have to be a daunting process. Research the type of board you’re looking for, the features you want, and which boards feel the most comfortable and manageable for you. With the right research and practice, you’ll be able to confidently buy the perfect stand up paddle board that fits your needs.
Supplies Needed to Get Started with SUP
Taking up a new sport like Stand Up Padding (SUP) is a great way to stay active, explore the outdoors, and have fun. Before you hit the open water, it’s important to have the right supplies and gear. To get you prepared for your first SUP adventure, here’s a list of the essential SUP items to gather.
- First and foremost is your stand up paddle board. This is the most important and the most expensive item you’ll need to get started. SUP come in different sizes and they are designed for different types of paddling. With the right guidance, you should be able to pick the perfect board for you.
- Depending on the temperature and other paddling conditions, you’ll need the right clothing for SUP. Dress for the water temperature with quick-drying clothes such as board shorts and rash guard tops. A wetsuit can also help you stay warm and protected while paddling in colder temperatures. Leave the cotton at home as it takes too long to dry and can lead to overheating. Make sure to bring a hat and sunglasses with proper UV protection to protect your eyes from the sun. Lastly, don’t forget a good sunscreen with at least SPF 15.
- In addition to your clothing, you’ll need to purchase a leash to attach your board to your ankle, ensuring you won’t lose it in the waves when taking a plunge. Don’t forget to bring plenty of drinking water and your personal flotation device. Paddling can be exhausting and it’s essential to hydrate your body. With these supplies, you’ll be ready to hit the water and start your Stand Up Paddling journey with confidence.
With the right supplies and gear, you’ll be ready to explore new waters and have lots of fun on the open sea. Get out there and enjoy the beautiful open waters with Stand Up Paddling!
Tips For Staying Safe on a SUP
Standup paddleboarding is an exciting and enjoyable activity that can be enjoyed on the open water. However, for a safe and enjoyable experience, it’s important to follow some basic safety tips.
- First, it’s important to wear a life jacket. A well-fitted and comfortable life jacket will not only keep you safe on the water, it will also provide you with extra buoyancy in the event of an emergency. Additionally, be sure to check the local regulations before you head out on your SUP adventure. Many rivers and lakes require the use of lifejackets and should be followed for your safety.
- It’s also a good idea to check the weather conditions before you embark on your paddle board adventure. High winds, heavy rain, and strong waves can all make it difficult to maneuver your board and increase the risk of capsizing. Additionally, be sure to keep an eye out for other vessels on the water and pay attention to your surroundings. Always be aware of your surroundings when on your SUP and you will be able to enjoy a safe and enjoyable experience. Knowing basic navigational safety is also a good idea in case you get lost or disoriented.
Following these tips for staying safe on your SUP journey will ensure you have an enjoyable and safe experience on the water with no unforeseen surprises. Knowing safety regulations and how to navigate in an emergency will enable you to make informed and wise decisions while on your SUP adventure. So, be sure to follow the advised safety tips and stay safe out on the water.