Are you looking for the best YouTube channels for the water sports of skimboarding and surfing? Do you want to get the most up-to-date videos of these watersports from some of the world's top pros? Look no further! In this article, we will explore the top YouTube channels for skimboarding and surfing, featuring tips from land and sea, high-caliber action from shorebreak and travel, and helpful advice from some of the most experienced skim and surf pros. Keep reading to find the best channels to explore these great watersports!
DB Skimboards is an exciting YouTube channel created by Isaac Thomas, an accomplished skimboarder, with a focus on skimboarding. On his channel, you can find tips and tricks on how to skim, as well as how to use skimboard, wake skate, and various skims boards. Whether you're a beginner or experienced skimbord enthusiast, this channel has something for everyone.
Skimming Squad is a YouTube channel dedicated to the thrilling sport of skimboarding and all its associated beach activities. With reviews and tutorials on the latest skimboard equipment, tips on using GoPro mounts for the perfect shot, and breathtaking footage of stunning skimboarding locations from around the world, Skimming Squad creates captivating content for beginners and experts alike. Experience the exciting world of skimboarding, beach sports, surfing, and more with Skimming Squad.
Skid Kids is an exciting YouTube channel that features Blair Conklin, Jamie O'Brien, and other top skimboarders and surfers. The channel showcases extreme skimboarding tricks, fun beach life moments from Catch Surf pros, and behind the scenes crazy antics from BeefsTV. Whether you want to watch amazing tricks on the skimboard, incredible surfing footage, the wild beach life or some fun in the sun, Skid Kids has it all!
Adrien Raza's YouTube channel offers an amazing array of videos all about skimboarding. He showcases his own adventures at the beach, plus a few tutorials that make it easy for any aspiring skimboarder to learn the ropes. He also highlights the latest gear from DBSkimboards, so you can check out the best boards for your own skimboarding needs.
Austin Keen's YouTube channel features videos of professional skimboarder Austin Keen and his crew of skimboarding and wakesurfing enthusiasts. The channel showcases Austin's mind-blowing feats in action sports like skimboarding, blair conklin, and other extreme sports, as well as life on the road with travel vlogs. Follow Austin as he pushes the boundaries of what?s possible in the world of skimboarding and wakesurfing.
Thisismov is a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing stunning and unique skimboarding and surfing videos. With a wide selection of engaging clips, it's sure to inspire viewers to hit the waves and take on the joys of skimboarding or surfing. From competitions to beach days, thisismov has something for everyone. From the latest skimboarding tricks and tips, to the newest surfing videos, Thisismov has it all.
A boredom YouTube channel can provide great entertainment and learning opportunities with its variety of adventurous activities. It could feature skimboarding, big wave surfing, surfing videos, how to skimboard, professional skimboarding, boogie boarding, how to boogie board, body boarding, and the wedge. Each video would offer inspiring and informative content to help viewers master the art and experience the thrill of taking on the infinite ocean. They can learn the fundamentals, hone their skills, and get ready to shred some waves!
The oliverparkmann YouTube channel is an exceptional source of information on skimboarding, how to do a backflip, and how to make money. It provides inspiring videos from the likes of Alex Hormozi and Tanner Hall, as well as practical advice on how to grow your business. Additionally, it features instructional videos on cliffjumping and cliffdiving. You're sure to learn something from this channel!
Beefs T.V. is a YouTube channel dedicated to skimboarding, surfing, and bodyboarding. The channel showcases the talents of surfer, Softboard, Wedge, and Shorebreak, with tutorials from Beefs himself. It is the perfect channel to learn the tricks of the trade and stay up to date with the latest trends in skimboarding and surfing.
Beach looking Guy
Common Mistakes to Avoid as a Skimboarder
When getting into skimboarding, there are a few mistakes many beginners make and want to avoid. Learning the proper form and technique can take time, but once mastered, will enable you to enjoy the sport in its full potential. Here is a list of common mistakes to avoid as a skimboarder:
- The number one mistake novice skimboarders make is going too fast. It’s easy to get excited and charge the waves, but it’s important to remember that having proper speed is the key to skimboarding. To find the right speed, take it easy in the beginning and start to gradually increase over time.
- Another common slip-up is taking off from the wrong spot. While starting further out in the water may seem like the faster move, it can actually make it harder to skimboard correctly. Standing in too deep water slows down the speed of the board and takes away momentum, making it harder to skimboard. Beginners should find a spot close to shore, where you can launch from the shoreline and skimboard on the shallow water.
- Lastly, jumping too soon can ruin your momentum. Jumping on the skimboard before the wave actually hits the skimboard is a common mistake made by newbies. While it’s tempting to quickly jump on the board, it’s important to wait for the wave, as this will give the board the needed momentum. Once the wave has hit the board, then you can gently and smoothly launch yourself onto the board for a seamless ride. With some practice and patience, you will start to nail the process in no time.
With these quick tips in mind, you should be able to enjoy a great skimboarding session without running into any rookie mistakes. Have fun and make great memories in the ocean!
Choosing the Right Skimboard for You
One of the best ways to get into the sport of skimboarding is to invest in a good skimboard. Choosing the right skimboard for you can be difficult with all the options that are available, so here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when selecting the right board for you.
- First and foremost, you will want to consider your riding style and expected level of skill. If you’re a beginner, it’s generally a good idea to start with a wider, thicker board that is easily maneuverable. On the other hand, if you’re more experienced, then thinner, lighter boards offer greater performance and speed. You’ll also want to consider the type of terrain you will be riding on—for example, a skimboard built for waves won’t necessarily fare well in flat water.
- It’s important to find a skimboard that fits your weight and size. A board that is too long or too heavy will make it difficult to perform tricks and turns, so take the time to measure your weight and height beforehand. Also, consider any accessories you might need to purchase, such as wax for grip or foam padding for added comfort.
- Lastly, try to find a board that best fits your budget, opening up the possibilities of even higher performance boards.
With these tips in mind, you are sure to find a skimboard that fits your riding style and skill level.
Staying Safe While Skimboarding
Skimboarding is a popular beach activity that requires a skilled balance in order to successfully bypass the shore break. It can be quite exhilarating, but it’s important to remember safety is always a number one priority. Here are some tips to remember to help keep you safe while skimboarding.
- First, it’s essential to understand the power of the ocean and never take it lightly. Make sure to scope out your skimboarding location beforehand to check forcurrents, reefs, and other potential hazards. Additionally, it’s important to be aware of changing water and weather patterns. Before you enter the water, know the exact tides times, as well as always be attentive of incoming storms.
- It’s also important to take proper precautions before hitting the waves. Check your skimboard for any rips, cracks, or holes and be sure to apply a wax coating on the bottom. It’s also necessary to use an appropriate leash and wear a wetsuit or life jacket for added buoyancy. Additionally, always make sure to use the recommended safety rules for swimming, such as never swim alone and check in a with a lifeguard if one is available.
Overall, skimboarding is a great activity to enjoy, but proper safety measures must be taken to protect yourself out on the waves. Following these guidelines are sure to help make sure your next skimboarding experience runs safely and smoothly. Enjoy the beach and stay safe!