Are you looking for guidance in your yoga practice? Whether you want to focus on the physical practice of hatha yoga or dive deeper into the philosophy and meditative practices of classical yoga, there is an abundance of YouTube channels that offer a variety of lessons and advice. In this article, we will explore the best YouTube channels for Sivananda Yoga, yoga for beginners, meditation, mindfulness, and Vedanta. Read on to find out more!
Sivananda yoga: Top Youtube Channels
Sivananda Yogalife is a great Youtube channel providing free yoga videos that cover a variety of poses and techniques such as Half Spinal Twist, Crow Pose, Anuloma Viloma and many more. It also offers longer classes, like 90 min Sivananda class, 60 min Sivananda class and 30 min Sivananda class, that are especially helpful for those interested in Yoga for weight loss. Whatever your yogic aspirations are, it is sure to meet your needs. So, check out Sivananda Yogalife today and start your yoga journey!
Sivananda Yoga Centre, Gurgaon
Sivananda Yoga Vietnam
Sivananda Yoga Vietnam is a YouTube channel dedicated to authentic teachings of Sivananda Yoga. Its mission is to promote spirituality and a yogic lifestyle through the medium of educating viewers in the ancient teachings of yogic philosophy and practice. It seeks to create an environment of inclusivity, understanding, and respect within the society for all religions and lifestyle choices. The channel offers a variety of guided yoga classes, meditation techniques, inspirational talks, and informative lectures.
#SivanandaYoga #Society #Religion #Lifestyle
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta YouTube channel offers an array of yoga classes and meditations, ranging from Hatha Yoga, to prenatal yoga, to yoga for kids, to group meditations. Additionally, this channel also offers Satsang lectures and events hosted by the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre located in Toronto.
SivanandaYogaEurope is a YouTube channel that offers a wide range of yoga and meditation videos, all related to the teachings of Sivananda Yoga. It provides a comprehensive selection of tutorials, videos, and resources covering all aspects of this ancient practice, from the basics to more advanced techniques. With content regularly updated, the channel is an ideal resource for anyone looking to improve their skills and knowledge of Sivananda Yoga.
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Seminarhaus
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Seminarhaus YouTube channel provides viewers with a plethora of resources on Sivananda Yoga practice, Yoga teacher training, Yoga holidays, Yoga classes, health and wellbeing, and relaxation. Through their videos, they hope to help viewers achieve increased physical health, improved mental wellbeing, and spiritual growth.
Basic Techniques of Sivananda Yoga
Sivananda Yoga is a traditional form of yoga that emphasizes meditation, pranayama (breathing exercises) and relaxation. It is based on the teachings of Swami Sivananda, a renowned yogi from India. Sivananda Yoga is good for both beginners and experienced practitioners, since it focuses on the basics and helps you to learn all of the fundamental elements of yoga.
- The main technique of Sivananda Yoga is the asana, which is a set of static physical postures practiced in order to increase physical and mental awareness. Sivananda Yoga also emphasizes certain key points, such as proper breathing, relaxation and concentration. Additionally, pranayama breath work is used to help gain control over the nervous system and promote relaxation. Other practices such as chanting mantras and meditation are also included.
- Sivananda Yoga is a holistic practice that can be used to help develop physical strength, improve mental focus and create emotional balance. Whatever your goals are, Sivananda Yoga can help you achieve them. The basic techniques and principles of Sivananda Yoga can be learned and practiced by anyone with an open mind and the desire to grow.
With the help of an experienced yoga instructor, you can dive deeper into yoga and use these powerful tools to find true inner peace.
Online Resources for Sivananda Yoga Enthusiasts
For Sivananda Yoga enthusiasts looking to deepen their practice and understanding, there are countless online resources available. From basic introductions to the tradition to audio and video instruction and podcasts, there is never a shortage of material to explore.
- Firstly, the official Sivananda website offers an in-depth resource that focuses on all aspects of the discipline, such as asana, chanting, and philosophy. Additionally, Sivananda also offers videos of their in-person classes, so those who cannot attend in person can still enjoy the instruction from the comfort of their own home. For more ideas, the site lists upcoming courses and retreats all over the world, which offer an immersive experience for established and beginner practitioners alike.
- There are also multiple digital libraries dedicated to yoga texts, many of which are specific to Sivananda. These libraries offer classic and rarely read accounts of yoga, often in their original Sanskrit translations, and can be a great place to start for more advanced students. In addition, podcast platforms like Apple Podcasts and SoundCloud are great places to find interviews and conversations featuring Sivananda scholars and enthusiasts, with topics ranging from anatomy to philosophy.
With such a wealth of online sources, anyone can deepen their practice and knowledge of Sivananda Yoga from any location around the world.
Choosing the Best Sivananda Yoga for You
Sivananda yoga is a type of hatha yoga that focuses on twelve basic postures as a means to promote balance, energy, and mental clarity. Choosing the best Sivananda yoga practice for you will depend on a variety of factors, including your physical and mental condition, your goals, and your experience level.
- If you are a beginner, look for an introductory Sivananda yoga class or ask your instructor if they offer a beginner-level class. This type of class will provide a comprehensive introduction to the practice and help you understand the postures, breathing exercises, and meditation components. A beginner class will also focus on the basics of Sivananda yoga so you don’t feel overwhelmed. It is important to remember that Sivananda yoga is about connecting the mind, body and spirit, and the fundamentals will be most beneficial and enjoyable.
- For those who are more advanced in their practice, look for a Sivananda yoga teacher-training program or a specialty class such as advanced asana alignment. It can also be useful to attend a workshop that focuses on a particular posture or form of Sivananda yoga, as this will provide an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of how to practice the postures properly and with the correct alignment.
Finding the best Sivananda yoga practice for yourself is a personal journey, and taking the time to explore different methods can be extremely beneficial. There is bound to be a practice that aligns with your lifestyle and goals and allows you to gain the most from your practice.