If you're looking for a unique and insightful way to learn more about vintage Silicon Graphics computers, look no further. With our guide, you'll be able to easily find the best YouTube channels and videos that focus on topics like SGI, daimoku chanting, data & stats, and explicamos. Read on to discover the best channels on YouTube for you!
Sgi: Top Youtube Channels
한국SGI [Korea Soka Gakkai International]
The YouTube channel of 한국 SGI (Korea Soka Gakkai International), otherwise known as KSGI, strives to promote peace, culture, education and courage - with the aim to bring hope, joy and harmony to the world. Through their empower- ing beliefs, they strive to bring joy and inspire individuals to strive for a better tomorrow. As a leading global network of SGI organizations, they continue to work towards a brighter future for everyone. Their mission is to spread the teachings of Nichiren Buddhism and promote a global culture of peace, respect, and co-existence.
SGI-USA is a YouTube channel that offers authentic content regarding the Buddhist faith and philosophy. It is focused on the Soka Gakkai International (SGI) organization and its core practice of chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo. Through videos featuring real-life experiences and insights, it strives to spread messages of peace and happiness, while helping viewers deepen their understanding of the Buddha's teachings.
Forsgi is a YouTube channel dedicated to the teachings of Soka Gakkai International (SGI). Led by Spring Flower, viewers can find inspirational and creative videos on the SGI's philosophies of Buddhism and the power of positive thinking. Las Vegas-based, the channel also features footage of nature, including the desert and birds, to further bring the SGI core values to life.
Anthony Elmore's YouTube channel covers a wide range of topics related to African American and Nichiren Buddhism, from discussions of Black history to information about the SGI Buddhist organization. He provides valuable insights on African American spiritual practices and Buddhist philosophies, making his channel a must-watch for anyone interested in the beliefs and traditions of African American Buddhists.
Nigelthebuddha's YouTube channel is focused on communicating the teachings of Soka Gakkai, a Japanese Buddhist organization, through the Lotus Sutra, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, and the guidance of Daisaku Ikeda. He also offers a faster form of chanting daimoku, often called 'daimoku veloce'. The channel offers an accessible and inspiring take on the timeless wisdom of Buddhism, that can be helpful for anyone on their spiritual journey.
もっと御書 YouTube channel is a lifestyle and knowledge resource, serving as a platform for SGI to spread its religious beliefs within society. Focusing primarily on the Soka Gakkai, it provides viewers with an in-depth look into the worldwide practice. The channel covers a variety of topics, such as teachings and philosophy, as well as advice on living a meaningful and fulfilling life.
Exploring the History of SGI
The Buddhist organization Soka Gakkai International (SGI) has a rich and unique history worthy of exploration. Founded in 1930 in Japan by educator and philosopher Tsunesaburo Makiguchi, SGI is the world’s largest lay Buddhist organization, and provides spiritual and educational resources to millions of members worldwide.
- SGI traces its roots back to 13th century Nichiren Buddhism, which emphasizes faith in the Lotus Sutra and chanting of "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" as a way to reach enlightenment. In 1930, Makiguchi created the Soka Kyoiku Gakkai (Value-Creating Education Society). The organization promoted a unique approach to education, one focused on humanistic values. During WWII, Makiguchi was imprisoned for refusing to condone the state religion and his organization was forced to dissolve. All of this changed when Makiguchi’s successor, Josei Toda, revived Soka Gakkai in 1945.
- Since then, the organization has expanded and diversified, establishing branches throughout the world. As of September 2020, SGI had 12 million members worldwide spanning 192 countries and territories. It now offers an array of activities, including faith-based social, educational, and cultural activities. Through these activities, SGI promotes the values of peace, culture, and education among its members, giving them access to resources that help them become more informed and better equipped to effect positive change in their communities.
These methods have resulted in SGI’s expansive and growing network of members, making it one of the largest and best-known Buddhist organizations in the world. With such a deep and interesting history, it’s worth exploring SGI and its message of peace and compassion. By doing so, we can gain insight into the values this organization stands for, and use those insights to make our own lives and the lives of those around us better.
Countries of Soka Gakkai International SGI
Soka Gakkai International (SGI) is a worldwide Buddhist organization with members living in 192 countries and territories around the world. Established in 1975, SGI strives to promote peace, culture and education, and the advancement of life-state of humanity through individual empowerment.
- SGI is organized into several country-level organizations. Each of these is responsible for providing assistance to members in their respective countries. This includes dissemination of Buddhist teachings, support of members in the areas of culture, education and peace activism, promotion of interfaith dialogue and other community activities.
- The founding philosophy of SGI—“The happiness of oneself is intrinsically entwined with the happiness of all humans”—is woven through the activities of SGI in each country and territory. SGI and its member organizations are actively engaged in working towards a more peaceful and harmonious world. With a shared commitment to respecting the diversity of life, SGI remains dedicated to creating a beautiful humanity through the power of dialogue and understanding.
- Through the support of its members, SGI continues to contribute to people all over the world in furthering the realization of a sustainable peace and a society in which we can all live with a sense of dignity. From working with UN offices and global leaders, to supporting local members and communities, each country’s SGI group works to promote their views of peace within their respective countries. Through dialogue and understanding, SGI advances a commitment to compassion worldwide.
Future of Soka Gakkai International SGI
The Future of Soka Gakkai International SGI is looking bright. As the world's largest lay Buddhist organization and a leader in global peace, SGI has become an increasingly important force in civil society and a source of peace and happiness for millions of people. The organization is devoted to the application of Buddhist principles to daily life and the promotion of friendship, education and culture. As such, SGI has been growing exponentially with its number of members, activities and global reach.
- SGI is continuing to expand its reach with the establishment of religious teaching and study centers in the United States and beyond, as well as ongoing collaboration with other Buddhist organizations. With its emphasis on global solidarity, international exchange and creative problem-solving, SGI is actively engaged in dialogues with governmental and non-governmental organizations, non-profit organizations and faith-based groups, in order to promote peace and understanding.
- Looking to the future, SGI will continue to emphasize education, training and spiritual development, while striving to contribute to world peace and the betterment of society. With its commitment to international understanding and social transformation, SGI has a long history of promoting the protection of human rights, protecting the environment and fostering international peace.
With its growing network of affiliates, SGI is well-positioned to continue playing a pivotal role in world diplomacy and conflict resolution for years to come. We can be assured that the future of SGI is both bright and important.