Are you looking for creative and inspiring craft ideas? Well, look no further as rughooking offers a vast range of exciting ways to bring a unique touch to your home décor. From rug hooking and weaving to punch needle and knitting, you can find a variety of craft projects involving wool, yarn and other materials to suit your needs. With so many different ideas available, it can be hard to determine the best YouTube channels to watch for the latest tips and insights. Read on to discover the top YouTube channels offering helpful rughooking advice and tutorials!
Rug hooking: Top Youtube Channels
Ribbon Candy Rug Hooking & Punch Needle Club
The Ribbon Candy Rug Hooking & Punch Needle Club YouTube channel is the perfect place to learn about rug hooking and punch needle craft. From rug hooking for beginners to rug hooking with wool and yarn, they provide tutorials and tips that make these craft activities easy and enjoyable. With videos teaching the basics of rug hooking and punch needle for beginners, this channel is an excellent source of information and inspiration for your next hooked rug project.
Art and Rug Hooking with Deanne Fitzpatrick
This YouTube channel is dedicated to rug hooking and crafts. Deanne Fitzpatrick is an expert in this craft and shares her knowledge and passion for creating beautiful hooked rugs. She provides tutorials, inspiration, and tips to help viewers master this craft and create their own one-of-a-kind rugs.
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking is an educational YouTube channel that focuses on teaching viewers how to craft beautiful handmade hooked rugs out of wool. From prepping the materials, to the art of rug hooking and rug making, this channel is an invaluable source of information for anyone wanting to learn more about this traditional craft.
The Woolery YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone interested in fiber arts. It offers tutorial videos for rug hooking, drop spindle, spinning wheel, spinning, weaving, knitting, and crocheting. Their focus is on offering high quality instruction and tools to facilitate learning in these traditional arts. There are also some great product reviews and demonstrations to get you started on your project.
DoodleDog Primitives is a YouTube channel all about rug hooking, punch needle, ultra punch thread punch needle, and how to change tips. They provide tutorials, techniques and tips to create beautiful primitive crafts and rustic farmhouse, rustic crafts, and diy projects. Follow along to see the possibilities of the various punching needle techniques!
W. Cushing & Co.
The Old Tattered Flag
The Old Tattered Flag YouTube channel offers viewers an enjoyable, informative, and inspiring journey into rug hooking, the art and craft of creating beautiful, heirloom-quality pieces from scraps of fabric. Focused on helping viewers of all skill levels create rugs of their own, this channel provides videos about tools, tips, and techniques for the hobby, as well as lifestyle content about the lifestyle of loving to create. It is the perfect destination for all rug hooking aficionados.
Ellen Sisters Three Farm
StoryTeller Wool is a YouTube channel dedicated to rug hooking and punchneedle projects. Featuring tips and advice, as well as inspiring stories, it's a great source of information, whether you're a beginner, or you have been rug hooking for years. So, grab your supplies and let StoryTeller Wool help you craft unique, dynamic pieces!
Danella Shop v/Lena Andersen
Danella Shop v/Lena Andersen is a YouTube channel that provides instructional material and educational resources related to the craft of rug hooking with materials such as the Danella hooking tool. It also serves as an online platform for the entrepreneur to promote their business and invention of the Danella hooking tool, allowing users to make rugs themselves with ease. The channel also dives into the history of rug hooking, providing its viewers with interesting insights and stories.
Supplies Needed for Rug Hooking
Rug hooking is a fun and enjoyable craft for makers of all ages. While the tools for rug hooking may vary, having the right supplies for your project will go a long way. If you’re starting out in rug hooking, here is a list of some of the basic supplies needed:
- A hoop or frame is also needed to hold the material securely during the rug hooking process. The hoop should be large enough to fit your rug and hold it in place while you work.
- A wool cutter or stripping tool is used to create the loops of material needed. If you don’t want to use a cutting tool, you can use scissors.
- Lastly, a rug hook is used to catch the fabric loops and hold them in place.
You can also think about purchasing specific wools for your rug project if you would like. These wools are cut into strips that can range from 2 inches to 4 inches in width. You can also get different kinds of unmounted cutters that come in different sizes depending on your project size. They are great for cutting long strips of material for your project. With these supplies and a bit of patience, you will be ready to start rug hooking!
Tips to Make Rug Hooking Easier and Faster
Rug hooking is a popular handicraft that can be used to create stunning designs. Although it appears to be a complicated process, there are a few tips that you can use to easily make it easier and faster.
- First, it is important to use a good quality burlap as the base material. That way, the rug can easily be pulled out as you stitch.
- Secondly, try using a wide-tooth canvas as the back of the rug for extra durability and strength. This will also help the rug last longer.
- Finally, use sharp scissors or a punching gun to accurately measure and cut the woolen yarns, which will make the process run faster and smoother.
In addition to this, be sure to lay the fabrics in the right order and securely knot the yarns. Selecting the best materials and supplies will ensure that the rug hooking process flows quickly and seamlessly. And don't forget to practice and experiment, as it will help to develop and improve your skills. With this, you can create your own unique and beautiful masterpieces.
Why You Should Try Hooking a Rug
Creating a hooked rug is an interesting and enjoyable activity that brings a touch of creativity to your home décor. Even if you've never knit or crocheted before, rug hooking is a relatively simple art form that anyone can learn quickly and make beautiful upcycled pieces. Here’s a few reasons why you should try rug hooking for yourself.
- For one, making your own rug offers the opportunity to make something that is both creative and totally unique. You can design your own patterns, use your favourite colours, or even take an existing pattern and make it your own. Making something from scratch that can be enjoyed and appreciated by everyone in your home is incredibly satisfying and a great chance to show off your talents to anyone who visits.
- Rug hooking is also great for the environment. Utilizing old clothing, towels, and even old blankets, hooked rag rugs are not only beautiful pieces of art that can give your room an instant makeover, but will help to repurpose old materials and save them from ending up in a landfill. You can also be proud knowing that you’re creating something that is helping the environment and diverting waste from landfills.
So pick up some colourful yarn or fabric, and give rug hooking a try. You won’t be disappointed. With a few simple tools and a bit of patience, you can customize your own rug and give your home a beautiful, unique and sustainable touch of personality.