Are you looking for the perfect yoga channel to get your body and mind in shape? Whether you are a beginner or an experienced yogi, this article will help you find the best YouTube channels for all your yoga needs?no matter your level. From restorative yoga to meditation to vinyasa yoga and beyond, we've got you covered with our list of the top YouTube channels offering yoga videos, morning yoga, and more. Read on to find the perfect channel for your yoga practice!
Restorative yoga: Top Youtube Channels
Man Flow Yoga
Man Flow Yoga is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping men access the physical and mental benefits of yoga. With a focus on restorative yoga, this channel provides yoga sequences that are specifically designed for men, whether they be beginner, seasoned fitness enthusiast, or professional athlete. Along with instructional videos, users can find yoga classes for at-home practice. Man Flow Yoga creates a unique yoga experience specifically for men - yoga men, for men!
Yoga with Melissa
The Yoga with Melissa YouTube channel provides viewers with an array of instructional videos with themed classes that range from restorative yoga for relaxation to physical fitness stretches and lifestyle tips. The channel encourages viewers to find their own inner power and connect with their highest body and mind potential.
Yoga With Bird
Yoga With Bird is a YouTube channel dedicated to providing free, restorative yoga videos for beginners. With videos ranging from 5 minute morning yoga to longer home yoga practices, this channel is the perfect resource to set up an at home yoga practice. Follow Yoga With Bird and start your journey to a healthier life!
Breathe and Flow
Breathe and Flow is an inspiring YouTube channel featuring yoga videos, classes, and guided meditations to help you find more energy, balance, and peace. They offer a wide range of yoga styles, including restorative, power, and vinyasa, as well as fitness routines to keep your body and mind healthy and strong. Their content is accessible for every level of yogi, from beginners to advanced practitioners.
Yoga With Christina - ChriskaYoga
The YouTube channel Yoga With Christina - ChriskaYoga is a great place to start practicing yoga at home with restorative, Hatha, Vinyasa, and Yin Yoga classes catered to beginners. Christina offers educational and creative sequences for different levels, so whether you're a complete beginner or a yoga pro, there's something for everyone. Tune in for inspiring and calming videos that will have you feeling inspired to deepen your yoga practice.
Arianna Elizabeth's YouTube channel offers a variety of restorative and vinyasa yoga for different demographics such as Black Girl Yoga, Colors of Yoga, Yoga For Biopic, and Yoga For POC. Her Bright and Salted Yoga series offers a unique and variety of yoga styles in the mornings. Arianna Elizabeth's YouTube channel is a great source for discovering different yoga styles and practices.
Yoga with Allie Van Fossen
Yoga with Allie Van Fossen is a YouTube channel that offers a wide variety of free yoga videos for every level of practice, from beginner classes to advanced programs. With a focus on restorative yoga, chakra yoga, and other mindful practices, Allie Van Fossen provides classes to help viewers build a strong yoga practice. Check out the channel for an abundance of yoga videos that you can use to begin or continue your yoga journey.
Caren Hope's YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone interested in yoga and meditation. It offers a wide range of free yoga videos, restorative yoga classes, yoga breathing exercises, yoga therapy, and guided meditations. Additionally, Caren Baginski provides helpful and relaxing yoga classes for beginners to make the practice more accessible.
Lauren Eckstrom's YouTube channel is a wonderful source of inspiration and knowledge on restorative, power, yin, and vinyasa flow yoga, as well as other forms of gentle and restorative yoga to aid in personal growth. Additionally, her channel offers helpful tips on meditation and other related topics. With her videos providing clear instructions and uplifting energy, Eckstrom's channel is both informative and motivational.
Free Spirit Flow Yoga
Free Spirit Flow Yoga is a YouTube channel devoted to helping viewers achieve physical fitness and a balanced lifestyle through restorative yoga. With an emphasis on calming meditation and gentle poses, their videos provide easy-to-follow lessons perfect for beginners and experienced yogis alike. Enjoy restored peace of mind during their unique yoga flows!
Common Postures Used in Restorative Yoga
Restorative yoga is a type of yoga practice that focuses on slowing down and allowing the body to relax into supportive postures. A critical part of this form of yoga is understanding what poses can be used to facilitate relaxation. Here are some of the most common postures used in restorative yoga:
- Child's Pose: This pose is deeply relaxing for both body and mind. It helps to open the hips and can be beneficial for relieving back pain. To do Child’s Pose, kneel on the floor and then bring your chest to the floor while extending your arms in front of you. Allow your body to rest in the floor for a few minutes and feel all of your muscular tension dissipate.
- Reclined Twists: This is another popular restorative pose as it stretches the spine and helps to unwind any areas of tightness. To do Reclined Twists, start by lying on your back and bring your knees up. Wrap your arms around the top of the knees and slowly bring your knees to the right, using your arms to apply gentle pressure on the top of your legs. Turn your gaze to the left and hold for a few minutes. Release to the centre and repeat on the other side.
- Legs up the Wall: Legs up the Wall is a classic restorative pose used to rejuvenate the body, and it helps to take pressure off of the lower back. To do it, lie on your back with your buttocks close to a wall. Bring your legs up the wall and relax for a few minutes. Make sure your legs and hips are fully supported with a pillow or cushion if needed. Allow natural, slow breaths to deepen the relaxation.
With the right set up and deliberate practice, restorative yoga postures can bring an immense sense of calm and relaxation to one’s body and mind. As you become more advanced in your practice, you can explore more postures to experience the full benefits of restorative yoga.
How to Prepare for a Restorative Yoga Practice
Restorative yoga is a type of yoga that promotes relaxation, healing, and therapeutic renewal. When practiced correctly, it can be extremely beneficial for both physical and mental wellbeing. Preparing for a restorative yoga practice is important to ensure that you get the most out of it. Here are a few tips for preparing for a restorative yoga practice.
- First, prepare your practice area. Create a comfortable space that promotes relaxation and allows you to focus. It should be free of clutter and noise and include one or two props such as a bolster or block. Make sure your body is warm by doing a few minutes of gentle stretching or warming postures such as cat/cow and sun salutations.
- Second, focus your mind and body. Take a few moments before starting to choose one word that will be your focus for practice. This can help to keep your concentration and avoid distractions from the outside world. Listen to your body and notice areas of tightness or possible injury. This will help to guide your focus and what poses you do during your practice.
- Finally, set your intention. Take a few moments to think of the effects that you would like to cultivate during your practice. This could be relaxation, improved sleep, or simply a few moments of stillness. Setting an intention will help guide your practice and keep your practice focused.
With a bit of preparation, you'll be ready to reap the benefits of a restorative yoga practice.
Essentials for a Successful Restorative Yoga Session
Restorative yoga is an incredibly engaging way to help promote healing and relaxation. There are specific elements that are essential for a successful restorative yoga session. Having these fundamental components in place will ensure everyone can get the most out of their practice.
- A comfortable space is essential for a successful restorative yoga session. This means a room with adequate temperature and temperature control and adjustable lighting. There should also be enough space for each person to practice safely and comfortably. Having soft pillows and blankets, as well as yoga props such as bolsters, straps, and blocks available will allow the yogi to move into a more restorative position. Additionally, playing some calming music in the background will help to create an atmosphere of relaxation.
- Ultimately, the most important factor for a successful restorative yoga session is mindfulness. The yogi should focus on the breath and take the time to notice the subtle sensations and movements of the body, without forcing or straining. To promote this mindfulness, find ways to engage with the postures, rather than just passively 'holding' them. This could mean using props to set up the body in a way that supports correct alignment, or using breathing exercises to go deeper into a posture. Doing this with intention and awareness will help the postures to be more effective.
Overall, having the right elements to create a comfortable space and cultivating a practice of mindfulness are the essential ingredients for a successful restorative yoga session. These two elements can provide an opportunity to connect and explore deeper relaxation and healing in a mindful and engaging way. By taking the time to prepare and prioritize a safe and serene environment and by using the postures as a way to become more aware of the body and mind, one can gain the maximum benefit from their yoga practice.