Are you looking for the best YouTube channels for Respiratory Therapy? Look no further! In this article, we've compiled the top YouTube channels to keep you up to date on the latest healthcare news, hospital advances, health care trends and more. Whether you're a college student studying respiratory therapy or a nurse at a local nursing school, you'll find valuable and informative content that is sure to keep you informed and educated. Keep reading to discover the best YouTube channels for respiratory therapy now!
Respiratory Therapy Zone
Respiratory Therapy Zone is a YouTube channel that provides educational content for prospective and practicing respiratory therapists. It offers materials such as lectures, clinical sims, tmc exam prep, and rrt exam prep for those interested in becoming a registered respiratory therapist. It's a great resource for anyone looking for information and advice related to respiratory therapy and respiratory therapy school.
Big Money Bound Tv
Big Money Bound TV is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping respiratory therapy students, nursing students, and respiratory therapists learn more about respiratory care, respiratory therapy salaries, and the respiratory therapist pay scale. They provide comprehensive information, resources, and advice to help professionals reach their full potential and to make the most of their career. The channel is an invaluable resource for those looking to get ahead in the world of respiratory therapy and respiratory care.
American Career College
The American Career College YouTube channel provides an educational overview of their respiratory therapy, nursing school, dental assisting, medical assisting, optical dispensing, and pharmacy technician programs. Located in Los Angeles and Orange County, this channel is perfect for anyone looking to gain an understanding of the various programs and gain insight into the medical career path before enrolling.
IARC-Indian Association of Respiratory Care
The IARC-Indian Association of Respiratory Care YouTube channel provides educational videos and resources to healthcare professionals in the fields of respiratory therapy, critical care, intensive care, emergency medicine, anesthesiology and other related specialties. It offers a comprehensive source of information on the latest medical treatments, best practices and research studies in the field of respiratory care. Videos from the channel help healthcare professionals to stay abreast of the latest advancements in the field.
The Doldier Media YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone wanting to learn about respiratory therapy, Bible teachings and theology. It is hosted by Daniel Doldier, an experienced respiratory therapist (RRT) and theologian. It covers topics like RT exams, respiratory therapist job interviews, respiratory therapy practices and techniques, and Theology 101. It also features videos from Doldier himself that give great insight into the complex subject of Theology and Biblical studies.
BeAnRT is a YouTube channel dedicated to Respiratory Therapy, providing knowledge and insights into this important field of healthcare. It is run by the Society for Respiratory Therapists and promotes a healthy lifestyle through topics such as lifestyle habits, exercise, diet, and more. The channel provides a comprehensive look at the practice of Respiratory Therapy and is a valuable source of information for those interested in the topic.
Sam Kelly's YouTube channel is an invaluable resource for aspiring respiratory therapists and physician assistants. Sam offers an array of videos ranging from My Path to PA to Pre-PA Tips and even RT to PA, providing insightful advice and guidance for anyone hoping to transition from RT (Respiratory Therapy) to PA (Physician Assistant). Offering his own personal experience, he's become an influential role model to many prospective PA and RT students.
Diagnostic Tools Used in Respiratory Therapy
From diagnosis to treatment, respiratory therapy is a profession dedicated to the breathing needs of patients. An important part of providing better respiratory care is having the proper tools and equipment to support the diagnosis and monitoring of a patient's respiratory condition. Diagnostic tools used in respiratory therapy include everything from physical exams and PCR tests to pulse oximetry and Spirometry.
- Pulse oximetry is a noninvasive diagnostic tool used by respiratory therapists to measure a patient's oxygen concentration. The pulse oximeter is placed on the patient's finger, and uses infrared light to detect the relative oxygen content levels of a patient's blood. A few advantages of pulse oximetry are that it is fast, safe, and noninvasive. With this tool, respiratory therapists can quickly assess and evaluate a patient's oxygen levels.
- Spirometry is another essential diagnostic tool used in respiratory therapy. With this tool, respiratory therapists are able to accurately measure the lung volume and gas exchange capacities of a patient's respiratory system. The test generally takes place in two stages, with the first stage measuring the amount of air that can be exhaled in a single breath, while in the second stage the rate at which air can be expired is quantified. Data collected through spirometry plays a vital role in the diagnosis and management of certain respiratory disorders.
All in all, careful appraisal of patients through diagnostic tools is paramount in the diagnosis and monitoring of respiratory conditions. Pulse oximetry and Spirometry are two of the most commonly used tools by respiratory therapists, and their results provide a better understanding of a patient's respiratory condition. With this information, respiratory therapists are able to design a personalized plan of care to best meet the individual needs of their patients.
Who Can Benefit from Respiratory Therapy?
Respiratory therapy is a growing medical profession that can provide treatments and monitoring to help those suffering from a wide variety of respiratory conditions. This article will explore who can benefit from respiratory therapy, and the importance of this important medical profession.
- Asthma, COPD, pneumonia, cystic fibrosis, and other conditions can all be helped through the use of respiratory therapy. Asthma, for example, can benefit greatly from respiratory therapy, as they can monitor airways and make sure their breathing isn’t obstructed.
- For those with COPD, a respiratory therapist can evaluate overall health, set up a treatment plan, and track progress.
- Additionally, someone with cystic fibrosis can benefit from the therapies and treatments provided by a respiratory therapist to improve lung function and reduce the severity of symptoms.
By assessing a patient’s condition, a respiratory therapist can determine the severity of a disease and begin a plan of treatment. This can involve administering medications, using technology to help work with physical and breathing exercises, and helping to make lifestyle changes in order to improve overall respiration. By providing these crucial medical services, respiratory therapists can improve the quality of life of those suffering from respiratory conditions.
The Impact of Respiratory Therapy on Long-Term Health Outcomes
Respiratory therapy has been proven to have a positive impact on a patient’s long-term health outcomes. It increases quality of life for those with chronic breathing-related illnesses, enabling better control of chronic health issues and improving overall health through the use of specialized treatments and therapies. Respiratory therapy often includes the use of lung-expanding exercises with breathing devices, inhalers, and oxygen treatments, as well as teaching patients how to improve their lifestyle choices and the use of other therapies.
- Respiratory therapists are highly trained professionals who specialize in the treatment of breathing-related illnesses and conditions. They provide a variety of treatments and therapies that are designed to improve the quality of life for those suffering from these conditions. Therapists can help with assessing and managing oxygen needs, providing specialized exercises and techniques to strengthen respiratory muscles, and providing instruction on proper use of inhaled medications. Furthermore, many respiratory therapists provide comprehensive educational services to ensure that patients understand their condition and how to best manage it.
- Respiratory therapy can have a lasting and positive impact on long-term health outcomes by allowing those with chronic respiratory issues the chance to take control of their health and stay healthy for longer. It can also vastly improve the quality of life and reduce the need for other treatments, such as antibiotics, when used in conjunction with lifestyle changes, better exercise, and good nutrition. By working with a team of professionals, such as a medical doctor, physical therapist, and respiratory therapist, the patient can get the best care possible and maximize their overall health and wellbeing.
Respiratory therapy is an invaluable tool for those with chronic respiratory issues and can improve long-term health outcomes. It is essential that healthcare providers and lay people understand the importance of this therapy to ensure that those affected receive the best care and treatments. With the right care and attention, a patient can lead a much healthier lifestyle and have improved long-term health outcomes.