Are you looking to expand your knowledge of ranching and farming? Do you want to tap into the best tips and tricks for livestock and land management? Then you need to check out the best YouTube channels for ranching, cattle, horses, regenerative agriculture, cows, and farming! With a wide array of content from the most knowledgeable industry professionals and hobbyists, you're sure to find the best advice for your specific needs. Keep reading to uncover the best YouTube channels for you!
Ranching: Top Youtube Channels
Sleep Ranch is a YouTube channel featuring videos from a typical American ranch and farm in the US. It shows various aspects of day-to-day life of a ranch and farm, from animal care, to ranching and farm machinery, to common activities like branding, groundwork and agricultural practices. Whether it?s showing off the daily routine of a rancher, or a time-lapse of a hay harvest, Sleep Ranch brings the beauty of American ranching and farming right to viewers? screens.
Carter James Ranch - Home of the Kansas South Poll
The Carter James Ranch YouTube channel showcases life on the South Pole's premier cattle ranching facility in Paola, Kansas. They feature videos highlighting the ranch's cattle, working in the fields, and the ranch's overall operations. Their ranching expertise and dedication to quality livestock are sure to delight and educate. Experience the ranching lifestyle of Paola, Kansas, through the eyes of Carter James Ranch!
Lazy T G Ranching
Tick Creek Ranch
Tick Creek Ranch is a YouTube channel offering insight and entertainment into the ranching lifestyle. From hobby farming to larger scale enterprise, viewers can enjoy a variety of content that includes instruction and fun. On this page, viewers can keep up with their favorite subject matter and learn more about the life of a rancher.
Painted Desert Ranch
Painted Desert Ranch is a YouTube video channel showcasing the traditional Western ranching lifestyle in Arizona. Videos include colt starting, horsemanship and cattle branding. All activities are filmed on the Painted Desert Ranch with stunning vistas of the surrounding desert and vibrant wildlife. The Painted Desert Ranch YouTube channel is your guide to understanding the life of a modern-day rancher.
Trinity Vandenacre's YouTube channel provides viewers with a glimpse into the life and times of a real Montana cowboy and rancher. The videos feature everything from horse training to ranching and Montana ranching life, providing viewers with an authentic representation of what it's like to be a real cowboy. Viewers can also learn more about the daily operations of a Montana ranch and how ranch life works. Trinity's channel is a true representation of the spirit of the Old West.
Dale Brisby is a YouTube channel that features ranching, team roping, bull riding, saddle bronc riding, bareback riding, barrel racing, horseback riding and other rodeo events. It also covers Texas ranches and includes videos on various aspects of the cowboy lifestyle, such as horse training and Rodeo Time. It's a great channel for anyone interested in learning more about the daily life of a cowboy.
Superior Productions is a YouTube channel focused on the American ranching and beef industry. They bring viewers behind the scenes of cattle auctions and allow audience to experience where their food comes from. Their videos feature the stories of American ranchers and explore the intricate details of the online cattle auction system.
Our Wyoming Life
Our Wyoming Life YouTube channel is all about the ranching and agricultural life in Wyoming. It features videos showcasing farming tasks, tractor-pulled harvests, cattle drives, adventures at the farmer's markets, and garden projects. Watch to get inspired to appreciate the rural culture in Wyoming and learn more about cows, tractors, and gardening!
RodeoReed is a YouTube channel based in Snowflake, Arizona, featuring the Flake family, led by Amy and Reed Flake. They share their lifestyle of ranching, showing off their Resistol cowboy hats, and their work with Blue Rooster Cattle Co. and National Ropers Supply. Also, Reed has made tutorials on how to rope steers and purchases from Liberty Safe.
Hurricane Creek Farms
Hurricane Creek Farms is a YouTube channel dedicated to their Tennessee cattle farm, showcasing the production of beef cattle and stocker steers and how they are managed. They talk about Stocker Cattle, Cow-Calf operations, Grass Farmers, and how to maximize their ranching operation from a day to day perspective. Their goal is to share their knowledge and experience in the industry to help Tennesseans understand the best practices for raising cattle.
The Kovariks YouTube channel focuses on providing insight into the ranching lifestyle. With topics ranging from I want to learn to ranch to How do you ranch, viewers of the channel will gain access to useful information on the requirements and culture of the farming and ranching world. Additionally, the extended Kovarik family offers a unique perspective on family ranching and the lifestyle itself.
FarmWifeFarmLife07-Nikki Fitz is a YouTube channel that focuses on the inspiring and entertaining aspects of ranching, highlighting the lifestyle of ranching and country living. She and her family share their narrative and experiences, creating a real and relatable atmosphere. Follow the Fitz family to laugh and learn about life on the farm.
Faith Family & Beef
The Faith Family & Beef YouTube channel presents a fun and informative look into ranch life in the Nebraska Sandhills. Follow along as they take viewers through their daily routine, share delicious home cooked beef recipes, and provide helpful tips and advice on how to raise cattle on a ranch. Experience the Nebraska Ranch and all its charm with Faith Family & Beef!
NCBA's Cattlemen to Cattlemen
NCBA's Cattlemen to Cattlemen YouTube channel is a great resource for ranchers, producers and those involved with the beef industry offering producer education, beltway beef updates, and insights into the nation's land and cattle industry. From cowboys to baxter, viewers can learn about NCBA and the modern-day cattlemen and beef producers.
Challenges to Consider Before Opening a Ranch
Starting a ranch is an exciting venture, but it's also a daunting one. It's not something to be undertaken lightly, as there is much to consider when making the decision to open a ranch, and many potential challenges along the way. Here are a few of the challenges to keep in mind before opening a ranch:
- Financing a ranch is a difficult task, with most ranch owners requiring extensive loans and investments. Some financial factors to consider include land costs, start-up expenses, operating costs, and management fees. Having the right financial resources and information available before launching the ranch is essential to its success.
- The other major challenge of owning a ranch is the personnel side of managing the business. Finding quality ranch workers who have the skills and drive necessary to run a successful ranch can be difficult and time-consuming. Also, having a thorough management plan in place to ensure that workers are well-equipped for their tasks is also important for the long-term success of the ranch.
- Finally, managing the day-to-day operations of the ranch can be difficult. Veterinarians, feed suppliers, and other maintenance workers are necessary to maintain a healthy ranch, and the additional costs associated with these workers must be taken into account. Weather changes can also affect the ranch, and potential owners should recognize that there is a degree of risk involved when bringing such a venture to fruition.
Overall, starting a ranch can be a great business venture, but it's important to consider all the potential challenges before beginning the process. With a comprehensive business plan and a prepared mindset, the entrepreneurial spirit can lead to a successful ranch. Taking the time to study the risks associated with opening a ranch can help set up a business for long-term success.
Tips on Feeding and Grooming Livestock on the Ranch
Raising livestock on the ranch has its rewards, but it is also an undertaking with a great deal of responsibility. Feeding and grooming your livestock properly is essential to keeping them healthy and happy. Here are a few tips to help you navigate the process.
First and foremost, schedule regular visits with your vet. Doing so will help you stay one step ahead sometimes if the animal requires extra care.
Next, make sure you are providing your livestock with quality feed. Purchase hay, grain, and other feeds from reliable suppliers and ask questions if you are unsure of what product to choose. This is especially important if you have animals with specific dietary needs.
Finally, create a grooming routine that works best for your particular livestock. This will not only keep them looking presentable, but also help ensure their skin and coats remain healthy. Brushes, combs, hoof picks, clippers, and shears are all essential grooming supplies that you should always have on hand. Keep your livestock comfortable during the grooming process and wash or brush away dirt and debris regularly. Taking the time to properly care for your livestock will go a long way in keeping them content and healthy.
Creative Ways to Market a Ranch
If you're looking for effective ways to market a ranch and improve your sales, there are plenty of creative options that you can use.
- First, think about how you can use modern technology to your advantage. With the internet, you can create a website and social media accounts, allowing you to market your ranch to a wide audience. This will give you the opportunity to share visuals, such as pictures or videos, that show off your products or services. You can also use these platforms to engage with potential customers, build relationships, and create a strong brand identity.
- Second, you can get creative with the ways that you promote and market your ranch. Try hosting events or seasonal activities, such as farm tours, classes, or open houses. This will give customers a chance to get to know your ranch better and will give you the opportunity to show off all of the amazing things that you offer. You can also engage with your local community and other businesses to create partnership opportunities or collaborate on marketing campaigns.
- Finally, you can use traditional marketing techniques to help promote your ranch. Reach out to local newspapers or bloggers to see if they would be interested in writing about your business, invest in print ads to get the word out, or start a mailing list to inform your customers about upcoming events or promotions. Offline marketing tactics are still powerful marketing tools and can be extremely effective for getting the word out about your business.
With these creative and innovative marketing tactics, you can give your ranch the lifting it needs to succeed.