Are you an amateur photographer looking for the best YouTube channels to learn more about pet photography? Maybe you're an experienced photographer hoping to brush up on your skills in videography? Whether you want to learn about cinematography techniques for pet sessions or expand your knowledge on dog photography, there's no better way to do so than by watching tutorials on YouTube from professionals in the industry. Read on to find the best YouTube channels for pet photography and photography tips.
Pro Pet Photog - Monique Renee
Pro Pet Photog - Monique Renee is a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing pet photography with a focus on dogs and cats. Through her channel, Monique shares her creative portraits of pets while also advocating for animals in rescue and shelter situations. With an emphasis on capturing the unique personalities of her furry clients, her channel is a great resource for anyone interested in pet photography and animal rescue.
Brittany Rose Petography LLC
AGoldPhoto Pet Photography Studio
AGoldPhoto Pet Photography Studio is an informative YouTube channel that covers topics such as pet photography, dog photography, how to photograph dogs, studio dog photography, and running a dog photo shoot. Through tutorials, reviews and interviews, viewers can learn a wide variety of tips and tricks on how to take the perfect shot of their pet!
PetsPhotography is a YouTube channel created by photographer Richie Schwartz that showcases stunning pet photography from www.petsphotography.com, with a variety of animals captured through the lens. Whether you're a fan of pet photography, or just animals in general, Richie's channel provides an interesting and unique look at the world of pet photography.
Inspawration Photography is a YouTube channel dedicated to pet photography and editing. It offers tips on how to take beautiful pet photos, as well as tutorials on how to edit your pet photography for the perfect look. Whether it's photos of dogs, cats, or other animals, this channel can help you capture the perfect shot.
Joanne Wetzel's YouTube channel is the perfect place to learn everything you need to know about starting your own pet photography business. From her dog mom tips, pet photography and portrait photography tutorials, to her editing and business how-to's, she provides useful content with an experienced eye. Be sure to check out Joanne's YouTube channel for helpful tips and advice on how to capture the perfect pet photo.
Beth Alexander's YouTube channel is a great resource for pet owners seeking high-quality pet photography, as she is a professional pet and animal photographer based in Ottawa, Canada. From cats and dogs to other animals, she offers a wide range of pet portraiture services that capture the unique spirit of your pet. Beth's photography not only captures beautiful memories, but provides a stress-free, safe environment for all the animals in her care. Dive into her channel to experience her amazing work and see why she's one of the top pet and dog photographers in Canada.
Holly Dwyer Photography
Holly Dwyer Photography is a YouTube channel featuring pet photography, offering tips, tutorials and advice for capturing perfect pet shots. This channel is a great hobby for pet lovers, giving an insight into pet photography and lifestyle. From family portraits to photos of cats and dogs, Holly Dwyer Photography is a fantastic resource for aspiring pet photographers.
Photography for the REST of us
Photography for the REST of us YouTube channel is the perfect spot to learn all about photography basics and more advanced techniques. It provides step-by-step guides on how-to photography and camera basics, allowing viewers to create better photos and take great photos. Special topics include pet photography and off camera flash for the more experienced photographer. With this channel, anyone can become a better photographer, from the beginning photographer to the more experienced.
Seth Casteel's YouTube channel is all about pet photography and lifestyle. It features various pet-focused Television programs and videos, ensuring both pet owners and pet lovers alike can find something interesting to watch. His channel is full of interesting content that adds value to the lives of pet owners.
Choosing the Right Equipment for Pet Photography
For pet photography, it is essential to have the right equipment to capture the best shots. The right equipment will make the photos look professional and beautiful. Here are some tips to help you select the proper tools for pet photography.
- First and foremost, you will need a good camera. When photography pets, you want to make sure you will be able to capture the moment in high definition. Digital single reflex (DSLR) cameras are the best choice for professional shots and they come in variety of price ranges. It is important to get familiar with the features of the camera your select. Also, consider purchasing a long lens if you plan to capture distance shots.
- For higher quality images, you will want to invest in additional equipment such as diffusers, reflectors, and soft boxes. Diffusers assist with creating softer, more natural lighting and they are gentle on the pet's eyes. Reflectors help to reflect the ambient light back into a subject, and soft boxes can be used to produce an even light for the subject in the photograph. Lastly, if you plan to use interesting angles in your pet photography, you may need to invest in a tripod for stability.
Using the right equipment can make a big difference in achieving great pet photography. Even if you are a hobbyist photographer, it is important to have quality tools to create beautiful images. Do the research and pick the perfect equipment to make your pet photography look amazing.
Understanding the Unique Challenges of Pet Photography
Pet photography has the potential to be both rewarding and unique. While it may include many of the same principles as standard photography, there are some unique challenges to consider when it comes to photographing animals. Understanding how to successfully capture an expressive portrait of a beloved pet starts with understanding the particular challenges of the form.
- The first challenge is to capture a photo that is both beautiful and meaningful. Dogs, cats, horses, and other animals will not look into the camera like a human will, and they often will not stay in the same place. It is important to understand the nature of each animal, and to be patient and creative in order to get a good shot. Photodynamically, pet photos require a different approach than standard people photos, such as shooting from different angles and adjusting camera settings to deal with movement.
- Creating interesting photos with pets may also require an understanding of the type of animal and its behavior. It’s important to always be aware of the safety and comfort of the pet, as well as the environment in which the photo is taken, to ensure that the photo is both beautiful and respectful to the animal. In other words, the pet photographer's knowledge and patience go hand in hand to ensure the best possible outcome.
With the right amount of dedication and understanding of the unique challenges, any photographer can capture stunning pet photos.
Essential Gear for Professional Pet Photography
Taking photos of animals requires specialised skills and the right tools to capture memorable photos for clients. Whether you’re a veteran or just starting in the field, having the right gear can make a huge difference in the quality of your photos and the ease of taking them. Professional pet photography usually requires more than just taking pictures, and the gear you use can make a big difference in the quality of the final shots. Here are some essential items you need to succeed in the field of pet photography.
- A camera with an interchangeable lens system is one of the most important tools for animal photographers. You want to make sure that you have the ability to switch out lenses to accommodate a variety of shooting situations. A telephoto lens is great for capturing details at a distance, and a wide-angle lens is the perfect tool for capturing a larger field of view. You’ll also want to invest in an external flash for your camera to ensure your images have a professional, clean look.
- Lighting is key to getting great photos, and you’ll want to invest in a few tools. Try to get a diffuser to place between your external flash and the subject, as this will soften the light and reduce contrast in your images. You should also invest in portable light stands so you can move them around and get the perfect lighting setup in any environment. Lastly, a neutral grey or white backdrop is a must, as it will help to create a professional look in your photos.
Having the right gear for pet photography can help you take your business to the next level. With a powerful camera, a variety of lenses, an external flash, and the right lighting setup, you’ll be able to get stunning shots that your clients will love. So, be sure to check out the essential items you need when starting out in the world of pet photography.