Are you looking for the best YouTube channels to stay up to date on the Olympics, Olympic games history and news, track, and field, as well as gain motivation and entertainment from comedic vlogs and fitness tips? Look no further - we have compiled a list of the best YouTube channels for you to check out! Read on for more information about these channels and start exploring today!
Olympic: Top Youtube Channels
The Olympics YouTube channel is dedicated to providing videos of the world's greatest sporting events. It features highlights, behind-the-scenes content, and interviews from various Olympic Games, including London 2012, Rio 2016, Sochi 2014, Pyeongchang 2018, and Tokyo 2020. It also collects world records, focusing on the best athletes from around the world.
Olympics Figure Skating
The Olympic Figure Skating YouTube channel is a great source for fans of the winter Olympics. It covers recent tournaments like the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games and dives deep into performances from iconic skaters like Yuzuru Hanyu, Nathan Chen, and Yuna Kim. From exclusive interviews to exclusive content, the Olympic Channel will keep viewers up to date on the latest in figure skating.
Olympics Skateboarding is an exciting YouTube channel following the greatest skateboarders in the world as they prepare for the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020. The channel features incredible talent such as Kelvin Hoefler, Yuto Horigome, Jagger Eaton, Momiji Nishiya, Rayssa Leal, Funa Nakayama, and Keegan Palmer. Whether it's their up-close perspectives of the exciting world of skateboarding or their expert training tips, Olympics Skateboarding is sure to get any audience excited for the 2020 Olympic Games.
United World Wrestling
The United World Wrestling YouTube channel covers everything from Olympic wrestling to mixed martial arts, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and women's wrestling. It showcases exclusive footage from Olympic Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestling as well as major events such as the Wrestling World Cup and Olympic Freestyle. It offers an in-depth look into the world of wrestling, with exciting matches, interviews with top athletes, and news updates.
NBC Sports is a YouTube channel offering viewers comprehensive coverage of international sporting events, including the Olympic Games, Football Night in America, the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Triple Crown, the English Premier League, the PGA Tour, the PGA of America, the French Open, the Tour de France, and the Kentucky Derby. With exclusive interviews and expert analysis, NBC Sports provides insights into all the greatest moments that make sports so entertaining and memorable.
Nick Symmonds is an Olympic runner and his YouTube channel features running vlogs, Olympic 800m training tips, Run Gum reviews, and other gear reviews. He is a renowned runner with a great following on YouTube who also promotes his Run Gum brand. His channel is the perfect destination for all aspiring runners who want to follow an Olympic athlete's journey.
DoggoneGold is a YouTube channel for all dog lovers. Featuring a Labrador Retriever, it showcases funny and cute pet videos, as well as dog tutorial videos focusing on how to make your dog an Olympic Gold Prospecting champion. With plenty of doggone funny videos, DoggoneGold provides a great source of entertainment and tips for aspiring pet owners.
CaribbeanAthleticsTV is a YouTube channel created to showcase the amazing talent of Caribbean track and field athletes. It focuses on athletes from Jamaica like Shelly-Ann Fraiser Pryce, Elaine Thompson Herah, and Usain Bolt. The channel offers highlights of events such as the 110m hurdles and shot put, as well as features such as Oblique Seville. Fans of Olympic athletics will find this channel a great resource to celebrate Caribbean athletes and their successes in the sport.
The Paris 2024 YouTube channel covers all the aspects of the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris in 2024. It showcases exclusive content, event highlights, athlete interviews, and more. Viewers can explore news and updates related to the Olympic and Paralympic Games, including the impact of the games on local communities, sports, and more. Fans of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games have this channel as their go-to destination for the most in-depth information about Paris 2024.
What Events Make Up the Olympics?
The Olympic Games is a prestigious international event held every four years. It features athletes from around the world competing in a variety of sports to determine the best of the best. The modern Olympic Games started in 1896, and since then they have grown to consist of several sports and events. So, what events make up the Olympics?
- First, there is track and field, which consists of running, jumping and throwing events. Then there are swimming, diving and water polo. Other sports that are part of the Olympics include gymnastics, team sports (such as basketball, volleyball and soccer), boxing, wrestling and judo. Some modern additions to the Olympics include cycling and triathlon. All of the sports are divided into men’s and women’s categories and individual and team events, making the Olympics truly a global event.
- In recent years, the Olympics have also added some new and exciting sports. These include archery, badminton, sailing and rugby. There are also now some “club” events such as golf, marathon and beach volleyball. Every Olympics has something for everyone, so whether you’re interested in traditional track and field or something more modern like sailing, you can find something interesting to watch.
With all of these exciting events, it’s no wonder that the Olympic Games have become one of the most anticipated events on the planet.
Modern Challenges Facing the Olympic Games
- One of the most difficult challenges facing the Olympic Games in the 21st century is the stance towards doping and performance enhancing drugs. With the emergence of increasingly advanced technology, detection of such substances has become harder and this is causing a huge headache for the Olympic governing bodies. On the one hand, stricter measures need to be put in place to ensure that athletes gain no unfair advantage from using drugs, but on the other, it is becoming very difficult to stop those who are prepared to go to extreme lengths to enhance their performance. Similarly, scandal surrounding the behavior of some athletes and competitors has caused serious damage to the reputation of the Olympic Games and its participants in the eyes of the general public.
- Another challenge facing the Olympics at present is the rising cost of hosting the event, with host cities around the world having to invest vast amounts of money in facilities, infrastructure and marketing in order to adequately stage the Games. The costs associated with hosting the event are becoming harder and harder to justify to taxpayers and local authorities, which is making it increasingly difficult to attract potential host cities. Many host cities have been left out of pocket after staging the games and this could potentially lead to a decrease in the number of cities willing to take on the huge responsibility of hosting the event.
- Finally, with environmental responsibility increasingly becoming an issue, the Olympic Games face the challenge of putting on a large, international event while still reducing the carbon footprint and waste generated by the events. From transport to catering, the Olympic Games produce a massive amount of waste, and this has been a key area of focus for organizers in recent years.
With more and more emphasis being placed on sustainability, the challenge for those in charge of organizing the event is to minimize the environmental impact of the event while still ensuring the participants have the best possible experience.
Tips on How to Watch the Olympics
In order to make sure you don’t miss any of the thrilling events, here are some tips on how to watch the Olympics this summer.
- First, sign up for a streaming service to access the Olympics. NBC will be airing the events, but the best way to watch will be through its streaming service, Peacock. Not only will it have the live events, but it will also feature a variety of Olympics content. This is the second most convenient way to enjoy the Olympics from the comfort of your own home.
- Another way to watch the Olympics is through your television. If you do not want to pay for Peacock, you can purchase an antenna or cable package. This will enable you to watch the Olympic coverage during its scheduled times. The best thing about this option is that you won’t miss any of the important moments leading up to the biggest games.
- Lastly, using a combination of both platforms is the most ideal way to watch the Olympics. With the live coverage on Peacock and the replays on your TV, you will get to experience all the prime Olympic moments.
With this combination of streaming service and cable, you will gain access to the best Olympics coverage. Enjoy watching all of your favorite athletes from the comfort of your own home.