Are you looking for something to take your fitness journey to the next level? Finding the best YouTube channels to help you along the way can be a daunting task. Look no further! We've put together a list of YouTube channels to help you cover all aspects of your fitness journey, from mobility and physical therapy to strength and workout videos, as well as yoga to help you relax and stay flexible. Keep reading to find out which YouTube channels are the best for you on your path to better overall health.
Mobility: Top Youtube Channels
Stick Mobility is a YouTube channel offering practical education on mobility and injury prevention exercises. Stick Mobility exercises help to improve range of motion, joint mobilization, active recovery, and functional training. The YouTube channel also includes mobility flows and body awareness exercises to help users improve their physical strength and conditioning.
Mark Wildman's YouTube channel is a repository for strength and mobility enthusiasts. He is a celebrity trainer and specializes in kettlebell and club bell workouts, heavy clubs, movie stunts, and ab exercises, making him the perfect trainer for anyone interested in kettlebell or club bell training. He also has plenty of strength training advice to give.
The Barefoot Sprinter
The Barefoot Sprinter YouTube channel focuses on helping people improve their health and physical fitness through barefoot mobility, foot health, weight lifting, weight loss and gain, physical therapy and exercises for improved shoulder, hip, and foot pain. It's an essential resource for anyone looking to take control of their health and improve their overall physical wellness.
Breathe and Flow
Breathe and Flow is a YouTube channel that offers a variety of fitness and yoga videos, classes and guided meditations. You can find videos to help you improve mobility and power yoga, as well as vinyasa yoga classes. The channel has something to offer for all levels of yoga practitioners looking to stay active and healthy.
ConstantlyVariedFitness is a YouTube channel focused on functional fitness, high intensity workouts and mobility. The channel offers tips and tutorials from a seasoned crossfit athlete, helping viewers increase their functional fitness, master crossfit movements, and tone their bodies with crossfit training.
Feel Good Life with Coach Todd
Feel Good Life with Coach Todd is a YouTube channel focused on helping people improve their mobility and overall health. Coach Todd provides knee pain relief and inspiring mobility workouts, as well as helpful tips for those suffering from lower back pain, hip osteoarthritis, Parkinson's Disease, and other conditions. He also offers special workouts for senior citizens. Subscribe to Feel Good Life with Coach Todd to kickstart your journey towards feeling better than ever!
Tom Merrick's YouTube channel is an inspiring resource for athletes and fitness enthusiasts alike, focused on bodyweight training, calisthenics, flexibility and mobility. Tom, a bodyweight warrior and mobility specialist, shares educational videos and techniques for improving your strength, power and athleticism. There's something for everyone on his channel!
GMB Fitness is a YouTube channel run by Ryan Hurst, a physical trainer who utilizes bodyweight exercises, mobility drills, calisthenics and gymnastic rings in his workouts. He has also developed the Gold Medal Bodies program which is used to improve performance and decrease the risk of injury through mobility and animal movement. Fans of his channel also find relief from back pain, hip mobility and other physical issues by following his exercises.
SaturnoMovement is a YouTube channel led by Gabo Saturno that covers a wide range of topics in movement, including calisthenics, yoga, fitness, handstand, flexibility and bodyweight training. It emphasizes mobility as a key to unlocking strength and improving performance. With their fun and easy-to-follow tutorials, Gabo Saturno and the SaturnoMovement channel empower its viewers to move better and achieve their goals.
Precision Wellbeing is a YouTube channel hosted by Ashley Ridout, a physical therapist that focuses on mobility and improving posture to prevent injuries and decrease pain. In her videos, she talks about topics such as functional medicine and how to deal with a frozen shoulder. Her channel is an excellent resource for health and wellbeing.
Hybrid Calisthenics is a YouTube channel with training programs that integrate calisthenics exercises with weight lifting to help you achieve fat/weight loss, build muscular strength and mobility. Their mantra, Part of the Ship, Part of the Crew, epitomizes their belief that everyone must bring their best effort and work together in achieving their fitness goals. They offer home workouts and helpful tips so that anyone can become part of their crew and achieve success!
Livinleggings is a YouTube channel dedicated to mobility, yoga, and fitness. Their mission is to give accessible guidance to beginners and experienced yogis alike, with lessons ranging from beginner yoga to dynamic power yoga and arm balance techniques. Whether you're looking for yoga fitness or yoga workouts, they have a range of options to suit your needs. Try Livinleggings for your yoga fit journey!
Zeen's YouTube channel focuses on the topic of mobility. They provide overviews and demonstrations of various types of folding walkers and upright walkers, as well as a lifeglider walking aid. Zeen also focuses on introducing and discussing a variety of mobility device technologies, such as those designed to provide a wheelchair alternative. Their channel is a great source for learning about different types of mobility aids available today.
Matthewismith is a YouTube channel focused on skillful movement education. It is an excellent source for learning to handstand, with a Handstand Toolkit and other materials for gaining greater mobility and flexibility. The channel also covers important aspects of gymnastics, climbing, circus and handstands, helping viewers to hone their movement skills.
How to Improve Mobility and Flexibility
Mobility and flexibility are important components of overall physical fitness. Without them, you may find yourself unable to do even basic exercises and activities. Through some simple methods, you can improve your mobility and flexibility, helping to reduce the risk of injury and improving overall comfort and movement.
- First, focus on stretching. This can be done through a variety of static and dynamic stretches. Static stretches involve holding the stretch for at least 30 seconds and should be done after a workout. Dynamic stretching takes place during a workout, for example by performing lunges or lateral shuffles between sets. These stretches can help warm up the muscles and increase mobility.
- Additionally, foam rolling serves an important role in laxity and mobility. By taking time to finish a foam rolling session as part of your warm-up routine, you can improve overall mobility and flexibility. Or you can use an appropriate tool, such as a foam gut stick, to work the deeper layers of muscles.
- Finally, incorporating exercises such as yoga or Pilates into your routine, can be of great value. These activities will help you stretch and strengthen the muscles and improve the range of motion. Allow plenty of recovery time between exercises and sets to promote muscle growth and improve flexibility. Of course, maintaining good posture is also vital for helping with mobility and flexibility and reducing the risk of injury. That said, proper posture helps to strengthen your core muscles and also reduces the risk of shoulder and back problems. There is no rush and it's best to start slowly and gradually build up your strength and mobility.
With consistency, you will soon start to feel the benefits and become a more mobile individual.
Movement Training for Mobility Improvements
Movement training is one of the most refreshing and beneficial ways to improve your overall health and mobility. By strengthening and conditioning your body through movement, you'll see an improvement in strength, better body composition, and improved stability and flexibility. Mobility training is a type of exercise that focuses specifically on improving the body’s range of motion and performance capabilities. Through movement training, you'll be able to perform common day to day tasks, sports, and other physical activities with ease and grace.
- Most people tend to neglect mobility training because it isn't as exciting as some other forms of physical activity. However, you should never overlook the importance of movement training, as it can drastically improve your overall wellbeing. Some of the benefits of mobility training include better physical stamina, improved posture, and greater overall balance. This type of training helps you achieve better core stability, which can make you an even better athlete and prevent injuries in the long run. You can also expect to see improvements in your overall mobility and range of motion, allowing you to push yourself even further in physical activity.
- Finally, movement training has numerous mental health benefits as well. Through the skill of focusing on your movements, you can experiment with selflove, mindfulness, and patience, resulting in better mental clarity. This form of exercise can also help you increase your confidence and focus, allowing you to accomplish success in any situation. So, aim to incorporate movement training into your weekly routine, even if that means just dedicating a few minutes on each day of the week. With this type of physical fitness, you can develop a foundation of strength and balance to live any kind of lifestyle. Not to mention, you’ll feel energetic and refreshed following each of your movement training sessions.
The advantages of movement training are plenty. If you are looking to improve your mobility and overall wellbeing, don't miss the opportunity to start training with movement. The benefits of increased movement will lead to more stability and flexibility, improved strength, and better mental wellbeing and focus. With consistency, you can expect to see drastic improvements in your physical abilities. So, give mobility training plenty of consideration and make movement a part of your everyday life.
Avoiding Injury with Mobility Exercises
Mobility exercises are a great way to avoid injury and enhance performance for anyone, from a beginner to professional athlete. In particular, a well crafted mobility routine can be incredibly effective in reducing risk of injury and assisting in a quicker recovery when injuries do occur.
- Mobility exercise involve stretching, foam rolling and various dynamic exercises, like supported squats, to help maintain and improve range of motion around a joint. Most often, commonly used muscle groups and joints like elbows, shoulders and hips benefit greatly from these routine. Through strengthening smaller stabilizing muscles and improving joint ROM, mobility exercises create more balanced and healthy movement around these joints, reducing risk of injury.
- The best way to avoid unexpected and potentially serious injury is to train smart and stay within a healthy range of motion. Incorporating mobility exercises into your workout routine can help condition your body to the demands of training and competition and make sure the muscles and joints have the support they need to remain healthy.
Being mindful and maintaining proper form when executing movement can go a long way with injury prevention and mobility exercises are a great way to condition the muscles and joints that often become neglected.