Are you passionate about exploring the beautiful world of art? If so, then you won't want to miss out on finding the best YouTube channels that discuss the fascinating field of mixed media painting. Mixed media painting is a form of art that combines a variety of materials such as paints, inks, papers, markers, and more to create a stunning masterpiece. It's a great way to express yourself creatively and can have a calming and therapeutic effect.
Mixed media painting: Top Youtube Channels
Karen Campbell MIXED MEDIA
Karen Campbell MIXED MEDIA is an inspiring YouTube channel that offers lessons about mixed media painting, mixed media art, mixed media collage, canvas backgrounds, art journal ideas, collage portrait, fountain pen ink, and mixed media portrait. She also provides detailed step-by-step tutorials about the creative process from material selection to the finished product. In addition, she covers collaging techniques that you can apply to your own art projects. Discover a world of endless possibilities through her channel.
FroyleArt YouTube channel is a great destination for art lovers. Through a variety of educational videos, it showcases the creative process of mixed media artist Jane Froyle. It specifically focuses on various art styles, such as mixed media painting, collage painting, abstract painting, art journaling, Gelli Arts, and Gelli Printing. It offers comprehensive online art classes and workshops for all skill levels. It's a great resource to explore exciting and vibrant mixed media art.
Art Social YouTube channel offers a variety of mixed media painting tutorials and time lapse art videos. The artist uses a range of materials and techniques to create dynamic pieces that explore movement and texture. Follow along with the tutorials to learn techniques for working with oil paint, watercolour, fabric, and more. Enjoy an exciting journey through creative expression!
Lydia Broderick Art
Lydia Broderick Art is a YouTube channel where Lydia shares easy to follow tutorials on mixed media painting, as well as providing personal lifestyle tips and ideas on how to make everyday hobbies more enjoyable. Whether you're a beginner in art, or a seasoned veteran, Lydia has something for everyone!
Understanding the Basics of Mixed Media Painting
Mixed media painting has become increasingly popular among artists in all mediums. This technique combines different paintings and materials into one artwork to convey a deeper message or emotion to the viewer. Understanding the basics of this versatile approach to painting is an important part of its creative potential.
- The best thing about mixed media painting is its freedom of approach. Artists can use traditional paint materials and techniques, as well as unconventional items like coffee grounds, sand, leaves, or fabric. Working with a variety of textures, colors and materials helps artists convey more complex messages by creating diverse paintings that look and feel different from traditional media.
- Mixed media painting also allows artists to explore the concept of layering. This involves layering materials of different textures, densities or shades. Once dried, the layers can be worked onto with colors, scraped away to reveal further colors or textures, or left untouched completely. This layering technique further enhances the art piece, allowing the artist to tell more of a story in the work. Additionally, the artist must consider the ways those layers might interact and bring unity to the piece.
Gathering the Materials for Mixed Media Painting
Mixed media painting is a popular artform that involves creating an artwork by combining several different materials. The possibilities are vast, as it can involve anything from painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, and more. Before you take out your paintbrush, it’s important to gather all the necessary materials for your mixed media painting.
- The very first step you should take is deciding what your artwork will look like. Will you be focusing on a specific theme? Will you be using multiple drawing supplies, such as pencil, charcoal, and markers? Once you’ve established what your artwork will be, it’s time to start locating the necessary materials. For example, if you’re planning on painting, have you gathered enough paint in the right colors? If you’re going to utilize drawing, have you found the best combination of pencils and markers to use? Taking the time to carefully consider what types of materials or tools are needed will make the painting process much easier.
- Once you’ve carefully considered all the materials you’ll need, it’s time to find them. You can shop for printmaking supplies or purchase textiles and embroidery thread from your local hobby store. If you’re on a budget, it may be beneficial to check out a thrift shop for art supplies. This way, you can purchase a variety of items without having to spend too much. Gather all your supplies together and your mixed media painting will be ready to start creating. Taking the time to carefully gather for the correct materials will ensure your artwork will turn out perfectly.
Finishing Touches for your Mixed Media Painting
Mixed media paintings are a great way to express your creativity as an artist. By combining various types of media, an array of colors, textures, and patterns can be used to create one-of-a-kind art pieces. In order to create the best possible artwork, it is important to employ a few finishing touches when completing a mixed media painting. These small elements can make the entire piece more visually appealing and ensure its longevity.
- The first finishing touch element is to add texture to the painting. Adding texture adds dimension to the painting and provides a more interesting look. There are many ways to add texture to a painting including using different painting techniques, materials like stones and beads, and even everyday items such as leaves and feathers. Taking the time to explore these options can greatly enhance the overall look of the painting.
- The last step to completing a mixed media painting is to seal the work. After all of the textures and colors have been applied, the painting should be sealed to ensure its longevity and protect the colors and textures. There are a variety of sealers available for mixed media painting, including spray sealers, varnishes, and even wax. Depending on the painting technique, an appropriate sealer should be used to preserve the artwork and maintain its integrity.
By adding these finishing touches to a painting, an artist can create an interesting and visually captivating artwork that can be enjoyed for years to come. Adding texture and sealing the painting will ensure that the colors, textures, and overall composition will stay vibrant and remain unchanged. Taking the time to add the finishing touches to mixed media painting will create a lasting piece of art that you can be proud of.