Are you a maker interested in discovering the best YouTube channels for all things related to metalworking, DIY, woodworking, welding, tools, how-to's, machines, tech, and gadgets? If so, you have come to the right place! In this article, you will find a comprehensive list of the top YouTube channels specifically focused on metalworking, DIY, woodworking, welding, tools, how-to's, machines, tech, and gadgets. Keep reading to find out more about the best YouTube channels for your maker's needs.
Metal working: Top Youtube Channels
The MetalWorkPneumatic YouTube channel is the go-to source for creative minds looking to explore the exciting world of metalworking, technology, and the maker lifestyle. It provides high-quality instructional videos to help builders of any skill level create beautiful, functional projects. From forging and blacksmithing to lathe work and welding, this channel offers plenty of hands-on tips and knowledge for all kinds of metalworking. It's a great place for anyone looking to learn more about the rich craft of crafting with metal.
Outlaw Edge is an amazing YouTube channel that focuses on metalworking, everyday carry, primitive skills, bow drill fire, flint and steel, auto body, hand fabrication, and hammer videos. From medicine to cooking, they have a wide range of content to satisfy all viewers. Be prepared to gain invaluable insight and knowledge as you follow along with their videos!
Bruce Cheaney's YouTube channel offers a wealth of helpful metalworking and leather craft ideas, tutorials, and demonstrations. He covers a range of topics from leather tooling and carving to sewing leather and has videos for leather working beginners. If you're looking for tips on leathercraft and leatherworking, then Bruce Cheaney's YouTube channel is the perfect resource.
5-Minute Projects and Design Ideas
The 5-Minute Projects and Design Ideas YouTube channel is great for metal and wood working enthusiasts interested in learning how to make and build their own hand-made, home-made crafts and projects. With step-by-step tutorial videos, viewers will learn how to do it themselves and make awesome design ideas come to life.
Totally Handy Shorts
HomeMadeModern is a YouTube channel founded by Ben Uyeda featuring DIY projects focused on furniture design, metal working, woodworking, home building and renovation. Watch to learn how to make your own metal and wood furniture, home renovations projects, and more. Ben Uyeda provides step-by-step tutorials and plans that allow viewers the opportunity to gain the skills necessary to build their own home made modern.
Make Everything is a YouTube channel devoted to showing you how to make and work with metal in a machine and metal shop. You can learn how to weld, make things by hand, and do various DIY projects. There is plenty of helpful advice and tutorials to get the most out of your metal shop and make the most of your maker skills.
Justin Voss's YouTube channel covers a range of topics related to metal working, from TIG welding tips and industrial design to creating metal art and repairing Broken Buggy NASCAR cars. Justin Voss's videos provide viewers with in-depth knowledge and instruction on how to do metal working and welding in creative ways.
Stuart de Haro
Stuart de Haro's YouTube channel is an informative resource for machinists, metalworkers, and makers. His channel offers a wealth of knowledge regarding the use of metalworking machineries such as milling machines, lathes, and other metal projects. He provides detailed step-by-step instructions for a variety of metalworking techniques, along with tips and tricks to help viewers maximize their machine shop experience.
Use the following keywords to describe the Bill Smith YouTube channel in a few
Depth Explore is a popular YouTube channel focused on metal working and other do-it-yourself projects. Their videos feature factory machines and inventions, as well as tips on how to best use machines and tools. From woodworking to 3D printing, Depth Explore provides a wide variety of projects to users, while QuantumTechHD and TechFreeze provide tutorials and tips to those looking to further their knowledge.
The other Finnish guy
The other Finnish guy YouTube channel is a great resource for metalworking and DIY enthusiasts. Whether you are looking to make a homemade tool or hack an angle grinder, their videos offer clear instructions and guidance on how to make and modify tools. Whatever your DIY and metalworking needs, you are sure to find great inspiration here.
Mr Tools King
Mr Tools King is a YouTube channel dedicated to teaching viewers how to create amazing and creative handmade tools. From homemade tools to box bar joint, the channel showcases amazing metal working projects and life hack ideas. With helpful videos and detailed tutorials, Mr Tools King stands out as a master of diy tools and handmade ideas.
Build Something Cool
The Build Something Cool YouTube channel is a great resource for metal working enthusiasts looking to learn more about metal lathe operations, milling machines, sheet metal deformations and welding techniques. They also have an associated website, metaltipsandtricks.com, where further insights and tips can be found. All in all, it's a great place to learn more about metal working and have some fun building something cool!
Sylvester's Customs is a popular YouTube channel featuring metal working, custom paint techniques, and classic car repairs. The channel is focused around do-it-yourself projects, as well as custom paint jobs and automotive paint jobs. Sylvester's Customs also takes viewers through the process of using a shrinking disc for metal work. This channel has something for everyone who loves automotive paints and custom paint jobs.
The Pilot Chemical YouTube channel is a great source of knowledge and information on metal working, with helpful videos explaining proper processes and techniques. It provides valuable insight into the operations and maintenance of metalworking processes. Here you can find videos on proper uses and explanations of tools and materials, as well as expert advice to help you get the most out of your metalworking endeavors.
Different Types of Metal Working
Metal working is the craft of manipulating materials such as iron, aluminum, brass, and steel to create useful items, structures, and objects. This craft requires an intimate knowledge of how these materials are formed, cut, welded and formed together. Metal working can be used to construct tools, machines, furniture, sculptures, and a variety of other structures and products. In this blog post, we will explore some of the different types of metal working in greater detail.
- One type of metal working is machining, which uses tools such as milling machines, lathes, drill presses, and grinders to cut, shape, and finish materials. Machining is often used to transform raw materials into complex parts. It is also used to create molds, which can then be used to create complex and intricate products. Machining is also often used to create patterns and textures on the surface of material products and to create smooth, rounded shapes.
- Another form of metal working is welding, which is used to join two pieces of metal by applying heat. Welding can be done with a variety of techniques and methods, and is often used to join pieces of the same material or of dissimilar materials. Welding typically produces strong and durable joints, which makes it an invaluable skill in metal working. Different techniques, such as MIG welding, TIG welding, and arc welding, are used to cut, shape and join different materials. In addition, welding may be used to repair broken or cracked materials.
Ultimately, metal working has many useful applications and can be used to create a variety of products. With the correct tools, equipment, and techniques, metal working can be a rewarding craft. From machining to welding and other specialized forms of metal working, it is a fascinating and ever-growing field.
Tips for Preventing Common Metal Working Mistakes
Metal working mistakes are common and can be costly, so here are some tips for preventing them.
- First, use accurate measuring tools. Measure twice and double-check for accuracy, especially for complex curves or angles. A little extra time spent making sure measurements are correct can go a long way to prevent mistakes and uphold the integrity of the final design.
- Second, when selecting the correct materials, beware of the effects of temperature on the metal. Be sure to read the data on the manufacturer’s spec sheet to understand temperature-related properties of the material to ensure it will perform as intended and meet the application's requirements.
- Lastly, understand the effects of the tools used on the integrity of the material. A wrong tool or machine can ruin the entire project or create costly defects. Make sure employees are properly trained on the use of these tools, and they must be aware of what they can and cannot do with the material. Researching the topic online helps if hands-on experience is not available.
Following these tips can help metal workers avoid costly mistakes and produce quality results.
Selecting the Right Metal Working Equipment for the Job
When it comes to metal working, having the right equipment for the job is essential for delivering quality products with efficient results. The perfect equipment setup will depend on the complexity and scale of the project. For novice and professional users alike, selecting the right metal working equipment can be an involved process.
- To pick the right tools, research and compare the features of various equipment models. Be sure to look at equipment specifications such as power, speed and performance capabilities, as the right equipment setup can save a lot of time and money during the metalworking process. Research which type of metals each machine is designed to work with, taking into account the varying properties of the material such as thickness, density, structural grain and heat resistances. Additionally, inspecting the type of tools and accessories the machine comes with is important, as tooling alone can cost quite a bit of money.
- When narrowing down the options, look into the safety features of the equipment that mitigate the risks that come with metalworking. Many of the machines on the market feature integrated safety features such as interlock switches, electronic speed controls and pressure-sensitive foot pedals. These features are especially important as metalworking involves heavy machinery and powerful tools.
Considering all these factors will ensure that you select the right metalworking equipment for the next project.