Are you interested in finding the best YouTube channels for low carb, keto, weight loss, nutrition, health, intermittent fasting, ketogenic diet, diet, and low carb diet? If so, you are in the right place! In this article, we will explore some of the best YouTube channels for anyone looking for information about any of these popular topics. So don't delay, start reading and find out which channels will help you reach your health and fitness goals!
Low carb: Top Youtube Channels
Low Carb Love
Low Carb Love is a popular YouTube channel hosted by Mayra, a certified health coach. She shares her personal journey of going low carb and her passion for sharing low carb and keto recipes. She focuses on healthy, whole-food-based recipes and is committed to showing that low carb and keto can be affordable, simple and delicious. She also offers helpful tips, advice, and recipes to make the transition to a low carb lifestyle easier. Her friendly and personable approach helps her viewers make the best food choices and stay motivated.
Low Carb Down Under
Low Carb Down Under is a YouTube channel dedicated to delivering low carb lifestyle content. It features educational videos, recipes, and meal plans that help people transition to a healthier, lower-carb eating lifestyle. By leveraging the latest nutritional science, the channel provides fresh ideas, tips, and strategies for eating a low-carb diet. The channel is a great resource for those looking for guidance on how to reduce their carb intake and make positive lifestyle changes.
Low Carb Program
The Low Carb Program YouTube channel is a digital health resource focused on helping people lose weight through low carb eating and behavior change. It utilizes the latest in AI healthcare technology to personalize medicine on a personalized basis and is the first of its kind to be endorsed by the NHS. It helps to empower people to take control of their health through diet and lifestyle intervention.
Health Coach Kait
Health Coach Kait's YouTube channel is an excellent resource for those looking to manage their insulin resistance, Type 2 Diabetes, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome through a low carb, low glycemic diet. Along with offering advice and guidance, Kait shares recipes and resources to help you gain better blood sugar control and optimize your overall health.
The Diet Doctor YouTube channel is focused on low carb and keto dieting. It offers advice and tips to help with weight loss and reducing belly fat through a high protein, low carb diet. The channel has videos for all levels of keto and low carb diets, from beginners to more advanced dieters. It provides practical advice on how to make healthy choices when following a low carb, high protein diet. Whether your goal is weight loss or improved health, the Diet Doctor YouTube channel can help you navigate your way to success.
Biolayne is a YouTube channel created by renowned bodybuilder Layne Norton and co-managed by Holly Baxter. This channel provides evidenced-based nutrition advice, natural bodybuilding tips, and low-carb recipes. It also covers topics such as reverse dieting, artificial sweeteners, outwork nutrition, and the Carbon App. Biolayne is a fantastic resource for anyone looking to build muscle and optimize their diet.
Dr. Becky Gillaspy
Dr. Becky Gillaspy's YouTube channel is focused on helping viewers achieve weight loss and better health through a low-carb, high-fat diet. Through her videos, Dr. Becky covers a variety of topics around low-carb meal plans and lifestyle management tips, providing viewers with the insights of a certified health coach. Be sure to check out her channel for practical advice, tips and tricks for staying on track with your low-carb diet.
Dr. Eric Berg DC
Dr. Eric Berg DC's YouTube channel covers a range of topics related to health and healthful living. He offers tips and advice on topics such as low carb and ketogenic dieting, intermittent fasting, and weight loss. Dr. Berg provides evidence-based and practical advice to help viewers establish a healthy keto diet and lose weight. He also offers unique keto diet tips and health-related resources.
2 Fit Docs
2 Fit Docs is a YouTube channel that focuses on low carb weight loss, and follows a high fat, low carb ketogenic diet. Each video documents their weight loss progress, and teaches viewers about the science behind ketone bodies and the benefits of a low carb high fat (LCHF) diet. Whether you're a keto beginner or an experienced lchf dieter, 2 Fit Docs has something for you. Tune in to get inspired and get the motivation you need to reach your weight loss goals.
Dr. Sten Ekberg
Dr. Sten Ekberg's YouTube channel is a premier health and wellness resource for viewers interested in learning about the low-carb, ketogenic diet and related tips for optimizing brain health and improving their overall lifestyle. With informative and insightful content, Dr. Ekberg has established a trusted and well-respected industry presence as a leader in Keto, Low Carb, and overall Wellness For Life.
Dr. Rachel Paul, PhD RD
Dr. Rachel Paul, PhD RD is a YouTube health content creator and college nutritionist. Her channel focuses on providing viewers with advice on how to be healthy and how to maintain a flat tummy on a low carb diet, whilst maintaining an overall sense of wellness. Her channel provides a plethora of videos and information on low carb diets, healthy eating, and overall wellness. Rachel Paul provides viewers informative and engaging advice on healthy diets, tailored to individuals.
Level Up With Dr. Iris
Dr. Iris Radev, a Filipino Canadian fitness enthusiast, runs the popular YouTube channel, Level Up With Dr. Iris. She specializes in low-carb and intermittent fasting regimens, offering viewers inspiring Filipino fitspiration from her own experiences with keto-based diets. With her straightforward approach, Dr. Iris helps her viewers reach the next level in their health journey.
Nutrition Made Simple!
Nutrition Made Simple! is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping people make better diet and lifestyle choices by offering easy to understand information on topics such as low carb diets, healthy food options, how to reduce high cholesterol levels, game changers for healthy eating, vegetarian and high-protein options, and the science of nutrition for weight loss. Healthy eating is made easy with this channel!
Foods to Avoid on a Low Carb Diet
Eating a low carb diet can be a great way to lose weight, improve your overall health and even reduce your risk for certain illnesses. However, avoiding certain types of food is a key part of following a healthy and effective low carb diet. Many individuals are not aware of which foods to avoid on a low carb diet and so unknowingly sabotage their efforts by consuming foods that can interfere with their weight loss goals.
- It can be tempting to consume snacks and packaged foods that claim to be "low carb" but they are often filled with artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and unhealthy fats. They can disrupt your blood sugar levels, leading to cravings, fatigue and difficulty losing weight. Additionally, processed meats like bacon, sausages and pepperoni can be high in saturated fats, sodium and nitrates which can quickly negate the effects of a low carb diet.
- Starchy foods, such as grains, potatoes, and legumes should also be avoided on a low carb diet since they are composed mainly of simple sugars and quickly converted into energy to be stored as fat in the long-term. Furthermore, it is important to stay away from refined sugars, sweets and most fruit juices as these are containing high amounts of simple carbohydrates. Sugar-sweetened beverages should be strictly avoided as they contain a high number of hidden carbs which can occur quickly during digestion.
By avoiding these food items and faithfully following a low carb diet, one can reap the maximum benefits of their weight loss efforts.
Delicious Low-Carb Recipes to Try
When it comes to low-carb diets, food choices can become quite limited. Most of us think of lettuce and boiled eggs but there is so much more out there. If you’re looking to spruce up your usual low-carb routine, then these delicious recipes are a great place to start.
- Try your hand in the kitchen with some Buffalo Chicken Bowls. This is an easy meal to whip up and full of flavor. Simply mix diced cooked chicken breast with your favorite low-carb buffalo sauce and serve atop a bed of cauliflower rice. Top with extra hot sauce if desired.
- For a low-carb version of fried rice, try this Cauliflower Fried “Rice”. Grab a couple of eggs, your favorite veggies and a head of cauliflower. You’ll be surprised at how much this dish resembles authentic fried rice. You can also add some lean protein of choice for an extra boost of nutrition. With a few simple ingredients, this meal hits the spot every time. So, try it out and take your low-carb cooking to the next level.
Understanding the Different Types of Low-Carb Diets
Low-carb diets have become a popular weight loss and health strategy in recent years, as they have been proven to reduce excess body weight, lower blood pressure, and improve cholesterol levels. Understanding what type of low-carb diet is best for you is an important step in creating a successful diet plan.
- The most common types of low-carb diets are the Atkins diet, the South Beach diet, and the ketogenic diet. The Atkins diet focuses on high-fat, low-carbohydrate foods such as meats and oils, while the South Beach diet emphasizes whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. The ketogenic diet is the most stringent of the three, with a very low carbohydrate intake allowing the body to produce ketones from fat, instead of carbohydrates, for energy.
- There are also other variations of low-carb diets, such as the Paleo and Zone diets, which differ in the amount of carbohydrates allowed and the types of foods consumed. While all these diets promote health and weight-loss, it’s important to consult a doctor to determine which approach will work best for your individual needs and goals. With a bit of research and advice from your doctor, you can find the right low-carb diet to help meet your health and weight-loss objectives.