Are you interested in learning more about long exposure photography? Are you looking for tips and tutorials on how to master all the tools and techniques behind creating amazing landscape photography? Well, you're in luck! There are countless YouTube channels out there dedicated to helping photographers develop their skills and create amazing photos. In this article, we'll take a look at some of the best YouTube channels for long exposure photography. Read on to find out more about the best channels for photographers who are passionate about photography, camera tutorials, Lightroom, Photoshop, and photo editing!
Long exposure photography: Top Youtube Channels
PhotoPills is a YouTube channel focused on long exposure photography, providing tutorials and helpful planning tools for capturing stunning landscape, moon, night, milky way, and meteor shower photography. Photopills tutorials also investigate techniques to help photographers create incredible night time long exposure shots.
Mark Kerton's YouTube channel is dedicated to teaching the art of long exposure photography. His channel, Kerton Photographic, has content from Canon 1DX camera settings to sports and landscape photography, to photo editing, and how-to tutorials. His channel also brings viewers through the stunning world of woodland photography.
Hudson McDonald's YouTube channel is a great destination for those interested in learning more about long exposure photography. He covers a variety of topics, from basic principles to advanced techniques, and his videos also offer viewers a glimpse into his lifestyle of frequent travels and adventures. His approachable attitude makes him a great teacher for anyone looking to get into this type of photography.
Attilio Ruffo's YouTube channel is the perfect resource for people interested in learning photography. From long exposure photography and landscape photography to nature photography and travel photography, his videos offer helpful photography tips, photography tutorials, Lightroom editing tutorials, and Lightroom tips. He is a great resource for learning photography on YouTube.
Sarah Lyndsay's YouTube channel showcases her passion for long exposure photography, landscapes, and the Canadian Rockies. She provides educational tutorials and tips for people interested in learning how to create beautiful landscape photographs. Her channel also features stunning nature photography which has been taken all over North America. With her insight and expertise, Sarah Lyndsay's channel offers aspiring and professional photographers the golden opportunity to hone their skills.
Colin Stalker's YouTube channel is dedicated to providing educational and informative videos about long exposure photography, landscape photography and how to take better photographs. He also shares beautiful landscape photography videos from Australia. The channel also includes a photography vlog for viewers to gain insight into Stalker's photography journey.
Chris Baitson is a UK-based photographer and vlogger specializing in long exposure, landscape, woodland, and seascape photography. He uses both Canon RP and Olympus EM5 Mark II cameras to capture stunning images of East Yorkshire. He regularly shares his creative process and offers helpful tutorials on his YouTube channel.
Stuart Marsden's YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone interested in long exposure photography with a focus on landscapes, seascape, and coastal areas. His stunning images capture the beauty of the Lake District, Northumberland Coast, and VW Campervans, inviting viewers to take a virtual travel journey through beautiful places. His extensive portfolio of photography, equipment advice, and unique visual style make Stuart Marsden's YouTube channel an excellent resource for photographers of all skill levels.
Understanding the Basics of Long Exposure Photography
Long exposure photography, also known as slow shutter photography, is a great way to capture amazing creative images that you might never be able to capture from a standard point and shoot camera. It can be used to create unique effects such as misty waterfalls, blurred moving clouds, and dreamy cityscapes. Understanding the basics of long exposure photography will help you setup your shots, and get the most out of your camera.
- The most important factor in long exposure photography is the shutter speed. The longer the shutter speed, the more light can be captured by the camera sensor. The camera shutter speed setting impacts the way motion is captured, with longer shutter speeds able to blur motion. When using longer shutter speeds it is important to use a tripod, as any movement, regardless of how small, will lead to an out of focus image.
- Another factor worth considering is the aperture setting. The wider the aperture, the more light that can enter the lens. Using a wide aperture setting can help create an amazing depth of field, providing your shot with a unique look. When combined with a long shutter speed, the aperture has the ability to blur motion and create a dreamy feel. Experimentation with different aperture settings will help you to create unique and creative images.
Long exposure photography is a great way to capture beautiful night time scenes, and create amazing creative shots. Understanding the basics of this type of photography will help give you the knowledge necessary to take beautiful and creative images. With a little bit of practice and experimentation, you can create compelling photographs you never thought possible.
Exploring Different Long Exposure Camera Settings
Long exposure photography is one of the most popular and engaging techniques in photography that involves taking photos over longer periods of time. By using a long exposure, photographers can create beautiful, unique images that showcase the motion of water, stars in the night sky, and more. Of course, capturing these beautiful images requires skill and knowledge of different long exposure camera settings.
- When it comes to settings, shutter speed and aperture are the two main factors to consider when shooting long exposures. A slow shutter speed allows more light to hit the camera's sensor, creating a blur of movement in the final image. On the other hand, a high aperture setting allows less light to enter the camera, but produces vivid colors and sharp detail. It's important to experiment with both of these settings to determine which is best for your image.
- One of the neatest camera features for long exposure photography is the use of ND filters. These filters block out light and allow photographers to increase exposure times without overexposing the image. ND filters come in a variety of strengths and can be used in a variety of conditions, allowing for more creative control. Whether you want to blur the movement of a waterfall or capture the vibrant colors of a sunset, ND filters can drastically improve your long exposure images.
Overall, long exposure photography is a fantastic way to explore the world around us and experiment with different camera settings to capture unique moments. With a bit of practice and knowledge of these settings, photographers can capture amazing images that showcase the beauty of reality.
Essential Equipment for Long Exposure Photography
Long exposure photography is an art form that produces amazing and unique photos. It gives you the opportunity to capture the world in a sensational way, fill your photo with light and motion and be creative with the results. To do it, however, you need to properly equip yourself with some essential items.
- First, you need a camera with manual shooting capabilities. You don’t necessarily have to buy a professional-grade camera, but you do need one that lets you adjust the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. A tripod is also necessary to keep your camera steady for long exposures. Additionally, you will need an intervalometer, which will allow you to set the timing of your shot.
- Finally, to get the best results, you may need a range of specialty equipments, such as light modifiers, neutral density filters and different lenses. Neutral density filters reduce the amount of light entering the camera and allow you to take long exposures in bright conditions. A set of different lenses will also enable you to experiment more with different perspectives and can create interesting effects in your photos.
With the right equipment, your long exposure photography will be a success.