Do you want to stay up to date on what's happening in the world of Jewish culture, religion, and news? Have you been searching for a great YouTube channel to find rich information, comedy, and education related to Judaism and Christianity? If so, you have come to the right place. Keep reading to discover the best YouTube channels for all things Jewish and Christian-related, including breaking news about God, Jesus, and the Torah. You won't want to miss out on any of the amazing content you will find on these channels!
Jewish: Top Youtube Channels
Jewish Learning Institute
The Jewish Learning Institute (JLI) YouTube channel is a hub for anyone looking to learn more about Jewish culture and history. It offers a variety of videos exploring topics such as the Torah and Talmud, as well as holiday traditions and religious observances. With content tailored for both beginners and advanced scholars, the JLI YouTube channel provides a comprehensive look at Judaism and its rich tradition.
Chosen People Ministries
Chosen People Ministries is a Christian ministry that partners with Messianic Jewish believers to share the good news of Yeshua (Jesus). This YouTube channel hosts video resources to educate viewers about Jewish and Christian theology, seminary classes, and spiritual development. It provides in-depth content and teachings on a variety of topics related to Messianic Jewish belief and practice.
JEM - The Lubavitcher Rebbe
JEM - The Lubavitcher Rebbe YouTube channel is dedicated to the teachings of the late Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the seventh Lubavitcher Rebbe. This channel provides access to Living Torah educational videos, Chabad teachings, and insightful advice on how to live a meaningful Jewish life. It is a great resource for learning more about the Lubavitcher Rebbe, the Chabad movement, and Judaism as a whole.
Jar of Fireflies
Jar of Fireflies is a YouTube channel by an Orthodox Jewish mom, provides a glimpse into her daily life as a wife and mother. She covers a range of topics related to Jewish faith and culture, including Torah study and discussion, connecting with the Jewish community, and recipes for traditional kosher cuisine. Follow along to join in on the conversations and learn more about Orthodox Jewish living.
Unpacked is a YouTube channel dedicated to providing a holistic education in Jewish history, focusing on the history of Israel and Judaism and the University of Jerusalem. They offer videos, articles, and other interactive resources to help people learn and understand Judaism and the culture and land of Israel, creating an open source of knowledge for those looking to further their understanding of Jewish and Israeli identity. .
Peter Santenello's YouTube channel documents his world travels, following his journey as a Jewish man living in Saudi Arabia as he visits destinations including Ukraine, Iran, Turkey, and Istanbul. Along the way he also tells the story of his friendship with a Muslim woman and their shared vision of a more peaceful world. His channel is a unique and inspiring exploration of different cultures and beliefs.
BimBam is a Jewish YouTube channel featuring videos for kids like Judaism 101 and Jewish stories, as well as educational content to introduce Judaism to the younger audience. It covers religious and cultural topics, like holidays, values, and traditions, to make learning about Judaism fun for all. BimBam is filled with captivating stories and videos designed to get kids involved in the Jewish community.
Meaningful People is a YouTube channel hosted by Rabbi Friedman, which focuses on providing ancient Jewish wisdom to a modern audience. He delves into topics ranging from Jewish life and learning to Chassidic and Hassidic wisdom, drawing insights from the teachings of Adam and Eve in contemporary Boro Park. The Rabbi Friedman's videos seek to illuminate the timeless truths of Jewish culture, enabling viewers to better understand and connect to their heritage.
Rudy Rochman's YouTube channel focuses on Zionism, Jewish activism and shared Jewish pride for Israel. It features videos on Israeli politics, Hebrew language content, spirited debates and rich discussion of Jewish culture, heritage and values. Rudy's videos provide an engaging place for people of all backgrounds to explore, discuss and discover their Jewish identity and solidarity with the State of Israel.
SO BE IT!
SO BE IT! is a Christian YouTube Channel sharing Jesus Testimonies and interviews with street people who are learning about Christianity. The channel also provides insights into the Messianic Judaism movement, as well as videos about How To's related to Christianity. It is a great resource for those wanting to gain a deeper understanding of Judaism and Christianity from a unique and often humorous perspective.
Exploring the Jewish Faith
The Jewish faith is an interesting and unique religion that has been around for thousands of years. It has many influences, traditions and beliefs, and can be followed by people all over the world. Exploring the Jewish faith is a fascinating journey.
- Being a very old faith, it is rich in traditions, customs and events. From the celebration of Passover to the observance of the Sabbath, the rituals and ceremonies of Judaism provide an insight into the beliefs and values of the Jewish people. There is also a deep appreciation for the rich history and culture of the faith, with an emphasis on using it to better yourself and the world around you.
- Studying the teachings of the Jewish faith, such as the ‘Torah’, provides a deeper understanding of the values, practices, and customs that has been passed down generation after generation. Additionally, discovering the different branches of Judaism, such as Orthodox, Conservative and Reform, provides a fascinating glimpse into how the faith has evolved over time.
Overall, exploring the Jewish faith is an enlightening and rewarding experience, whether you’re a follower of the faith or merely out of curiosity. It helps you to develop an understanding and appreciation of how Jewish culture has impacted the world, and can also give you an insight into your own heritage. All in all, it’s one of the most interesting and culturally diverse faiths in the world.
The Different Types of Jewish Prayer
Jewish prayer is a central part of religious life and practice in the Jewish faith. There are several different types of Jewish prayer, each with its own purpose and significance.
- The most formal and well-known prayer among Jews is the Shema. It is said twice a day, upon rising and before bed, and contains three key affirmations of the oneness of God, the daily obligations to His commandments, and the uniqueness of the nation of Israel. Other daily prayers include recitations taken from the Siddur, which is the Jewish prayer book that comprises prayers, meditations, and praises.
- The Amidah is the most widely used Jewish prayer and is said multiple times a day both in synagogue and in private. It is usually said silently but can also be said loudly depending on context. The Amidah is composed of nineteen blessings encapsulating several aspects of Jewish theology and belief. Traditionally, the blessings are accompanied by a sermon and a series of readings from the Torah. Certain holidays also have accompanying prayers, often reflecting the months and festivals of the Jewish calendar. Additionally, Jews can pray spontaneously without the need for pre-written liturgy. This type of prayer is deeply personal and meaningful to those practicing it.
Ritual prayers are an essential part of Jewish practice and they connect us to the God, our ancestors, and our communities. Whether recited as part of a daily devotional or as a spontaneous expression of faith and gratitude, prayers bring peace and meaning to our lives.
The Various Customs and Rituals of the Jewish Faith
The Jewish faith, also known as Judaism, is one of the oldest and most complex of all of the world's religions. It has a rich history of customs and rituals that are still observed in the modern world. Some of the key customs and rituals of the Jewish faith include keeping kosher, celebrating holidays and observing the Shabbat.
- Keeping kosher is the practice of adhering to the dietary laws of Judaism, which prohibits the consumption of certain kinds of food and drink. This includes a prohibition against eating pork, shellfish, and poultry that have not been properly slaughtered. Maintaining kashrut, or kosher observance, is a key part of Jewish tradition and is strongly encouraged among Jews.
- The celebration of holidays also plays a major role in Judaism. High holidays such as Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are celebrated, as well as minor holidays such as Purim, Hanukkah, and Passover. These holidays are set aside for Jews to gather together with family and friends, to recount their spiritual history, and to reaffirm faith in their beliefs. The observance of the Shabbat is also a key part of the Jewish faith, with Jews taking a day out of their week in order to dedicate themselves to prayer and study. On these days, it is also traditional to dress up and enjoy a festive meal with family and friends.
These customs and rituals are all a testament to the strength and resilience of the Jewish faith. While they are an integral part of Jewish history and tradition, they are still relevant and alive today in modern Jewish practice. Learning and understanding these customs and rituals is an important way to gain insight into the richness of the Jewish faith.