Are you looking for some great Celtic and Irish music to lift your spirits and create the perfect atmosphere? Look no further, because we've done the research to find the best YouTube channels that provide all of your favorite Celtic and Irish music needs! Keep reading to find out which YouTube channels provide a fantastic mix of Irish and Celtic music, as well as ambient instrumental tunes and epic fantasy soundtracks to keep your day moving along. With so much great music out there, you'll be sure to find some new and exciting tunes to enjoy.
Irish music: Top Youtube Channels
Online Academy of Irish Music
The Online Academy of Irish Music (OAI) YouTube channel is an amazing resource for anyone looking to learn to play traditional Irish music. It offers high quality lessons and tutorials on a range of instruments, including tin whistle, fiddle, and more. With OAIM's videos, anyone can learn the basics of Irish music and take their playing skill to the next level!
Irish Tenor Banjo with Enda Scahill
The Irish Tenor Banjo with Enda Scahill YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone interested in learning traditional Irish Celtic music and technique tips for playing the tenor banjo. Led by renowned musician Enda Scahill from We Banjo 3, viewers can enjoy a wealth of Irish music, as well as free Irish Tenor Banjo lessons and technique tips. Tune in to learn and explore the wonderful art of Irish Tenor Banjo music with Enda and the We Banjo 3 gang.
TradTG4 is a YouTube channel devoted to Irish music. It features traditional Irish folk music and original compositions, while also hosting the TG4 Music Awards and Irish Music Awards. It showcases the best in Celtic music, Irish folk songs, and more through its content, including the Geantraí TG4 and Gradam Ceoil TG4. Whether you're a fan of traditional songs or want to explore contemporary Irish music, you won't want to miss out on the wonderful selection found on the TradTG4 YouTube channel.
Livetrad is a YouTube channel dedicated to streaming traditional Irish music. The channel is a great resource for those who want to experience the unique sound of Irish music. Livetrad.com has its own website where visitors can find more content about traditional music. The channel also hosts live-streamed events, such as concerts, so fans of Irish music can stay up-to-date with the latest releases from the Irish music scene.
Je Pousse Un Cri
Je Pousse Un Cri is an exciting YouTube channel featuring acoustic versions of popular Irish, Spanish, and Flamenco music. Along with classical music, blues, and medieval sounds, this channel offers a variety of unplugged videos with captivating guitar performances. Discover a world of musical diversity with Je Pousse Un Cri!
Lucie Périer's YouTube channel celebrates Irish music with traditional pieces and relaxing flute and whistle music. Her channel features a variety of instrumental music played on the silver flute with some tranquil pieces as well as lively renditions of Irish music. Perfect for those looking for a calming and authentic Irish sound.
Visual Melodies is a YouTube channel that promotes relaxing and uplifting Irish music. It provides soothing music, restaurant music, background music, and scenic nature videos to help bring peace and relaxation. Listening to Visual Melodies' music is a great way to start your morning and provides a great atmosphere and mood when working, making it ideal music for work.
The Merry Ploughboy
The Merry Ploughboy YouTube channel features traditional Irish music, Irish pub atmosphere, Irish dancing, and their most popular song Sam is Coming Home. Whether you're a fan of traditional Irish music or of Dublin pubs, the Merry Ploughboy YouTube channel is the perfect place to explore the Irish culture. Tune in to experience this great Irish tradition!
Take 2 Promotions
Take 2 Promotions is a YouTube channel dedicated to promoting Irish and Celtic music and folk & roots music. It showcases many talented Irish musicians, as well as featuring performances and reviews of traditional folk and modern folk genre music. It is a great resource to discover new music and keep up to date with the Irish music scene.
Exploring Popular Irish Music Styles
Irish music is undoubtedly one of the world's most beloved music styles. Its signature traditional Celtic sound, cheerful jigs, and haunting slow airs have been enjoyed by audiences around the world for centuries. From the ethereal Uilleann pipes to the lively syncopated rhythms of traditional Irish jigs, the sound of Ireland is truly unmistakable.
- In addition to the traditional folk music, Irish music has also evolved to include many other popular styles. Irish rock music is one of the most popular, providing an energetic backdrop for many pubs and clubs in Ireland. Irish punk, pop, and even some jazz and blues have all taken root in the country and can be heard live at venues throughout the island.
- Despite the variety of modern influences, traditional Irish music still holds a special place in the hearts of the people of Ireland. Its unique combination of musical styles, infused with a variety of instruments, have become a large part of Irish culture and are enjoyed by audiences worldwide. From the intimacy of Irish folk singing to the electric energy of Irish punk, the sound of Ireland is unmistakable and always amazing.
Finding High Quality Resources for Learning Irish Music
Learning Irish music can be a daunting task for those new to the genre. There are countless traditional tunes, and the vast majority of them have been passed down from generation to generation orally. If you’re keen to gain a deeper knowledge of Irish music, you’ll need to source high quality resources to learn from. Here are some ideas for finding the best resources for learning Irish music.
- The internet is a great place to find online tutorials and online music courses. There are many experienced musicians and tutorial websites devoted to Irish traditional tunes. These resources vary in terms of quality, so take some time to investigate before subscribing to a web-based plan. Additionally, take a look at streaming services like Spotify which offer an extensive library of Irish traditional music. Taking some time to familiarise yourself with the different genres of Irish traditional music can also be very enlightening.
- Local music shops often carry a selection of books devoted to Irish traditional music. Speak with knowledgeable staff in your local store and see if they can point you towards the best books on the subject. You can also find books on traditional Irish music at larger bookstores, most of which come complete with audio CDs. While you are in the music store, why not browse the selection of instruments dedicated to Irish traditional music? This can be a great way to get started and gain some familiarity with the instruments used for playing traditional Irish music. Once you have some resources to learn from, you can decide which route you’d like to take to gain a deeper knowledge of this musical style. In no time at all, you’ll be playing traditional Irish tunes like an old pro.
Finding high quality resources for learning Irish music is key to successful understanding of this genre. With the right resources, you will be well on your way to becoming an Irish traditional music master!
Traditional Instruments Used in Irish Music
Ireland is known for its beautiful culture and incredible music, and traditional instruments have been playing a part in the country’s music since time immemorial. These instruments range from flutes, fiddles and píob mórs to drums, accordions and Uilleann pipes. Each of these traditional instruments has a unique sound and is used to create a variety of music styles, from lively jigs and reels to soothing laments and airs.
- The tin whistle is one of the most recognisable of Irish instruments and is easy to learn how to play. The tin whistle is simple and inexpensive, making it accessible for those who may lack the resources for more expensive instruments. The sound of the tin whistle is cheerful and often used in the popular jigs and reels that are commonly heard in Irish music.
- The fiddle is another popular instrument used in Irish music and is often used to play lively dances, as well as the popular slow airs. The instrument is favoured because of its big sound and ability to fill dance halls.
- Uilleann pipes, another traditional instrument, is similar to the Scottish bagpipes, with a mellow sound that can be associated with rural scenes in Ireland. The instrument is often used to create long, drawn-out melodies and is also used in Irish traditional dance music.
Overall, traditional Irish instruments have been around for centuries and are integral to Irish music. The sound of each instrument is unique, and musicians can use them to create a variety of music styles that are sure to delight any listener. Whether it be the lively tunes from a tin whistle, or a slow air from a fiddle or Uilleann pipes, the sound and beauty of traditional Irish instruments will never be forgotten.