Are you looking for the best YouTube channels to help you stay up to date on the latest health and nutrition information, as well as news and education on science, cancer, medicine, and more? Look no further! We have compiled a list of the top YouTube channels that focus on healthy eating, health and nutrition, education, science, cancer, medical, news, doctor, and hospital topics that you can check out. Keep reading to find out which channels you should be subscribing to!
Healthy eating: Top Youtube Channels
Pick Up Limes
Kristen Yarker, MSc, RD
Kristen Yarker, MSc, RD is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping viewers with their nutrition and emotional eating needs. It's a great resource for parents of picky and fussy eaters, providing educational and entertaining videos about healthy eating for children and toddlers, as well as sports nutrition. With Kristen Yarker's help, you can learn how to best feed your children and have a more enjoyable eating experience.
Making Healthy Eating a Sustainable Habit
It can be hard to establish a healthy eating routine, and it can be even harder to stick to it over a long period of time. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to make healthy eating sustainable in the long run. Making healthy eating a habit can be accomplished with a few simple steps.
- The first step is to plan ahead by making a grocery list and stocking your pantry with healthy options. Instead of buying unhealthy convenience foods that are ready to eat, opt for options like whole grains, fruits and vegetables. When you have a few healthy options readily available in your house, it will be easier to make healthy eating choices without having to go to the store to shop.
- In addition to having healthy options on hand, it’s important to create a routine. Scheduling meals and setting aside time for grocery shopping can help you stick to your meal plan. You can also get creative by preparing large meals ahead of time and portioning them out for a few days. That way, you don’t have to cook every night and can spend more time doing activities that you enjoy.
Ultimately, developing a healthy eating lifestyle requires commitment. But, if you make planning and preparation part of your routine, you can become successful in making healthy eating a sustainable habit. By committing to your healthy eating goals, you can improve your overall wellbeing and reap the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.
Why Eating Healthily is Important For Your Body
Eating healthily is an important part of living a healthy lifestyle. Eating the right foods helps to ensure that your body gets the nutrients it needs to work at its best and to stay strong. Eating healthy foods can also help you to reduce your risk of certain diseases and health conditions. Here are some of the reasons why it’s important to make sure you eat healthily.
- Firstly, your diet is key to maintaining your overall health and wellbeing. Eating the right types of foods and nutrients provides your body with energy and helps to keep your body functioning properly. Eating healthily helps to provide your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs for optimal health. This includes things like iron to help transport oxygen around the body and calcium to help keep bones and teeth strong.
- Finally, eating healthily can also help to reduce your risk of developing health problems in the future. Eating the right foods can help to lower your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. It can also help to reduce your risk of developing high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and obesity. Eating a balanced diet can also help to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety, helping you to lead a happier, healthier life.
Eating healthily is one of the best ways to look after your body, so make sure to include plenty of fresh and nutritious foods in your diet to ensure you’re getting all the essential nutrients and vitamins you need to stay healthy. With a little effort, you’ll soon be able to reap the rewards of a nutritious diet.
Making Your Own Healthy Meals
Making your own meals at home can be an extremely rewarding experience. Not only will you learn how to cook and be empowered with life skills, but you will also save money and be able to ensure that you are controlling exactly what goes into your food for maximum nutrition. Getting creative with your meals is a great way to continue to stay healthy and enjoy your food.
- One of the first steps to making healthier meals is to start stocking your kitchen. It’s important to have effectively stocked pantry which includes lean proteins, whole grains and legumes, healthy oils, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. Every time you go to the grocery store, aim to buy 1-2 new ingredients with which you can experiment. Keeping a good variety of food in your kitchen will enable you to make different, exciting meals that taste delicious.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment. Keep to the basics of the meal, but change the seasonings, spices and cooking methods. Try different types of marinades, or look for healthy and exotic recipes within your own cooking culture. There are so many possibilities if you just commit to trying something new.
Remember, making healthier meals is easy if you just keep trying. Enjoy the process!