Are you an art enthusiast looking to explore the world of YouTube and find the best channels to learn and improve your skills? Look no further! In this article, we will delve into the realm of graphite drawing, art, painting, and more. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist, we have got you covered. Get ready to discover a variety of YouTube channels that offer invaluable insights, step-by-step tutorials, and inspiration to help you unleash your creativity. Keep reading to embark on a journey that will lead you to the most exceptional channels for pencil drawing, watercolor techniques, and much more.
BMD Portraits is a YouTube channel dedicated to creating exquisite artworks using various mediums such as graphite, colored pencils, and pastel pencils. The channel offers drawing tutorials and shows viewers how to draw using charcoal pencils. One notable technique showcased is the green foundation drawing, which adds a unique touch to the portraits created by BMD Portraits.
Heather Rooney is a popular YouTube channel devoted to the art of graphite drawing. Known for her incredible talent and attention to detail, Heather showcases her hobby of creating realistic portraits and sketches. Alongside her artistic content, she occasionally shares glimpses into her lifestyle, creating a well-rounded channel for art enthusiasts and those interested in her personal journey.
Smoothie77 Drawing & Painting
Smoothie77 Drawing & Painting is a YouTube channel that focuses on various art techniques such as graphite drawing, pencil drawing, watercolour painting, and landscape drawing. The channel offers tutorials on how to draw using graphite and pencil, as well as watercolour landscapes. With a variety of drawing tutorials available, it provides aspiring artists with the guidance and inspiration they need to improve their skills.
Messer Creations is a YouTube channel dedicated to graphite and charcoal drawing tutorials, catering to beginners and aspiring artists. The channel provides step-by-step instructions on various techniques, such as how to draw with charcoal and use charcoal pencils. Additionally, it explores different types of charcoal and their differences, while also showcasing charcoal drawings on canvas.
Gemma Chambers Art
Gemma Chambers Art YouTube channel is a fantastic resource for artists interested in graphite and color pencil techniques. With thorough tutorials and demonstrations, Gemma provides valuable insights on using Faber Castell Polychromos and Prismacolor pencils. Her channel offers a wealth of knowledge on how to create realistic art and also provides reviews on various art materials. Whether you want to learn how to draw or explore the world of luminance color pencils, Gemma Chambers Art is the go-to channel for graphite artists.
Dave Porters Art
Dave Porters Art YouTube channel offers a diverse range of art tutorials and techniques, covering topics such as graphite drawing, oil painting, and pastel portraits. With a focus on drawing and painting realistic faces, the channel provides step-by-step instructions on how to create soulful and lifelike portraits. Additionally, viewers can find helpful tutorials on mastering pastel mediums and improving their artistic skills.
Kirsty Rebecca Fine Art
Kirsty Rebecca Fine Art YouTube channel is a treasure trove for art enthusiasts. With an expertise in graphite drawing and colored pencils, Kirsty showcases her exceptional talent in wildlife art. Her time-lapse videos provide insights into the process of creating stunning pieces, while her tutorials on how to draw make art accessible and easy to learn. Additionally, Kirsty explores other mediums such as pan pastels and pastel pencils, often incorporating Faber Castell products. Overall, this channel offers a wealth of resources for both aspiring and seasoned artists looking to explore various techniques and create beautiful art.
Divyanshi Rashi Art
Divyanshi Rashi Art is a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing the talent of graphite drawing. The channel offers viewers a glimpse into the artist's lifestyle, as they create beautiful drawings as a hobby. With a focus on graphite art, viewers can enjoy the artistic process and gain inspiration for their own creative endeavors.
Dragos Pepina Art
The Dragos Pepina Art YouTube channel is a fantastic resource for artists and enthusiasts who want to improve their skills in graphite drawing and colored pencil art. The channel offers a variety of tutorials on how to draw animals and pets using colored pencils, as well as tips, tricks, and techniques for using and mastering this medium. Additionally, the channel provides insightful guides on how to use panpastel and offers a range of helpful demonstrations on how to draw various subjects.
Pencil Drawing Tutorials with JD Hillberry
Pencil Drawing Tutorials with JD Hillberry is a highly informative and helpful YouTube channel that offers a plethora of free drawing videos for aspiring artists. The channel primarily focuses on graphite drawing and provides realistic drawing techniques that enable viewers to learn and master the art of pencil drawing. With its comprehensive collection of portrait drawing tutorials and drawing techniques, this channel is an invaluable resource for those interested in improving their skills and creating detailed and lifelike pencil drawings.
Meghan On Twitch
Meghan On Twitch is a YouTube channel devoted to showcasing the artistic talents of a skilled artist. Through the use of graphite, pencil, ink, and watercolor, Meghan creates stunning and detailed drawings. As a streamer on Twitch, she live streams her artistic process, allowing viewers to witness her creativity unfold in real-time.
The Basics of Graphite Drawing
Graphite drawing is an art form that has been around for centuries, and it continues to captivate artists and art enthusiasts alike. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist looking to refine your skills, understanding the basics of graphite drawing is essential. In this blog post, we will explore the fundamental aspects of graphite drawing, from the materials needed to the techniques used.
- Firstly, let's talk about the materials required for graphite drawing. The most essential item is, of course, the graphite pencil. These pencils come in various hardness levels, ranging from soft (B) to hard (H). Soft pencils are perfect for shading and creating dark tones, while hard pencils are excellent for fine details and light shading. Additionally, you will need a good quality paper that can handle graphite. Look for a smooth surface that allows for easy blending and erasing.
- Now that we have our materials ready, let's dive into the techniques used in graphite drawing. One of the fundamental techniques is hatching and cross-hatching. Hatching involves drawing parallel lines to create value and texture, while cross-hatching involves layering intersecting lines to build up darker tones. Another technique to master is shading, which involves using various pressures on the pencil to create different levels of darkness. It's essential to practice these techniques to achieve depth and dimension in your drawings.
- Lastly, let's discuss some tips to improve your graphite drawing skills. One of the most important things to remember is to start with light strokes and gradually build up the darkness. This allows for better control and prevents smudging. Additionally, practicing different pencil pressures and experimenting with different pencil grades will help you understand their effects on your drawings. Lastly, don't be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. Drawing is a journey of constant improvement, and every mistake is an opportunity to grow as an artist.
In conclusion, graphite drawing is a versatile and rewarding art form that anyone can explore. By understanding the basics of materials, techniques, and practicing regularly, you can develop your graphite drawing skills and create stunning artworks.
Choosing the Best Graphite Pencils for Your Drawing
When it comes to creating stunning drawings, the choice of pencils plays a vital role in bringing your artistic vision to life. Graphite pencils are a popular choice among artists due to their versatility and ability to produce a wide range of tones. However, with so many options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to find the best graphite pencils for your drawing needs. In this blog post, we will delve into the key factors to consider when choosing the perfect graphite pencils for your artistic endeavors.
- Firstly, the grade of the graphite pencil is an important aspect to consider. Graphite pencils come in different grades, ranging from soft to hard. The softness or hardness of the pencil is indicated by a number, with H indicating harder pencils and B indicating softer ones. Softer pencils like 2B or 4B are ideal for shading and creating darker tones, while harder pencils like 2H or 4H are better suited for precise lines and lighter shading. Depending on the style and effect you want to achieve, selecting the appropriate grade of graphite pencil is crucial.
- Secondly, the quality of the graphite pencil should be taken into account. High-quality graphite pencils are less likely to smudge, break, or produce inconsistent lines. Look for pencils that have a strong core, made of well-bonded graphite, to ensure smooth and consistent drawing. Additionally, pencils with a good eraser attached to the end can be beneficial for making corrections or adding highlights to your artwork.
- Lastly, consider the brand and price range of the graphite pencils. While there are numerous reputable brands available, it is important to find a brand that suits your specific drawing style and preferences. Experimenting with different brands and price ranges can help you discover the perfect graphite pencils that match your needs. Remember, the most expensive pencils may not always be the best choice for you, so finding a balance between quality and affordability is key.
In conclusion, selecting the best graphite pencils for your drawing is a personal choice that depends on the desired effect, quality, and budget. By considering the grade, quality, and brand of the pencils, you can make an informed decision that will enhance your artistic process.
Choosing the Right Paper for Your Graphite Drawings
When it comes to creating graphite drawings, the type of paper you choose can greatly impact the final result. The right paper not only affects the texture and appearance of your artwork but also how the graphite interacts with the surface. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to decide which paper is best suited for your drawings. In this blog post, we will explore the factors to consider when choosing the right paper for your graphite artwork.
- One of the most important factors to consider is the weight or thickness of the paper. Heavier weight papers tend to be more durable and can handle multiple layers of graphite without smudging or tearing. Lighter weight papers are more suitable for quick sketches or preliminary drawings. Additionally, the thickness of the paper affects the texture. Thicker papers often have a rougher surface, which can create more pronounced lines and shading in your graphite drawings. However, if you prefer a smoother finish, a lighter weight paper with a smoother surface may be more suitable.
- Another important consideration is the tooth or texture of the paper. The tooth refers to the surface texture of the paper, which can range from smooth to rough. The tooth of the paper can affect how the graphite adheres to the surface and how it reflects light. If you prefer detailed and precise drawings, a smoother paper with a fine tooth may be ideal. On the other hand, if you enjoy creating expressive and textured artwork, a paper with a rougher tooth can provide more opportunities for experimentation and unique effects.
- Lastly, it is important to consider the archival quality of the paper. Archival papers are acid-free, lignin-free, and made from high-quality materials. These papers are designed to resist yellowing and deterioration over time, ensuring that your graphite drawings will last for years to come. Investing in archival quality paper not only preserves the integrity of your artwork but also enhances its value.
In conclusion, choosing the right paper for your graphite drawings is an essential part of the artistic process. Consider factors such as weight, tooth, and archival quality to determine which paper best suits your style and preferences. Experiment with different papers to discover the unique effects they can create and ultimately enhance the overall quality of your artwork. Remember, the paper you choose plays a crucial role in bringing your graphite drawings to life.