Are you looking for the best YouTube channels to learn more about gouache painting? Whether you want to learn watercolor techniques, experiment with illustration, or hone your sketchbook skills, there are lots of amazing creative content creators out there. In this article, we'll provide you with some tips on finding the best YouTube channels for learning more about gouache painting. Read on to discover top-notch instructional videos and artist interviews that cater to the needs of all levels of painter.
James Gurney's YouTube channel is a great destination for those looking to learn about gouache painting techniques. He features videos on drawing, painting, and sketching with step-by-step instructions and how-tos, specifically discussing the nuances and best practices of this unique painting technique. Additionally, his channel can be a source of inspiration for art makers, as he shares art from his acclaimed book Dinotopia and other works.
Cecile Yadro's YouTube channel is a must-see for anyone interested in learning how to paint with gouache. She offers a range of resources, including tutorials, tips, and live paint-alongs, to help her viewers improve their gouache painting skills. From portraits and landscapes to abstracts and still lifes, Cecile's channel covers a variety of fun and creative painting projects.
Philip Boelter's YouTube channel is an excellent source for learning how to use gouache painting. He showcases his original artwork, as well as live painting sessions. With resources that cover Bob Ross techniques, along with anxiety and stress relief tips, Boelter Design Co is a great channel to find inspiration and instruction to creating amazing art.
Journal Away is a YouTube channel featuring a variety of creative content including painting tutorials, drawing and gouache painting tutorials, bullet journal setup tips, speed drawing and plan with me videos, as well as monthly and daily planning ideas. It's a great resource for anyone looking to practice their art skills, plan their days, or get inspired to journal and sketch.
Danny Sabra Art
Danny Sabra Art is a YouTube channel created by self-taught artist Danny Sabra. His videos include beginner painting tutorials using various mediums, such as oil, watercolor, and gouache painting. He also has videos about en plein air painting and color theory. Danny provides demonstrations of his work as well as helpful tips for viewers interested in learning to paint.
Calm Forest Studio
Calm Forest Studio YouTube channel is a great source of art inspiration and knowledge for anyone interested in learning the process of gouache painting. From paint with me tutorials to art vlogs and helpful how-tos, this channel offers helpful guidance and insights into mastering the art of gouache painting and offers a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere to learn.
Zoe Art Garden
Zoe Art Garden is a YouTube channel dedicated to the art of gouache painting. It provides tutorials and demonstrations of its painting process and valuable art resources for those interested in learning gouache art. It features a variety of projects to bring to life with the help of its tutorials and demonstrations. With its inspiring and detailed content, Zoe Art Garden is a wonderful place to learn the techniques and tips of gouache painting.
Tugce Dumlupinar's YouTube channel is filled with cozy art videos featuring tutorials on gouache painting, painting with me series, and Himi Miyu gouache ideas. She shares studio Ghibli-inspired landscape painting videos, as well as a variety of gouache tutorials perfect for beginners and advanced painters. Her channel is perfect for those wanting to relax with ASMR painting.
Supplies Required for Gouache Painting
Gouache painting is a new take on an age-old art form. This water-soluble medium gives paintings a unique, matte look that makes them stand out from other mediums. If you’re curious about trying gouache painting for yourself, there are a few things you’ll need in order to get started.
- First and foremost is the gouache paint itself. Look for a selection of high-quality opaque colors to ensure that your colors won’t get muddled while you’re painting.
- Brushes are next; use a combination of synthetic and natural sable brushes to ensure that you have the proper control.
- Lastly, it’s important to have some sort of water-resistant surface on which to paint. Many users find that bristol board or cold-pressed watercolor paper are the optimal surfaces for creating detailed gouache paintings.
Gouache painting can be an incredibly rewarding endeavor. Having a full selection of the necessary supplies ahead of time will set you up for success. Purchase the highest quality materials that you can find and seek advice from other experienced gouache painters if you need some guidance. With a bit of practice, you’ll be creating beautiful gouache paintings in no time!
Basic Steps for Gouache Painting
Gouache painting is a wonderful way to produce vivid, vibrant artworks in a short amount of time. The opaque watercolor-style paint has a soft matte finish which gives it a unique look. Luckily, getting started with gouache painting isn’t too difficult but there are a few steps you’ll want to take to make the most out of your painting experience.
- The first step is to select the right paper. You’ll want to make sure it is a heavy paper that can handle some moisture without buckling or warping. Heavyweight, cold pressed watercolor paper will work well. Then you’ll need to decide on the colors. With gouache, you have the choice of transparent, opaque, or semi-opaque paint. The semi-opaque and opaque paints are great for creating the classic gouache look.
- Next, you’ll need to set up your painting materials. Gouache paints usually come in tubes and you may want to invest in a set of small, empty mixing dishes. Have some clean water and some paper towels handy as well. When you’re ready to begin painting, mix your paints with a little water and create a few simple washes to practice with. When you’re happy with the results, start painting your masterpiece!
With a few simple steps and some trial and error, you can create beautiful artworks with gouache paints.
Inspiring Ideas for Gouache Painting Projects
Gouache painting is a great, expressive medium that can be used to create stunning pieces of artwork. While it can be used to create complex pieces that require a lot of skill and technical understanding, it can also be used for simple projects that anyone can enjoy, regardless of experience. With that in mind, here are some inspiring ideas for gouache painting projects that can help you get your creative juices flowing.
- One easy project that you can begin with is making flowers. All you need is some gouache and white paper, and you can make stunning floral still lifes. Start by sketching in a few outlines of flowers, then use the gouache to add color and light and dark shades. You can use basic techniques such as dry-brushing to create interesting details and bring your artwork to life.
- Another great idea is to create colorful landscapes. Gouache paints are perfect for painting nature, since they provide the right amount of opacity and authentic colors. Start by sketching a simple landscape, then use the gouache to add texture and light and dark shades. Add a few interesting details, like rocks, trees, and bushes, to make your landscape more realistic. The final result will be a vibrant and beautiful work of art!