Are you interested in French culture and lifestyle? Are you thinking of living in France or travelling to Paris? If so, you should take a look at the best YouTube channels focused on French lifestyle, France, French culture, french stereotypes, capsule wardrobe, fashion, and travel. From learning about the everyday life of French people to brush up on your French language skills, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Read more to find the best YouTube channels to help you explore French life and learn more about the fascinating culture.
French lifestyle: Top Youtube Channels
my french country home
The French Vibes YouTube channel is a great platform to experience the vibrant French lifestyle. It showcases the country's breathtaking scenery and traditional cuisine, providing a detailed guide on tourism destinations, and helpful tips on how to make the most of a uniquely French experience. It also offers an array of tempting recipes for delicious French dishes.
The French Solution
The French Solution YouTube channel offers an insight into the unique lifestyle of France, featuring videos that explore the culture and cuisine of the country. From pastry-making tutorials to tips on mastering the French language, viewers can learn more about the charming customs of the world's most romantic country. It's the perfect channel for those interested in learning more about the vibrant and diverse French lifestyle.
Oui In France
Oui In France is a YouTube Channel by an American expat living in France aimed to help other millennials explore French culture, language learning, and lifestyle. Along with tutorials on the French language and helpful tips on living abroad, the channel shows videos of the host exploring local bakeries, unique cultural moments, and overall life as an expat. Join Oui in France to embrace an incredible journey of discovery!
Edukale by Lucie
Edukale by Lucie is a French lifestyle-focused YouTube channel that empowers viewers to improve their health and wellness through weight loss tips, clean eating, healthy living, and nutrition facts. Host Lucie shares in-depth food facts and advice on healthy eating and dieting, helping audiences overhaul their lifestyles and live healthier, more balanced life.
Maghfira in France
Maghfira in France is a YouTube channel that invokes a French lifestyle. The channel provides videos about the amazing lifestyle Paris offers, as well as oriental versions of their videos in Hindi, lifestyle games, challenges, and more. All their content features a Parisian lifestyle and can be enjoyed by both Europeans and those living in Paris. Get ready to discover a new Parisian lifestyle with Maghfira in France.
Exploring the Simplicity of French living
Living an enviable life of leisure and sophisticated chic is just how the French do it. French living is oftentimes associated with expensive gourmet food, wine and expensive clothing. But at its core, French living is all about appreciating the simple things in life. From a gastronomic point of view, it’s about fresh, locally sourced ingredients supporting the environment. From a lifestyle point of view, it’s about getting into nature and enjoying a slower, more relaxed pace of life. Exploring the simplicity of French living can be a real eye-opener.
- Perhaps one of the biggest life lessons to be learnt from the French is to savour the moment. This extends from the food consumed to the time taken to appreciate the moment and the people around you. Eating outdoors provides an opportunity to ceremoniously dining, highlighting the importance of the moment. Furthermore, French living is about taking only what you need and not over-consuming what you don’t need. A French meal isn’t about the portion size, it’s about the quality and presentation.
- The simple joys of French living extend further than food. Being further into nature grants us the chance to unplug from the daily grind and take a step back. Take a walk around the village or go on a picnic. Binge on art, explore the town and find a café to linger in whilst you people watch. French living is all about focus - focusing on the simple things that bring joy and abundance. Whatever you do, make sure to take your time and be mindful when doing so. Life becomes about cherishing the moments and memories. And that’s the whole point - that’s life. That’s French living.
Celebrating Festivals in the Traditional French Lifestyle
Festivals are an integral part of the celebration of life in France, and every region has its own way of celebrating. In the north, church bells clang and regional dances can be seen in the charming villages of Picardy. Further south, Marseille's Festival des Embiez showcases the seafood, music and local culture, and fireworks are an integral part of each celebration. The French have a long history of celebrating numerous religious and secular festivals, with each tradition having its own unique flavor.
- For example, La Chandeleur celebrates the return of winter after the solstice, and is also known as Candlemas or the “Feast of the Virgin Mary.” Believers will light candles in their homes to bring good luck and protection. The Fête des Vendanges, or Grape Harvest Festival takes place in the late summer and is a time for locals to enjoy traditional foods and drink the wines of the region. The streets of Paris light up each year during the Festival des Lumières, with a colorful show of light and sound.
- France's big celebrations include Bastille Day, which remembers the storming of the Bastille in 1789 - the event that marked the beginning of the French Revolution. There are also sporting events, such as the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and the Tour de France. The country's biggest event of the year is Carnival, with festivities and events that run for weeks.
No matter what time of year it is, there is always a celebration of French culture, cuisine and atmosphere to be found in France. Viva la France!
Adopting the French Lifestyle on a Budget
The French lifestyle often conjures images of lavish parties and expensively decorated living rooms. But it’s not just about spending big bucks! Adopting the French lifestyle on a budget is totally feasible—it just takes a little bit of creativity and savvy shopping.
- The French lifestyle is all about atmosphere. You don’t need to overspend to create a romantic atmosphere; a few inexpensive lights and candles can do the trick. To keep the atmosphere light and airy in the home, opt for light and airy colors, such as whites and creams, and layer texture by using texture rugs and cushions. Lastly, add some greenery with some affordable indoor plants—not only is it aesthetically pleasing, it’s also great for your health!
- Creating a French lifestyle doesn’t have to detract from an everyday budget. Find inexpensive, vintage furniture on sites like eBay or even in local flea markets. You can also pick up furniture secondhand and refinish them for a unique and chic look. Pick up throws and curtains from thrift shops and tailors to save a few more dollars. And if there’s anything that you’re missing, try getting it secondhand locally.
All these, coupled with a few carefully selected pieces can create a French boudoir on a budget. Bon appétit!