Are you a budding photographer looking to improve your photography skills? Are you interested in learning more about family photography, lightroom, photoshop, lighting, portrait photography, and wedding photography? If so, you've come to the right place! We've searched the internet to find the best YouTube channels for you to learn from. Keep reading to discover the top YouTube channels for learning the ins and outs of photography!
Shoott Photos is a premiere YouTube channel for family photography. Their services include portrait photography, maternity photography, pet photography, engagement photography, as well as kids and family photography. They strive to make professional photography affordable and accessible to families everywhere. With its user-friendly tutorials and tips, this channel is a perfect resource for capturing timeless family memories.
Svitlana Vronska's YouTube channel offers tutorials, advice, and resources for photographers of all skill levels. Primarily, she focuses on inspiring family photographers, portraiture, wedding photography, and commercial photography in the Sacramento, California area. Her videos feature knowledgeable advice on the foremost photography techniques and the latest camera tech from Canon. Her channel is an essential resource for anyone looking to add some flair to their family, wedding, or commercial photography.
E- Squared is a family-friendly YouTube channel dedicated to teaching beginners the basics of photography. It covers topics such as the basics of the DSLR camera, shooting in manual and automatic mode, photography lighting, posing ideas, and tips for capturing the perfect shots. Whether you're just starting or want to brush up on your skills, you'll find something helpful at E- Squared.
Live Snap Love
Live Snap Love is a YouTube channel devoted to helping families capture irreplaceable memories by offering tutorials on family photography, camera settings, child photography, and lifestyle photography. Through this channel, viewers can learn valuable photography tips and tricks and explore the art of family and lifestyle photography. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, viewers of this channel will be sure to get inspiring and unique ideas for capturing quality shots of their children and family.
Amanda Hedgepeth's YouTube channel covers a variety of topics related to family photography and education. She is also an advocate for hidden disabilities such as Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorder. Amanda's home base is the Outer Banks of North Carolina, specifically Hatteras Island, and she shares her expertise and passion for fun family photography throughout the region.
JCPenney Portraits is the official YouTube channel of JCPenney Portraits, a family photography service they offer. The channel covers topics such as product offerings, tips for taking great portraits, and a peek into their special offers. With professional photographers and a wide selection of family portrait packages, JCPenney Portraits provides a convenient and memorable way to capture all of life's special memories.
Ashley Ammons Education
Shannon Reece Jones
Shannon Reece Jones' YouTube channel is a great resource for those looking to learn the basics of family photography, newborn photography, and maternity photography. Based in Houston, she is also a talented family and newborn photographer. Her videos showcase her skills in newborn photography and offer a behind-the-scenes look at how she creates stunning images for her clients.
Tips to get the Best Family Photography
When it comes to capturing family memories, the best family photography will always capture the most meaningful memories shared between loved ones. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your next family portrait session.
- First, doing some research before scheduling your appointment is essential. Check out the portfolio of your photographer to get an idea of their style, and most importantly, the quality of their work. Ask friends and family for any referrals or reviews from past photographers they might have used. This will help you to decide if their style matches up with what you envision for your family’s photos.
- Second, communicate the vision you have for the photography session with your chosen photographer. Exploring different ideas and talking through which poses and shots you’d like to focus on ahead of time ensures that you and the photographer are on the same page. Also, if your family has any special props they might like to use for the shoot, feel free to bring them along.
- Finally, make sure the experience is comfortable and enjoyable for everyone involved. If you have young children, take some breaks during the session for snacks and breaks. Discuss with your photographer settings that fit with your vision – take advantage of natural light, visit a local park, or capture any meaningful family items for the photos.
With a bit of planning and preparation, your family can capture unforgettable memories and create bonds that last a lifetime.
Various Types of Family Photography Shots
When it comes to family photography, there are many different types of shots that can serve different purposes. Depending on the type of family and what they want to remember, there can be a variety of options available. Here are the various types of family photography shots to consider:
- Group Photo. This is the most classic type of family photo, with everyone in their best dress and smiling broadly for the camera. Group photos are ideal for capturing a moment in time and remind people of how your family looked when everyone was together.
- Individual Portraits. These shots can give each family member a chance to shine and show their individual personalities. Taking candid photos of each person together can tell a unique story and give a nice touch to any photo album.
- Action Shots. If there is something special that your family loves to do together, action shots are a great way to document the activity. Whether it’s playing a game, running around the park, going on vacation, or any other activity, having it captured and preserved can make for a great memory.
No matter what type of family photography shot you choose, it can be a great way to document your family’s memories for years to come. Remember to capture all of the important moments, whether in group photos or individual portraits, as these memories will last a lifetime.
Tips for Choosing a Family Photography Location
When thinking about a family photography session, the location plays a large role in the feeling of the photos. If you decide to hire a family photographer, the location can help add a beautiful setting to the day. Finding the perfect location is an important part of the experience, so here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing a special spot for your family photo shoot.
- First and foremost, consider the elements that make a picture perfect day. If you are hoping for outdoor photos, try to avoid harsh lighting that might cause harsh shadows. Cloudy days create softer, warmer tones and may be a good option for outdoor photos. The lighting should be taken into account when choosing a time of day, as the quality of light will make a difference in the final photos. Also think about the natural background that your photographer will have to work with – trees, mountains and beaches can provide a lovely backdrop for the photos.
- As for location specifics, you may want to opt for a spot that has a special place in your family’s history, like the beach where you’ve spent weekend trips for years, or a backyard that your children love to play in. If you are having a professional family photo shoot, you may also want to consider a nearby park or courtyard that will provide lots of interest without being too busy. It’s also important to remember your comfort – choosing a location that is nearby and easy to access can help everyone feel more relaxed throughout the process.
- Finally, find a family photographer that you trust and that has experience in the location you choose. This way, they can provide advice and help you choose the best option for your photos.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to find the perfect spot for your family photo session. Good luck!