Are you looking for the best YouTube channels to deepen your knowledge of photography and videography? Look no further! We have researched the best YouTube channels for event photography, Canon and Sony equipment, photography tutorials, and photography tips all in one place! Keep reading to discover the top YouTube channels for photographers wanting advice on all things photography and videography!
Wes Kriesel Photo
Wes Kriesel Photo is a YouTube channel devoted to showcasing the work of Wes Kriesel, a professional photographer specializing in event, food, and portrait photography. His videography often features the use of Canon EOS R equipment and RF lenses, showcasing the amazing power and versatility of modern digital photography. He often offers helpful advice and tips for aspiring photographers as well.
Simon King's YouTube channel is dedicated to event photography, wedding photography, and videography. He documents his travels to Aberdeen, Scotland while using Tamron and Sony cameras to capture stunning photos and videos. He is passionate about demonstrating his skill and craft in creating the perfect shot.
Andrew GoodCamera's YouTube channel is the perfect destination for photographers of all levels. Through his documentary photography, event photography, and street photography, Andrew shares his vast knowledge of photography gear, Fujifilm products, and reviews. He also captures stunning photos and shows viewers how to use various Fujifilm products for their photography endeavors.
Mik Milman's YouTube channel is a one-stop shop for all things event and professional photography. With professional photography lessons and tips from an experienced teacher, viewers can learn to become professional photographers. In addition to that, Mik Milman is a freelance photographer in Los Angeles, offering guidance and insight for those looking to pursue event photography.
Jason Osborne's YouTube channel is an excellent resource for aspiring and professional photographers. He produces content related to event, portrait, and wedding photography, as well as tutorials on camera basics and editing with Lightroom and Photoshop 2022. His videos are perfect for anyone looking to learn more about photography and gain artistic inspiration from watching Jason Osborne's skilled portrait and event photography.
Jesse DeYoung's YouTube channel is perfect for photographers of all levels! He covers topics such as flash photography, natural light photography, lighting tips, and even event photography. He also provides in-depth tutorials on utilizing both Canon cameras and iPhone photography, providing photographers with invaluable tips and advice to help them take amazing photos. If you're looking to up your photography game, Jesse DeYoung's YouTube channel is a must-watch!
Michiel Ton's YouTube channel provides tips and advice on event and festival photography. It covers topics from business event photography to music festival photography and offers helpful advice on how to photograph festivals and become a professional festival photographer. Watch Michiel's tutorials to enhance your skills as an event and festival photographer.
The Imaculum YouTube channel is a resource for professional event photographers and event marketers. It features videos covering event photography tips and techniques, as well as software tutorials for event photography software, photo sales software, and event photo marketing software like Henwig. Get the most out of your event photography business with Imaculum!
The Do's and Don'ts of Event Photography
Event photography can be tricky yet fascinating. Capturing the candid moments between people, as well as the larger aspects of a unique environment can lead to amazing memories that will last a lifetime. To ensure that you get the best results out of your event photography, here are a few do’s and don’ts of event photography:
- Do have all your equipment ready before the event. This means having gear such as lenses, flashes, batteries, and memory cards packed so you know you have everything at hand. Having the necessary gear ready can also help you get accustomed to the environment before the event takes place.
- Don’t be afraid to move around. It can be tempting to stay put in one spot, but by moving around, you can get a better perspective on the event. Make sure you move around to get different angles and perspectives so you can capture the best shots of the event.
- Do interact with the people you’re photographing. Getting to know the event space and people before you take photos helps you capture more natural photos that bring out true emotions of the moment. Simply start a conversation with those attending or even the hosts to get a better idea of what’s going on. By doing this, you’re more likely to capture the true essence of the scene.
Essential Equipment for Professional Event Photography
When it comes to professional event photography, having the right equipment can make a huge difference in the quality of your images. There are several essential pieces of equipment you should invest in as a professional event photographer in order to get the most out of every shoot.
- First and foremost is a good quality camera. Investing in a high-end DSLR or mirrorless camera will give you the best possible images in low-light situations, and the expansive range of lenses will offer you vast creative possibilites. Additionally, external strobes and flashes are essential for shooting in low-light environments, where natural light is not available. Investing in a good lighting system will ensure that your images always look professional and natural.
- Finally, no professional event photographer should be without a good sturdy tripod. Having the ability to stabilize your camera in different locations and shoot from different angles can make all the difference when trying to capture the perfect moment. Additionally, make sure to invest in a sturdy carrying case so that your equipment is always protected and organized.
Overall, having the right equipment is essential for event photography. Investing in a quality camera, lighting system, and tripod will allow you to capture stunning images any time of day and in a variety of settings. The possibilities are endless with the right equipment, so get out there and start shooting!
Understanding the Style and Technique of Event Photography
Event photography is an essential technique and style used by photographers to produce beautiful, high-quality images of significant occasions. To make the most of these specialty shoots, it is important to understand the techniques and style used by professional photographers.
- The technique used in event photography typically involves capturing dozens of candid moments throughout the duration of the event. Professional event photographers know how to spot an important moment and capture it without missing a beat. In addition, they use wide-angle lenses, leading lines, and depth to add visual elements that can emphasize the beauty and emotion of an event.
- Good event photographers combine style and technique to get the perfect shot. Some techniques seek to add a feeling of motion in the photograph while others build drama or provide greater emphasis on important elements. Event photographers also need to be aware of the light sources, timing, and positioning when capturing shots. Continuous practice and preparation are needed to perfect this style of photography.
With the right technique and style put together, a photographer can result in a stunning image that will immortalize the moment for years to come.