Are you interested in learning about encaustic painting and art? Are you looking to get ideas and inspiration from experienced and renowned encaustic artists? Then you've come to the right place! We invite you to explore our selection of the best YouTube channels for encaustic painting, painting, art, encaustic, artist, paint, art supplies, drawing, wax, and mixed media. We've done in-depth research and compiled our top picks to help you find the perfect channel to watch. Keep reading to find the best channel to suit your needs.
Encaustic painting: Top Youtube Channels
Art & Success - Pamela Caughey Art
The Art & Success - Pamela Caughey Art YouTube channel offers art demos, online courses, and inspiration to aspiring artists. Engaging videos showcase Pamela Caughey's techniques for encaustic painting, coldwax painting, and acrylic painting, as well as her powerful design and personal color. Viewers can expand their knowledge and hone their skills with the video tutorials and online art courses.
Shari Replogle's YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone interested in encaustic painting. Through her tutorials, online workshops and demos, she shares her knowledge and expertise in encaustic techniques and abstract and intuitive painting. She also offers a variety of mixed media and photo encaustic painting projects.
Dana Harris Seeger
Dana Harris Seeger's YouTube channel showcases her passion for creative techniques and mediums, including encaustic painting, screen printing, digital projection, conductive ink, painting, printmaking, and lithography. Her videos demonstrate her creative process as she explores the wonders of encaustic painting and other traditional and modern artistic techniques.
The Far Pavilion Mixed Media Art Tutorials
The Far Pavilion Mixed Media Art Tutorials YouTube channel is an excellent resource for art enthusiasts interested in learning encaustic painting and other mixed media art techniques. Through a series of art journal entries, tutorials, and art experiments, viewers can explore encaustic painting and altered art with confidence. With guidance from this channel, viewers can be inspired and learn to create their own unique encaustic paintings.
RFPaints YouTube channel is a great source of inspiration and knowledge for encaustic, oil paint, pigment stick, R&F, and oilstick art enthusiasts! The channel provides detailed tutorials on how to create art with wax, beeswax, pigment, and stick mediums. From basic techniques to advanced and professional level artwork, RFPaints has something for everyone.
Enkaustikos is a YouTube channel dedicated to encaustic painting. This channel shares a range of encaustic painting techniques, from wax art to color mixing in encaustic, so viewers can learn the fundamentals of wax paint application and how to create impressive works of art. With the help of Enkaustikos, viewers can quickly become hot cakes in the world of encaustic wax painting.
Alicia Tormey's YouTube channel provides viewers with a wealth of knowledge on encaustic painting, featuring tutorials, techniques, and tips on art marketing and business coaching for artists. Through her channel, viewers can learn how to apply shellac burn, as well as creating art to advance their art business.
Essential Materials for Encaustic Painting
Encaustic painting is an ancient artistic technique that has surged in popularity recently. Originating in the 5th century B.C., this type of painting involves the use of heated beeswax, resin, and pigments to create works of art. To get started with encaustic painting, it’s important to have the right materials. Here is a list of essential items for an encaustic artist.
- First and foremost, an encaustic artist needs beeswax. This is the main ingredient in encaustic painting and is available in blocks or pellets. Along with the beeswax, a type of resin must also be acquired. Many prefer damar resin for its superior checking and hold, making it a popular choice for encaustic painting.
- After this, an artist needs to worry about pigments. Using wax oil painting resin, these pigments keep their original colors for a long time. As encaustic painting requires high temperatures, a heat gun is also necessary. This tool should have adjustable temperatures, ensuring precise heat levels.
- Lastly, other supplies such as a palette knife, chip brushes, paper towels, and a waxboard are also necessary for the process.
In conclusion, encaustic painting is a centuries-old technique that is worth revisiting. To complete this task successfully, an artist needs to make sure they have the right materials, including beeswax, damar resin, pigments, heatgun, palette knife, chipbrush, paper towels, and a waxboard. With the right supplies, even a novice can create beautiful encaustic art pieces.
Troubleshooting Common Encaustic Painting Problems
Encaustic painting is a unique art form, but it can be difficult to achieve desired results when problems occur. Fortunately, most common encaustic painting problems can be solved with some troubleshooting and creative problem solving. The following are some of the common encaustic painting problems and how to solve them.
- One problem which can occur is the wax drying too quickly. To fix this issue, the artist can try increasing the temperature of the work area, avoid direct sunlight, and use an encaustic medium which will act as an extender and make the wax dry slower. Another common issue is the wax not adhering properly. This issue is usually linked to some sort of contamination, such as dust or water droplets. In order to solve this problem, the artist should use a solvent, such as mineral spirits, to remove the contamination and then reapply the wax.
- Sometimes when painting with encaustic the wax can become too hot, leading to drooping and cracking. The best way to avoid this problem is to reheat the wax in intervals and not leave it heating for too long. Additionally, artists should let the wax cool and become solid before attempting to add any additional wax. Following these steps should help the artist achieve the desired results with their encaustic painting.
Overall, there are a variety of troubleshooting solutions to common encaustic painting problems. With practice, experimentation, and patience, an artist can overcome any challenge they encounter while using this fascinating art medium.
Tips for Improving Your Encaustic Painting Skills
Encaustic painting is a unique art technique that has resulted in some truly stunning works of art. In order to improve your skills in encaustic painting, there are a few tips that can help you achieve the best results.
- Firstly, it is important to make sure that you have the right materials on hand. Investing in quality waxes and pigments, as well as tools such as blow torches and heat guns, will make a big difference in the quality of your final piece.
- Secondly, practice is key to mastering any art form, so be sure to set aside some time to just practice different techniques and look at examples of others’ encaustic art.
- Finally, try to take your time and really explore the possibilities of the medium. Experiment with different forms of wax, layering, painting, and relief techniques to discover how to create something that expresses your true artistic vision.
Overall, practicing encaustic painting can be a very rewarding creative experience. With the proper materials, dedication to practice, and exploration of the medium, anyone can develop their skills to create an amazing work of art.
Good luck, and happy painting!