Are you looking to learn the basics, or perhaps expand your knowledge, of en plein-air painting? If so, you've come to the right place! With the wealth of YouTube channels dedicated to teaching painting, art, how to paint, and more, you'll have plenty of choices. In this article, we'll share with you the top YouTube channels that will help you learn more about en plein-air painting, oil painting, watercolor, drawing, and tutorials. If you're serious about learning more about en plein-air painting, then we invite you to read on to discover the best YouTube channels the internet has to offer.
Learning Plein Air
The Learning Plein Air YouTube channel is an invaluable resource for those looking to engage with the art form of painting outdoors, or en plein-air. It provides tutorials and insights on impressionism, pleinairoilpainting, pleinairsetup, landscapeoilpainting, oilpainting, outdoorpainting, and even beginnerspleinair. Whether you are an experienced artist or just now starting to take up the brush, it is definitely worth the watch.
Michael Chamberlain's YouTube channel, ChamberlainPaintings, is dedicated to art and painting. He specializes in en plein-air painting, alla prima oil painting and plein air painting. Most of his videos are tutorials, featuring an in-depth look at all aspects of the painting process. He is based in California and has gained a large following of art enthusiasts from around the world. Michael Chamberlain is not only an artist, but also an excellent teacher of art. He is dedicated to inspiring viewers with his art and videos.
Shahanoor Mamun's YouTube channel is devoted to showcasing the beauty of en plein-air painting and watercolor art. Whether you are a beginner looking to learn the basics of watercolor painting, or an experienced painter interested in watercolor tutorials and outdoor painting, the channel features a range of topics and projects from still life watercolor painting to plein air watercolor painting. With creative and instructional art videos to guide viewers, this channel is a great resource for anyone interested in developing their watercolor art skills.
Paint and Draw with Tom
Paint and Draw with Tom is a fun and creative YouTube channel that features art videos, painting demos, painting tutorials, and painting videos by artist Tom. He showcases his landscape painting skills and demonstrates how to use van Gogh techniques to learn to paint. His channel provides an enjoyable and educational environment for all levels of painters. Whether you are just starting out or an experienced painter, Tom's videos will inspire and motivate. Come explore his en plein-air painting journey and learn how to paint along with him. Enjoy!
Clare Bowen Artist
Clare Bowen Artist is a YouTube channel for art enthusiasts of all levels. She specializes in en plein-air painting, providing oilpainter demonstrations and tutorials featuring the beautiful Cornish landscapes. With a focus on pleinair art, Clare's channel will provide viewers with an amazing artistic experience.
Samuel Earp Artist
Samuel Earp Artist's YouTube channel provides tutorials, advice, and demonstrations of en plein-air painting techniques, as well as extensive art lessons and instruction in a variety of painting styles including fineart painting, oilpainting, landscapes, seascape, and landscapeart. The channel is aimed at beginner and intermediate-level painters, offering advice and tips on howtopaint seascapes and landscapes.
Andrew Barrowman Art
The Andrew Barrowman Art YouTube channel is the perfect place to learn the fine art of en plein-air painting using oil on canvas and board, alla prima techniques, and graphite drawings. Andrew Barrowman is an experienced oil painter who has mastered the craft of capturing breathtaking outdoor scenes with his signature style. Follow his channel for tutorials and helpful tips on plein air painting!
Lena Rivo's YouTube channel features a variety of painting tutorials and demonstrations all about en plein-air painting, alla prima, still life, plein air, and gouache. From landscapes to still lifes, Lena is sure to provide an engaging and informative tutorial that will help viewers develop their painting skills.
Juan Bosco's YouTube channel is a valuable resource for those interested in art, with content focused on en plein-air painting, coastal exploring, and how to paint and draw with watercolor. Juan Bosco is an experienced artist, sharing tips, demonstrations, and tutorials for creating beautiful and unique watercolor art. Enjoy the inspiring works of art as Juan Bosco takes viewers on his coastal and plein air painting adventures.
ScottRuthvenFineArt is an YouTube channel featuring painting demonstrations and how-to videos focusing on en plein-air painting and oil painting from renowned artist Richard Schmid. The channel also contains art tutorials with various tips and techniques as well as original oil paintings. It is an excellent platform for those interested in learning more about the art of painting.
Danny Sabra Art
Danny Sabra Art is a popular YouTube channel run by self-taught artist Danny Sabra that focuses on en plein-air and plein air painting using various media, such as oil, gouache, and watercolor painting. Danny's channel provides beginner painting tutorials and covers topics such as color theory. It is an excellent resource for anyone looking to learn the basics of en plein air painting.
Understanding the Basics of En Plein-Air Painting
En Plein-Air painting is an art form that has been around for centuries. It involves painting outdoors from nature, without the aid of photographs or digital printing technology. By capturing natural light, colors, and shapes, En Plein-Air painters create vivid works of art that represent a moment in time. To understand the basics of En Plein-Air painting, it's important to know the basics of outdoor painting.
- The first step in En Plein-Air painting is to choose the right setting. The artist should select a location with enough light and interesting aspects to capture. It's helpful to have an outdoor easel that can be used to help position the canvas in order to fully take advantage of the angle of the sun or the natural tones of the landscape. Once the positioning is done, the next step is to choose the right paints for the artwork. It's important to select quality paints that are designed for outdoor use, as this will help ensure the artwork's durability and vibrancy.
- Finally, it's time to start painting! While outdoor painting can be a relaxing activity, it's important to remember that the colors and energy of the scene can change quickly. The artist should work quickly to capture the beauty of the moment, yet maintain focus to create a high-quality work of art. With proper practice and time, anyone can create stunning pieces of En Plein-Air art.
Taking the time to understand the basics will help artists get the most out of their outdoor painting experiences.
Essential Materials for the En Plein-Air Painting Process
En plein-air painting is a type of landscape painting that is done outdoors, rather than indoors in a studio. Plein-air painting allows artists to capture the true essence of the landscape and gives them a unique perspective to paint. To successfully carry out the en plein-air painting process, one needs to have the right materials at hand which include drawing boards, packaging tape, pencils, brushes, and a variety of paint colors.
- When beginning the en plein-air painting process, it is essential to have a good-quality drawing board. The board should be rugged but lightweight so that it can be easily transported outdoors. Try to look for drawing boards with an attachable handle so you can carry it with ease. Also, make sure to tape down your paper with packaging tape to secure it to the board. This tape will ensure that the paper does not move during the painting process.
- Brushes of various sizes will be necessary during your painting process. Round brushes are the most commonly used brush for en plein-air painting, and they come in a variety of sizes to accommodate different levels of detail. Additionally, sable and nylon hair brushes give you finer control over the paint. Don't forget the pencils, as they are great for sketching and marking out the composition of the painting before you start working with the paints. Lastly, choose a variety of colors to truly capture the vibrancy and nuance of the landscape. Get an oil paint set that has bright and muted colors to give your painting a realistic and vibrant look.
En Plein-air painting can be a huge adventure to any artistic enthusiast, and having the right equipment and materials is incredibly important for success. Keep the essentials mentioned above on hand and you will be well on your way to creating some beautiful pieces that capture the essence of nature.
Finishing Touches to Elevate Your En Plein-Air Painting Project
En Plein air painting is a great way to get outdoors and appreciate the beauty of nature. But with the right finishing touches, you can take your project to the next level. These tips can give you the tools to craft a piece of art that will turn heads and make a lasting impression.
- To get started, think about what materials you’ll need to complete the painting. It’s best to use high-quality materials that are designed for outdoor use, such as heavy-duty canvas, archival-grade paints, and a waterproof sealant. This will ensure your work lasts for years to come. Quality brushes and paint palettes that are specifically designed for landscapes are also essential for a successful project.
- Finishing touches should be completed carefully, as the environment can affect the piece. When it comes to detail work, use a thin brush and make sure to lightly wash it between colors. For a polished look, you can also add a few layers of varnish to seal your work in and protect it from weather damage. With these finishing touches, you'll be able to bring your en plein-air painting to life and create a dynamic work of art that's sure to impress.
- Your en plein-air painting project doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable and successful. With the right materials and finishing touches, you can create a piece of art that reflects your unique style and the beauty of nature. Be sure to take your time and enjoy the creative process. Good luck!
In the end, you will have completed a beautiful painting that expresses your personal style and can be showcased in your home with pride. By following these simple tips to perfect your finishing touches, you can easily elevate your En Plein-air painting project.
Have fun creating!