If you're a fan of hip hop music, then you know that there are many different subgenres within the genre. One of these subgenres is conscious hip hop. Conscious hip hop is defined as rap music that contains socially and politically aware lyrics. This type of hip hop often has a message that is meant to empower and uplift its listeners.
There are many great conscious hip hop artists out there, but it can be tough to find them among all of the other rappers out there. If you're looking for the best conscious hip hop channels on YouTube, then look no further! In this article, we'll share with you our top picks for the best YouTube channels for conscious hip hop.
Conscious hip hop music: Top Youtube Channels
Complex is a leading multimedia brand that covers all aspects of popular culture, including conscious hip hop music, in particular. It is based in New York in the United States and offers a wide range of content across various mediums, including Complex TV, Complex Magazine, and Complex Con. Complex is also well-known for its coverage of the latest sneaker fashion and culture.
DeprogramedEnlightener is a YouTube channel that features conscious hip hop music from talented artists like Kahan Tazadaq Shah, TDoc Recordings, Kevin Samuels and Hasan Campbell. The channel also provides educational content on topics like Alpha Male Strategies, Sub Zero DVD Legend, and Secured Party Creditor. Hip-hop fans can find plenty of fresh content on this channel!
Dead End Hip Hop
Dead End Hip Hop (DEHH) is a conscious hip hop music channel hosted by Myke C-Town, part of the Modest Media network. The channel reviews hip hop music, and albums, and provides ratings. DEHH offers in depth album reviews and discussions and is dedicated to promoting quality hip hop from all around the world.
The AwakenYaMind YouTube channel is a perfect place to find conscious hip hop music. The videos on the channel are all about helping people to awaken their minds and expand their consciousness. If you're looking for music that will inspire you to think deeply and challenge your perceptions, then this is the channel for you.
Seth Davis, or Soryn as he is known on YouTube, is a self-proclaimed conscious hip hop artist and YouTuber. He often smokes while talking in his videos, which cover topics such as conspiracy theories and rap music. His channel has amassed over a hundred thousand subscribers, and his videos have been viewed millions of times.
Seth's unique style and approach to discussing hip hop and conspiracy theories have gained him a loyal following among YouTube viewers. His down-to-earth attitude and willingness to engage with his viewers have also made him popular
Doz Beats is a YouTube channel that specializes in producing conscious hip hop music from the 90s old school to dark underground, boom-bap type beats. His unique, dark beats have unrivaled energy and mood, creating the perfect backdrop for rap lyrics that pack a punch. If you're looking for high-quality, 90s old-school to dark underground hip hop beats and type beats, Doz Beats has it all.
Will Hatton's YouTube channel covers a combination of conscious hip hop music, beat making tutorials, and lofi music. His main project is 'Hush Child', a collaborative artist, which features lofi beats and hip hop music created by Will himself. He also posts videos of tutorials, explaining how to create and make beats and other hip hop related content. Additionally, Will Hatton provides a selection of tracks on music streaming services.
Genius HipHop is a YouTube channel that focuses on conscious hip hop music. They have top 5 and top 10 lists of the best conscious rap songs, as well as positive rap and protest rap songs. They also feature underground rap and underground hip-hop music. Rap genius Killah priest is also featured on the channel.
SteveSpiffler's YouTube channel is a place for conscious hip hop music, featuring the talents of renowned artist Skitzo Steve. Here, you can find the latest music video releases and exclusive performances. Experience all the energy of this artist's art, with the hard-hitting lyrics and energizing beats.
How Hip Hop Music Allows Us to Hear Different Perspectives
Hip hop music has allowed us to open our hearts and minds to perspectives that were often not heard before its birth. Hip hop speaks to a variety of experiences, from the struggles of the inner city to the luxury of the high-end lifestyle. Through its lyrical content and unrelenting cadence, hip hop conveys the realities of life and serves as a platform for both conscious and raw expression.
- The power of hip hop is the art of storytelling. From the script-like metaphors to barebones melodies, hip hop moves us ever closer to the artist’s intention. Each line or rhyme conveys an expression that unites different groups of people and allows them to understand each other on a deeper level through the blending of their stories on one track. Hip hop has connected communities throughout the world, and it has been said to have changed the lives of many with its potency and clarity.
- Hip hop has long held a special place in the music industry because of its ability to bring forth powerful messages without disregarding its entertainment value. Artists across genres have integrated hip hop into their music, and many of them have used the sound to offer their own take on social, political, and cultural issues. Hip hop music allows us to appreciate a more diverse range of perspectives, often presenting us with opportunities to embrace new ways of thinking. Thus, it is clear that hip hop music has been able to unify us and allow us to gain unique insight into different societies and cultures.
All in all, hip hop music has allowed us to understand different perspectives and gain insight into different societies and cultures. With its ability to bring forth powerful messages while still remaining entertaining, hip hop has managed to unify groups of people from around the world and create a more inclusive atmosphere with its messages. Through its lyrical and rhythmic force, hip hop continues to move our hearts and minds each day. Via its many intersectional stories, hip hop has afforded us the enormous privilege of hearing multiple perspectives, fostering the notion that our differences are to be celebrated rather than dismissed.
The Significance of Conscious Hip Hop Music
The growth of conscious hip hop music has been instrumental in spreading messages of positivity and encouragement to many people around the world. This type of music has become increasingly popular in recent years as a way for people to gain a better understanding of contemporary social issues. By addressing politics, social justice, and self-improvement, conscious hip hop music helps listeners to become more aware of these topics, as well as to become more socially conscious.
- Conscious hip hop music also has the power to influence people to create positive change within their communities. It helps to bring important issues to the forefront of people’s minds and can be instrumental in inspiring people to take a stand and fight for what they believe in. Many times, conscious hip hop lyrics express feelings and emotions that people can relate to, creating a bridge between people, even those of different backgrounds.
- Finally, the presence of conscious hip hop music can have a strong positive impact on the listener's mental health. The uplifting messages of the music can serve as an emotional outlet and can be therapeutic in times of distress. The music also provides hope and encouragement, being a source of comfort to those who listen. As a result, conscious hip hop music has become an important part of many people’s lives. It is not only a great way to express one’s thoughts, but it can also help to foster a sense of social awareness and activism.
A Look at the Pioneers Who Started It All in Conscious Hip Hop
When talking about conscious Hip Hop, it is impossible to go without mentioning those who paved the way and made it what it is today.
- The most noted conscious Hip Hop pioneer is of course the late and great Tupac Shakur. From the first track of his debut album, Tupac was already pushing the boundaries of lyrical content in Hip Hop and challenging his listeners. His bold rhymes and political content has since gone on to shape vast swathes of modern Hip Hop artists, including conscious rapppers. Aside from Tupac, Public Enemy have also have played a huge role in propelling conscious Hip Hop. Their politically charged tracks like Fight the Power spoke to the realities of life for black Americans, and have been cited as a huge influence by artists from Jay-Z to Kendrick Lamar.
- We can also look to the likes of A Tribe Called Quest and Black Star for further inspiration. Established in the late 1980s, both acts rapped about a range of topics, from socio-politics to their own perspectives on life. All these and more provided the foundations of what conscious Hip Hop is today, and showed young Hip Hop fans and artists alike that real talk rap can a powerful form of expression. With this in mind, it's clear to see the power these pioneers have had and how they've come to shape the conscious Hip Hop scene. Even today, their influence can be felt in the music and culture of the genre, showing just how important their contributions were to the scene. Now those of us on the outside can sit back and appreciate the contributions of those who started it all.