If you're a shooting enthusiast interested in discovering the best YouTube channels about clay pigeon shooting, shotgun shooting, hunting, rifle shooting, and more, then you've come to the right place. Whether you're just starting out or haven't shot since childhood, it helps to have guidance and support so you can practice safely and grow as a shooter. Below, we've rounded up the top YouTube channels that cover clay shooting, sporting clays, trap shooting, and other related topics in the shooting world. Read on to explore the best channels that have plenty of informative videos and helpful tips to help you become the sharpest shooter around.
Clay pigeon shooting: Top Youtube Channels
TGS Outdoors is a YouTube channel focusing on clay pigeon shooting with an emphasis on British guns, hosted by Jonny Carter (aka Jonny TGS). They review a wide variety of firearms and other shooting-related equipment, from fine guns to the latest models and advances in clay pigeon shooting technology. If you're looking for information on the best gear for your shooting needs, TGS Outdoors is a great place to start.
TSC - The Shooting Channel
The Shooting Channel (TSC) is a YouTube channel providing high-quality instructional videos on clay pigeon shooting, sporting clays, and gun selection, as well as industry news and shooting tips. It is well known for its varied content on getting better at shooting and clay shooting TV. The channel is a great source for shooters of all skill levels to learn more about clay pigeon shooting and help hone shooting technique.
Ben Husthwaite's YouTube channel is all about clay pigeon shooting for leisure and practice. He shares his journey and lifestyle through videos that showcase his hobby of clay shooting. From equipment reviews to tips for clay shooting, Ben's channel is a great resource for anyone passionate about clay pigeon shooting.
Go Shooting is a YouTube channel focusing on clay target shooting; they share advice and tips on subjects such as clay pigeon shooting, shotgun shooting, sporting clays, and more. Led by Russell and Lauryn Mark, they provide practical ways to improve your shooting skills, from dominant eye techniques to gun fit. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned shooter, Go Shooting brings the fun and excitement of clay shooting to everyone.
The Equipment Needed for Clay Pigeon Shooting
Clay pigeon shooting is an exhilarating sport that has been around since at least the late 1800s. It carries with it an element of skill that comes from the challenge of aiming and shooting at the disc shaped clay target, known as a “pigeon” that is released from a trap. But in order to engage in the sport of clay pigeon shooting, the right equipment is needed.
- The most essential tool for clay shooting is the firearm. For shotguns, a 12 gauge is most commonly used and many will opt for an over and under. But there are other firearms available, such as a 20 gauge and a .410 bore which are used for smaller targets. It's important to be familiar with your gun and its handling so you can accurately and safely hit the targets. Protective shooting glasses and a quality ear protector should also be worn to prevent injury from the blast of the gun.
- In addition to the firearm, you will also need clay pigeon traps. The trap will throw the clay pigeon in the air and you can adjust the angle and speed at which the clay pigeon is thrown in different directions. You should also consider purchasing a load of clays that correspond with the gauge gun you are using so you are able to practice and enjoy the sport in its entirety.
- Lastly, you will need an appropriate shooting spot, with open tracts of land, where there are no hazards nearby and you're able to shoot safely.
To conclude, clay pigeon shooting is a thrilling sport that can be great fun to engage in. But to get the most out of the sport it is essential to be properly equipped with a suitable firearm, protective eyewear and earwear, a clay pigeon trap, and an appropriate shooting spot. Once you have all the necessary equipment, you're ready to practice and become a master at the sport of clay pigeon shooting!
Safety Precautions for Clay Pigeon Shooting
Clay pigeon shooting is a sport that has been around for many years and has become increasingly popular for recreational purposes as well as competitions. As with any activity, safety is the primary concern, and clay pigeon shooting is no exception. When enjoying this type of recreational shooting, here are a few safety precautions to keep in mind.
- It is important to make sure that the equipment that is being used is in proper working order. All pieces should be checked before and after use for any signs of wear that could cause potential issues. Also, the position of the shooter should be set up in such a way that the shooter has an unobstructed view of the area and due regard is taken for the location of other people. No one should stand closer than 50 meters from the trap.
- It is important to be mindful of the surrounding area as well, and make sure that other people and buildings won't be in danger during shooting. The clay should never be shot from a raised position, and anyone chosen to operate the trap stand must be over the age of eighteen. Additionally, everyone that is participating should wear safety goggles and hearing protection.
By following these simple safety precautions, you can ensure a fun and safe day of clay pigeon shooting.
Strategies for Winning Clay Pigeon Shooting Contests
Clay pigeon shooting is an exciting recreational activity that can also be a way to develop your competitive skills. Participating in a clay pigeon shooting contest can be a fun and rewarding experience but winning one requires skill, practice, and knowledge of some strategies.
- It is important to familiarize yourself with the rules and the overall format of the clay pigeon shooting contest. Understand the parameters of the competition and practice with similar conditions beforehand to make sure you are comfortable enough with your skill set and equipment to compete successfully.
- Additionally, research the other competitors. Knowing the level of skill and experience they bring to the competition can help you to identify weaknesses in your own game and refine your strategies to guarantee a better chance at winning.
- Finally, ensure you have the most important factor for winning any clay pigeon shooting contest- focus. Keep a cool head and focus on the shot but also take in the entirety of the field of play. Don’t forget to use your peripheral vision to monitor the situation around you and be prepared to take each shot quickly and accurately.
In summary, winning a clay pigeon shooting contest requires skill and practice, knowledge of rules and opponents, and strong focus. By investing the necessary effort, you can increase your chances of victory the next time you enter a contest.