Are you looking for great YouTube channels related to Buddhist, Buddhism, meditation, education, Buddha, Buddhist, real intention, history, philosophy, and news? Look no further! In this article, we have collected some of the best YouTube channels that focus on these topics. Whether you're interested in learning more about Buddhist philosophy, discovering the history of Buddha, or just want to listen to interesting news and stories related to these topics, these YouTube channels have something for everyone. So, read on to find out which channels you should subscribe to.
Buddhist: Top Youtube Channels
THE BUDDHIST CHEF
The Buddhist Chef is a YouTube cooking show dedicated to providing tasty, healthy, vegan and vegetarian meals that are gluten-free. Viewers can learn simple yet delicious recipes following Buddhist principles as they are guided by The Buddhist Chef's knack for flavourful and nutritious cooking. Wake up your taste buds with a variety of vegan and vegetarian recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
Buddhagyan Ashram is a YouTube channel dedicated to Buddhism and spreading its teachings. It is led by Bhante Gyanananand, the head monk at Mahamevnawa India. The channel shares content from Buddha Gyan Ashram and Buddha Rashmi's Sunday Dhamma School, a Sunday School for children and adults. Moreover, members of the channel also share teachings of the Buddha and Gyan to inspire a path towards enlightenment.
School of Tri Dao Monk
The School of Tri Dao Monk YouTube channel is an educational platform devoted to the teachings of Venerable Tri Dao Monk. This Buddhist monk offers guided meditation, teachings, and advice on how to attain enlightenment through the Buddhist path of Tri Dao. It is the perfect place to learn more about the spiritual aspect of Buddhism and how meditation can bring fulfillment and inner peace.
Nick Keomahavong's YouTube channel is devoted to exploring the life of a buddhist monk and how to apply buddhist principles to modern life. He shares advice on mental health, spiritual health and mental illness, seeking to bring the spiritual and practical lessons of buddhism to his viewers. His videos cover topics such as monk life, buddhism and how to improve one's spirituality.
Sam Siv's YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone looking to learn more about Buddhist philosophy and zen meditation. Starting from the basics of Buddhism, Sam covers topics like mindfulness, modern life, and the intersection between Buddhism and science. With a wide array of topics like Buddhist teachings, zen buddhism and buddhist meditation, viewers will have plenty to explore on this channel.
Doug's Dharma YouTube channel provides a secular dharma centered around early Buddhism, humanism, philosophy, and the deep teachings of Buddhism. Each video offers a unique perspective on the myriad topics of Buddhism, such as mindfulness and compassion. By understanding more deeply the context of the origins of Buddhism, viewers are able to take away more timeless wisdom to serve their lives.
Words of Wisdom
Words of Wisdom is a YouTube channel dedicated to exploring the teachings of Buddhism. It features quotes from the Buddha and new stories about his life and impact, as well as motivational and inspirational stories. Gautam Buddha is featured prominently, offering words of wisdom and providing a source of Buddhist-based motivation.
SGI-USA is a YouTube channel focused on the Buddhist teachings of SGI. They share real-life stories of people who have found true happiness and inner peace through the practice of Nam-Myoho-renge-kyo. The channel provides an inspiring perspective on Buddhas teachings and the benefits of embracing Buddhism. It also addresses social and global issues and equips viewers with the wisdom and resources to lead happier and healthier lives.
Zen Moon - Relaxing Meditation Music Videos
Zen Moon - Relaxing Meditation Music Videos is a YouTube channel dedicated to providing calming and peaceful buddhist music and Tibetan meditation music, as well as relaxation and zen music, buddha instrumental music, and buddhist instrumental music, to help relax and restore balance to body, mind and spirit. The channel also features calming music videos, providing a nourishing soundscape to help those seeking peace, harmony and tranquility, while deepening their mindfulness practice.
The Significance of Buddhism in Modern Life.
Buddhism has been around for centuries, but it has only recently become popular in the West. With the rise of mindfulness practices and a growing interest in Eastern philosophy, Buddhism has become more prevalent in modern life. Buddhism is more than just a religion, it is a way of living life with a peaceful and mindful attitude.
- Buddhism has incredible significance in modern life because it encourages us to reflect on our lives and better understand ourselves. It promotes self-awareness, compassion, and understanding of others. These are essential attributes that can help us navigate our way through life's challenges. Buddhism teaches us to take responsibility for our actions and practice self-discipline. It also provides guidance on how to live in harmony with others.
- When living life in accordance with Buddhist principles, we learn to manage our emotions, be honest and accountable, and practice love and tolerance. This can significantly benefit our relationships with family and friends, as well as our dealings with the wider world. Buddhism also offers insights into how to approach challenges in our lives and make decisions that are beneficial for us and those around us.
These principles can help us lead more fulfilling lives, free from stress and negativity. As such, Buddhism is of great significance to many people in the modern world.
Exploring Community Resources for Buddhist Practices
With the rise of digital and online platforms, it is becoming easier for people to access a variety of Buddhist practices from the comfort of their own homes. However, there are a host of resources that exist in the brick-and-mortar world that can further add to and supplement one's Buddhist practice. Exploring these resources, such as Buddhist centers, temples, and retreats can help to build a more robust and meaningful spiritual practice.
- Buddhist centers offer reliable and easy access to a wide range of Buddhist traditions and items. A vast majority of these centers are open to the public and offer both group programs and individual instruction. At these centers, one can find a wide range of books, scrolls, items and other related material, as well as helpful advice and guidance. Additionally, these centers often house a wide range of literature, audio-visual material, and artifacts advocating the teachings of various Buddhist traditions.
- Retreats also act as great resources when exploring Buddhist practices. These retreats can range from solitary in-home retreats to extended trips taken to a monastery. Generally, retreats are designed to create space outside of one's regular day-to-day, allowing for increased meditation and mindfulness practice. By going on a retreat, one can deepen their Buddhist practice by gaining exposure to new teachings, insights, and grounding beliefs.
Exploring community resources for Buddhist practices can be a great way to widen one's spiritual horizons. Centers and retreats alike offer a vast array of experiences and resources that can assist one in their journey of spiritual discovery. From reading material, to individual guidance and extended retreats, exploring community resources can help to bring Buddhism alive in meaningful and tangible ways.
The Power of Meditation and Mindfulness in Buddhist Traditions
Meditation and mindfulness has been a cornerstone of Buddhist beliefs and practices since its earliest days. Centered on the teachings of the Buddha, Gautama Siddartha, Buddhism’s core philosophy is to be mindful in an attempt to ultimately transcend suffering. Through meditating, which includes being aware of the present moment, individuals can connect with reality in a way that allows them to free themselves from the bonds of suffering. Those new to meditation can begin with simple exercises to establish a grounding in the practice.
- For Buddhists, meditation practice is essential to finding inner peace, understanding oneself, and de-stressing. It enables people to connect more deeply with their spiritual journey and allows them to experience it more deeply and make more progress. Focusing on staying present in the moment, Buddhists often use the practice of Vipassana, which is focused on self-awareness, to attempt to understand the true nature of reality. This form of meditation focuses on paying attention to thoughts, breathing, body sensations and emotions as they appear, with the aim of learning not to cling to any particular experience or state as permanent or forever.
- Part of the power of meditation and mindfulness in Buddhist traditions is its ability to help free individuals from unhelpful thought patterns and mental habits that maintain the mental suffering that many experience. Through mindful meditation on the present moment, Buddhists can observe their emotions and feelings with clarity and non-judgement. By being aware of how their mind works, it is possible to gain an understanding of the underlying causes of suffering, and follow the Buddhist path of achieving ultimate spiritual freedom and liberation. The key lies in learning to observe our emotions and mental states without getting attached to them. With consistent practice, it is possible to reach a deeper level of understanding and a greater connection with inner and outer reality.
Through meditating, Buddhists can find peace, quiet, and freedom from suffering and psychological troubles. Therefore, meditation and mindfulness is an essential tool in Buddhist traditions and should not be overlooked or underestimated.