Are you looking for the best YouTube channels to educate you on botany, plants, herbal medicine, property investments, and homeschooling? Look no further! In this article, we will be providing you with an informative list of YouTube channels that specialize in topics such as botany, herbal medicine, diversity, homeschooling, and tutorials. With each channel offering unique perspectives and knowledge, you will have plenty of quality content to choose from. Continue reading to discover the best YouTube channels for botany, herbal, education, plants, diversity, medicine, property investment, Singapore property, and homeschooling.
New York Botanical Garden
The New York Botanical Garden YouTube channel showcases stunning botanical content from the largest botanical garden in the US. Viewers can discover new and engaging content about botany, see events and activities from the world-renowned garden located in the heart of New York City, and explore the beauty of natural and botanical wonders.
Crime Pays But Botany Doesn't
Crime Pays But Botany Doesn't is a YouTube channel that focuses on lifestyle topics related to botany. It provides insight into the challenges and successes of cultivating and preserving different kinds of plants, as well as tips on starting or maintaining a garden. The channel seeks to demonstrate how, while crime may indeed pay, there is a great amount of satisfaction that comes with engaging with nature.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone interested in botany, conservation and plants. It explores Kew Gardens in London, from the spectacular flowers and trees to the history of the gardens and their role in the millennium. Learn more about the incredible world of botany and conservation with the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Info Biodiversity is a YouTube channel focused on exploring the world of botany, Ayurveda, and plant sciences. Its videos cover topics such as the taxonomic identification of wild plants, medicinal plants, food as medicine, and herbal remedies. Their mission is to share their knowledge of the intricate connections between plants, humans, and the environment. The channel also offers a unique opportunity to learn more about the exploration of plants and the traditional use of plant-based remedies.
Thomas J Elpel
Thomas J. Elpel's YouTube channel offers educational videos on primitive skills and environmental education, including botany, wilderness survival, stone age technology, stone masonry, building a dugout canoe, and the technique of Botany in a Day. His videos take place in the spectacular Jefferson River Valley.
EPO Srl - Estratti Piante Officinali
EPO Srl - Estratti Piante Officinali is a YouTube channel dedicated to sharing botanical knowledge related to medicinal plants. Through a variety of informative and entertaining videos, the channel aims to teach viewers about the many health benefits of various plants, thereby helping them to lead healthier lifestyle. The channel is a great source of information for anyone interested in botany and plant-based health solutions.
Exploring Different Types of Botany
Botany is a field of science focused on plant life, covering everything from biology and ecology to genetics and taxonomy. It also has a variety of subdisciplines, and each one focuses on different aspects of plant life. In this article, we’ll be exploring the different types of botany available today, so that you can get a better understanding of the wide range of topics this exciting field of science covers.
- One popular subfield of botany is plant pathology, which focuses on the investigation of plant diseases, the mechanisms behind their transmission, and the development of treatments and prevention plans. This type of botany looks at how certain diseases spread and affect plants, as well as evaluating the various control and prevention options for each one.
- Ceramology is another subfield of interest, and it involves the study of microscopic organisms, such as pollen, spores, and green algae. This type of botany aims to better understand how these microorganisms interact with the environment, their effects on plant health, and how to control their growth.
- Mycology, or the study of fungi, is another type of botany. This field looks at fungi such as mushrooms and molds, analyzing their structure, chemical properties, and genetic makeup. Mycology also includes the study of how fungi can be used to make food, drinks, and medicines.
- Other subfields of botany include plant physiology and ecology, which looks at the physical and chemical features of plants, as well as their relationships with the environment.
- Finally, there is botanical art, which uses a combination of drawing, painting, and photography to depict plants in a variety of ways.
By exploring all these different types of botany, you can get a better idea of the fascinating world of plant science.
Commonly Used Techniques in Botany Research
Botany research encompasses the study of plant life and its parts. Moreover, different techniques are implemented in order to explore the plant’s morphology, physiology, anatomy, environment, genetics, and classification. Some of the commonly used techniques in botany research include genetic engineering, cell culture, and tissue culture.
- Genetic engineering is used to create genetically modified plants through combining the genetic material from more than one organism. This technique is employed to modify desired characteristics of the plant such as growth rate, health and resistance to pests.
- Cell culture technique helps researchers to study plant cells from the laboratory under controlled conditions. This technique is useful in production of high-value compounds, studying the effects of toxins, and learning about the structure and regulation of metabolism.
- Tissue culture technique is used to produce plants having identical characteristics, clone plants or modify desired characteristics in plants. It’s mainly employed to conduct nutritional, physiological and biochemical research on isolated tissue. This technique is also used in the production of plants with favorable characteristics such as higher growth rate, pesticide resistance or better quality.
Therefore, genetic engineering, cell culture and tissue culture are some of the commonly used techniques in botany research. Researchers implement these techniques to study different parts of the plants and to modify their properties. The results of the research in botany can be used to improve the quality of food, soil, and environment around us.
How to Identify Plants and Species with Botany
Botany is the scientific study of plants, which involves the identification and classification of species. Through this study, botanists seek to understand plant evolution, growth, and structure, as well as how plants interact with their environment. With all this information in hand, it’s easy to see why identifying plants and species is something any hobby gardener or naturalist should want to learn. Here’s how to get started:
- First, familiarize yourself with botanical resources that can be used to identify a plant or species. This may include any combination of guides, photographs, websites, illustrations, microfiche collections, herbarium specimens and the help of other qualified botanists. After you have located the most reliable resources, it’s time to get up close and personal and observe the details of the plant or species you are trying to identify. Try taking notes on things like its shape, size, colour, leaf details, and other distinguishing characteristics. Taking a photo can also be a great asset when trying to identify a plant or species.
- Once you have a good understanding of the characteristics, use the resources you have gathered to compare your findings and narrow down your options. If you’re still unsure, talk to another botanist or expert, or seek professional help from a botanist or herbarium. With this, the identification of plants and species can often be pretty straight forward. However, if you find yourself in a complex situation, fear not. With patience, practice and access to comprehensive resources, you will soon be able to identify most any plant or species you come across.
With the right botanical knowledge, you'll be well on your way to discovering the fascinating world of botany!