Are you an enthusiast of beekeeping and honeybees? Do you want to learn more about bee hive maintenance and be a beekeeper? If so, you've come to the right place. In this article, we'll discuss some of the best YouTube channels that offer quality and comprehensive information on beekeeping, honeybees, bee hive, honey, gardening, and homesteading. With our list, you'll find content that covers the basics and more advanced topics, making sure you have access to all the resources and information you need for beekeeping success. Read on to get started and find the best beekeeping YouTube channels!
The Sideline Beekeeper-Craig Branch
The Sideline Beekeeper-Craig Branch YouTube channel is a great place to learn about beekeeping from a commercial beekeeping perspective as well as from a backyard beekeeper's perspective. Craig shares his experience and insight on bee colony management, beekeeping basics, beekeeping equipment, honeybees, creating and maintaining beehives, and more. He shows you how to get the most out of your beekeeping hobby or business, and gives tips to help you succeed in your apiary.
Central Beekeepers Supply
Central Beekeepers Supply is a YouTube channel dedicated to providing an array of professional beekeeping techniques, supplies, and knowledge. Through their videos, viewers can learn about how to properly keep honey bees, buy beekeeper supplies, build a bee hive, and even find bees for sale. The channel is perfect for beginning beekeepers, as they also offer videos on beekeeping basics and tips, helping viewers successfully start their journey into raising honey bees.
David Burns' YouTube channel is a great resource for beekeepers of all levels. He covers topics ranging from honey bee biology and beekeeping classes to how to start beekeeping, make honey and use the Burns Feeding System and Winter Bee Kind devices. His channel is a great place to learn from an experienced beekeeper.
BARNYARD BEES is a YouTube channel where experienced beekeepers share advice, information, and videos about beekeeping topics such as how to raise queens, splitting bees, raising honey bees, and more. All videos cover tips on how to care for and maintain honey bees in a gentle, natural way. The channel offers Beekeeping 101 tutorials, as well as information about selecting the right bee hive and more. Follow BARNYARD BEES to learn all about beekeeping and raising honey bees with ease.
The 628DirtRooster Bees YouTube channel is a resource for anyone interested in learning more about beekeeping. With content ranging from how to start beekeeping, to bee hives and honey bee care and bee removal, to making and extracting honey, this channel is a helpful guide for budding beekeepers and for those looking to help save the bees.
Frederick Dunn's YouTube channel features informative and educational videos about beekeeping and honey bees. He covers topics such as Flow Hive, Langstroth Hive, Horizontal Hive, and more, providing viewers with knowledge on the best ways to keep bees and manage hives. His channel, The Way to Bee, encourages people to care for bees and learn more about this fascinating activity.
Jerome Bee Farm & Homestead
Jerome Bee Farm & Homestead is a YouTube channel all about the joys of beekeeping. They cover topics such as swarm capture, queen bee management, and the harvesting of raw and organic honey. Additionally, they demonstrate practical projects like solar powered chicken coops, off-grid barns, raised bed gardening, and clearing brush. It's an up-close look at the exciting world of beekeeping!
The Honeystead YouTube channel is a great resource for those interested in beekeeping, homesteading, gardening, woodworking, herbalism, and all things related to the honey bee. Featuring topics such as caring for a honey bee colony and how to be a responsible apiarist, as well as in-depth looks into related topics such as gardening, herbalism, and more, this channel is a one-stop-shop for all of your beekeeping and homesteading questions.
Bug Farmer is a YouTube channel dedicated to beekeeping, flow hive, and backyard beekeeping. The channel focuses on sustainable landscape and offers comprehensive tutorials on how to feed bees, beekeeping 101, learning beekeeping, and becoming a beekeeper. It also provides helpful advice to help viewers build an apiary.
Vino Farm is a YouTube channel focusing on the intersection of beekeeping, grape growing, home renovation, and homesteading in a picturesque New England setting. They use organic growing techniques, share DIY projects and provide insight into the fascinating world of honey bees. It is a must-watch for those looking to learn something new and explore the unique world of beekeeping and grape growing.
Mellifera e. V.
Mellifera e. V. is a YouTube channel dedicated to beekeeping and sustainable bee conservation. It features tutorials, interviews with experienced beekeepers, and insights into the world of bees such as natural habitats and naturalist beekeeping. Topics discussed range from Warré and Top Bar Hive (TBH) beekeeping, to setting up and maintaining a city bees project and maintaining a bienenkiste. With Mellifera e. V.'s informative and inspiring content, people can learn more about the fascinating natural world of bees.
Inside The Hive TV
Inside The Hive TV is a YouTube channel focused on beekeeping and the honey bee, Apis mellifera. It covers topics ranging from bal arısı (honeybee) behavior and biology to scientific research, commercial beekeeping, and varroa mite control. Through videos and live broadcasts, Inside The Hive TV serves as a comprehensive honey bee channel providing educational, entertaining, and helpful content for beekeepers of all levels.
The Flow Hive YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone interested in beekeeping, as it covers topics such as how the revolutionary Flow Hive system can be used in beekeeping and the different ways to maximize honey flow with the system. It's an informative and educational channel with insights into best practices for beekeeping, honey harvesting, and more.
Butts Bees LLC
Butts Bees LLC's YouTube channel provides comprehensive and user-friendly resources for novice and experienced beekeepers. Their instructional videos cover topics from beekeeping 101 and queen rearing to treatment-free bees and honeybee hives. They also offer beekeeping classes and focus on practical advice from an experienced woman beekeeper. It's the perfect spot for anyone looking to learn more about honey bees and how to keep them!
Brucesbees is a YouTube channel dedicated to beekeeping and honey bees, featuring live stream team beekeeping chats and entertaining content from sideliner beekeeper Beemanbruce. It provides educational videos and resources on beekeeping, bee hives and honey bees. The channel is an invaluable source of information for beekeepers and their interest in the craft.
Bob Binnie's YouTube channel focuses on beekeeping, with informative and detailed videos on everything from bee hive maintenance, to how to beekeeping, commercial beekeeping and migratory beekeeping. He also gives useful tips on honey processing and professional beekeeping. Watch Bob Binnie's videos for a comprehensive guide to bees and beekeeping.
Pure Yorkshire Honey
Doug the Bee Guy
Doug the Bee Guy is a YouTube channel that provides information through videos and tutorials on beekeeping, honey bees, beekeeping equipment, beekeeping books, beginning beekeeping, how to, harvesting honey, beekeeping tips, and beekeeping tools. The channel helps viewers learn more about beekeeping and offers valuable tips and tricks to help them get started. Newbee keepers can also find helpful advice from Doug the Bee Guy on his channel which includes step-by-step guides for building hives, managing colonies, and harvesting honey. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a beginner, the channel has something for everyone!
Could You Cook
The Could You Cook YouTube Channel is a great source for beekeeping, paddock to plate, catch and cook, and food from scratch tutorials. It offers DIY tutorials and how-to videos on cooking and gardening, as well as many paddock to plate tutorials and even how-to videos on planting and growing fruit trees. Everything you need to know on how to cook and garden can be found on this channel!
Creating a Safe Home for Your Bees
Having a home for your bees is a great way to keep them happy and healthy. It's important to have a safe environment for them to live in, and with a little planning and effort, you can create just that.
- When beekeeping, it's important to consider the safety of your bees. Make sure the location you choose has no potential predators or hazards that could put your bees in danger. If you’re keeping bees in an area close to other structures or residences, you should also consider making sure there will be no disturbances.
- You also need to provide your bees with shelter from the elements. A strong, well-built hive is a great option for sun, wind, rain, and snow protection. Additionally, using a screened bottom board can help keep out pests and reduce the chances of infestations. Finally, keeping your hive elevated off the ground can reduce the risk of damage from flooding.
By providing your bees with a safe home, you can ensure their well-being and help them to thrive. With a little extra planning, you can give your bees a comfortable place to call home.
Essential Beekeeping Equipment
Beekeeping is a rewarding and fascinating hobby, but you will want to make sure that you are properly equipped so that you can provide good care for your bees. There are several essential tools and pieces of equipment that all beekeepers should have in order to provide the best care for their bees.
- One of the most essential pieces of beekeeping equipment is a bee suit. A bee suit is made from materials that are designed to provide the beekeeper with protection from stings, such as ventilated fabric, mesh veils, zippers, and cuffs. This suit should always be worn when working with bees and will help you to stay safe.
- You will also need a hive tool for prying open hive boxes, as well as a smoker which can be used to keep the bees calm and prevent stinging. It is also important to have a bee brush in order to gently remove bees from the hive frames, a bee feeder and an uncapping knife for harvesting honey, and a hive stand to raise the hive off the ground.
With the right equipment, you can ensure that your bees are well taken care of.
The Future of Beekeeping and Bee Conservation
In recent years, the health of bee populations around the world has been of growing concern. Bee populations everywhere are in decline due to factors like climate change, habitat destruction, and rampant use of pesticides. As beekeepers and bee conservationists, it is our responsibility to ensure the future of bee populations for generations to come.
- Smaller beekeepers have traditionally been seen as a driving force for bee conservation, with beekeepers like Edwin Taylor leading the charge for better bee health and conservation practices. To ensure that beekeeping remains profitable, it is essential for beekeepers to prioritize bee conservation. Beekeepers should consider using organic, sustainable practices that help foster healthy bee colonies and support their longevity. Additionally, beekeepers should strive to conserve native bee species through practices such as planting native flowering plants and avoiding the use of unnecessary pesticides.
- Looking to the future, it is essential that we change the narrative surrounding beekeeping and conservation. It is possible to maintain a profitable business while still prioritizing sustainable practices and taking into account the needs of local ecosystems. As more people become aware of the plight of bees, it will become increasingly important for beekeepers to adopt a holistic, sustainable approach to beekeeping that focuses on both the economic health of their business and the conservation of bee species. By advocating for better bee health and conservation, we can ensure that bee populations are in good shape for many years to come.
With an increasing focus on the health of bee populations across the world, it is clear that the future of beekeeping and bee conservation is intertwined. By considering the needs of local ecosystems and advocating for sustainable practices, it is possible to have a profitable beekeeping business while also ensuring that bee populations remain healthy and intact for generations to come. By taking a holistic approach and raising awareness of the plight of bees, we can ensure a brighter future for beekeeping and bee conservation.