Are you an Australian camping enthusiast looking for an adventure that takes you off the beaten path? If you are, then you've come to the right place. Here, we will uncover the best YouTube channels that provide insights into camping, travel, 4x4, adventure, bushcraft, fishing, overlanding, and caravanning in Australia. Read on to find out more and get ready for your next big adventure!
Australian camping: Top Youtube Channels
Hipcamp is an Australian camping and outdoor recreation YouTube channel for exploring the great outdoors in Australia. From camping to hiking and from tents to caravans and RVs, Hipcamp features bush camping, off-grid camping, camping tips, and more. Enjoy nature with a strong focus on Australia's varied landscapes and cultures.
The 4WD Supacentre YouTube channel showcases the best of Australian camping, featuring adventure kings, kings gear, Kings camping, camping tents, and other essential camp gear, as well as camp trailer reviews. Whether you're looking for guidance on your next great outdoor adventure, 4WD Supacentre has something for everyone. With great advice and product reviews, it's easy to find the right gear for your next camping trip.
Go4x4 is an Australian-based YouTube channel dedicated to four wheel drive camping in Australia. They offer content on camping sound, camp kitchen, camping in australia, camping with dog, camping under rain and tent camping. They also feature Jeep Wrangler models and provide helpful advice on camping cooking and australian camping.
Chris Bamman's YouTube channel features adventure-filled activities set in the Australian Outback. From bushwalking to fishing and catching-and-cooking meals, he also goes on kayaking trips, dives and spears fish, and takes viewers on magnificent camping and hiking expeditions. His videos aim to bring the ASMR of the outdoors alive and to inspire the adventure-lovers among us!
Jack & Megan
Jack & Megan is an Australian couple who document their full time traveling adventures around Australia in their homemade troop carrier on their YouTube channel. With their popular vlogs, they document their journey, known as the Big Lap or Lap of Australia, and they take viewers along on their adventures with them. From camping in scenic areas to exploring the amazing sights of their beloved homeland, Jack & Megan's channel is an inspiring example of the possibilities of van life. Follow them on their journey at JM Exploring.
Wild Touring is an Australian YouTube channel that follows two overlanders on their journey around Australia in their Isuzu DMAX. They take viewers along as they explore the wilderness, go camping and 4x4 in some of the best locations Australia has to offer. They share their insights on overlanding and camper trailer camping, providing a great source of information for anyone interested in a big lap or camping around Australia.
Yatpool Yowies YouTube channel is a perfect way to explore the incredible beauty of the Australian outdoors. Follow the inspiring Australian adventurer, their camping and hiking adventures, their campfire cooking, and the family fun and nature adventure they experience in Murray River Camping and camping with their loyal dogs. Get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
JustCruisin with Mick & Sally
JustCruisin with Mick & Sally is an Australian-based YouTube channel that shows off their unique lifestyle and love of camping and tourism in Australia. From the outback to the coast, they share their experience travelling and camping in their vehicle, offering tips and insights along the way. Follow their channel for an Aussie-style adventure!
Adventuring Pals is an Australian YouTube channel showcasing family travel and the big lap around Australia. Parents Jessica and Chris explore the great outdoors, caravanning and van life with their children at the forefront. Follow their full time travelling adventures as they explore Australia with the kids.
Sarah and Keelan Travels
GUTD Grip is an Australian camping and off-roading YouTube channel based in Australia. Featuring 4WD travel in a Nissan Patrol and other Australian-based trips, GUTD Grip provides a glimpse into the world of outdoor adventure and remote camping locations. With exciting videos of gutsy and daring 4WD adventures, GUTD Grip takes viewers on an all-terrain tour of Australia.
Traveling Tiene's YouTube channel offers viewers a unique insight into camping and exploring the beautiful landscapes of Australia. Join Tiene as she takes you around the country, showcasing some of the country's most breathtaking nature while sharing tips on how to get the most out of your outdoor experience. From remote areas to bustling cities, Traveling Tiene's Australian camping journey promises to captivate your senses and give you unique memories to last a lifetime.
Ozzy Van Life
Ozzy Van Life is a YouTube channel run by an Australian camper who is living the van life fulltime. She documents her solo travels around Australia and offers helpful advice for others wanting to try out van life. She also offers tutorials for DIY van conversions and builds, and is a great resource for solo travelers looking to explore Australia. Her videos offer an insightful look into the life of a female solo traveler.
Jeremy Payne's YouTube channel is a great resource for anyone looking to learn landscape photography! It features videos of his own australian camping and landscape photography adventures, as well as tutorials on camera settings, adventure photography and outdoors photography. Follow along on his journey to discover the beauty of the Australian landscape through his landscape photography vlogs and learn along with him as he shares his tips and tricks for taking stunning photos.
Man & His Tarp
Man & His Tarp is an Australian YouTube channel dedicated to all things camping, tourism, lifestyle, and hobby related. Follow along on their journeys around Australia and watch as they explore the great outdoors and share their tips and tricks on camping, survival, and outdoor recreation. Join them as they learn, adventure, and create memories!
Tiffany Lawrence's YouTube channel offers viewers a unique Australian camping, vehicle and lifestyle experience. Watch as she travels around the country exploring its beautiful scenery, famous tourist landmarks and sharing her hobby passions with the world. Enjoy insight into the everyday of a travel-documenting Gold Coast resident and follow her as she unlocks the secrets to a successful and enjoyable adventurous lifestyle.
Salty Davenport is an Australian YouTube channel focused on camping, tourism, hobbies and lifestyle topics, as well as all things related to vehicles. Their content offers useful information on how to make camping trips enjoyable, beautiful destinations to explore, and reviews of the latest vehicle trends. It's a great channel for anyone who loves the outdoors and trying new things in life.
RNEventure is a YouTube channel based in Australia, showcasing the adventures of camping in beautiful locations. They feature videos on camping sound, camping cooking, four wheel drive, camp kitchen, camping with dog and tent camping, as well as camp fire and campfire cooking. It is the perfect resource for anyone wanting to plan their next Australian camping adventure!
Ed Philp's YouTube channel is full of content about Australian camping, bikepacking, and micro adventures. He shares his adventures in and around Sydney, as well as tips for camping and bushcraft from a sustainability and environmental perspective. Follow along for inspiring stories of his Australian adventures.
Nameless Riderz is an Australian YouTube channel created by two mates who are passionate about motorcycle camping trips and exploring the amazing outdoors of Australia. They post fun and exciting vlogs about their adventures, giving viewers an unique opportunity to experience what motorcycle camping in Australia is like. Follow the exploits of Nameless Riderz, and get ready to explore the amazing world of Australia with them!
Popular Camping Activities to Enjoy in Australia
Australia is renowned for its beautiful natural landscape, making it the perfect place for a camping holiday. There’s a myriad of camping activities to enjoy while out in the wilderness, and no matter whether you’re looking to relax or embark on an adventure, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- One of the most popular activities to take part in while camping in Australia is taking a hike and appreciating the stunning views around you. There’s an array of unique walking trails throughout the country, each offering their own unique challenges and views. If hiking isn’t your thing, there are also plenty of other land-based activities such as mountain biking, safari tours, and rock climbing.
- Water-based activities are abundant when camping in Australia, with kayaking being a particularly popular pastime. With its countless inlets and coastlines, Australia provides the perfect backdrop for kayaking, and whether you choose to stay close to shore or venture out onto the open ocean, you’ll be able to take in some truly breathtaking sights.
- Other popular activities include jet skiing, windsurfing, and fishing.
Whatever route you choose, you’re sure to have a fantastic and unforgettable outdoor experience.
Make Your Australian Campsite Comfortable Secure
When it comes to camping in Australia, there is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable and unsafe. But with the right preparations, you can make your next camping trip to Australia a much more enjoyable and secure one. Here are some tips on how to make your Australian campsite comfortable and secure:
- Firstly, make sure you choose the right campsite and check that it is fully equipped with all the safety requirements such as fire extinguishers and smoke detectors. Additionally, look for campsites that have secure fencing and those that are monitored by security personnel. This will help to ensure that your belongings and group are safe from any potential threats.
- Secondly, it is important to pack suitable clothing and equipment for the climate of the region. Australia, being such a vast continent, can experience a range of temperature fluctuations throughout the year. Ensure that you have the right clothing for both hot and cold climates, as well as appropriate camping gear to ensure a comfortable and safe stay.
- Finally, it is essential to be mindful of any local flora and fauna while on your Australian camping trip. There are a number of poisonous plants and dangerous animals in Australia, and it is important to take the necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Make sure you stay on marked trails and bring any necessary wildlife repellent to protect yourself and your group.
Nature Safety Tips for Australian Campers
Camping in Australia is a popular and exciting pastime, with a wealth of opportunities to explore the country’s spectacular natural scenery. However, it's important to be safety conscious when exploring the Outback, particularly if you’re going alone or with a group of friends. Here are 6 tips for staying safe in nature when camping in Australia.
- Firstly, be informed about the region you’re camping in by consulting with your local information centre or reading up on the area's indigenous animals, plants and weather conditions. It's important to be aware of potential environmental hazards to avoid putting yourself in danger.
- Next, carry the essential items to keep yourself safe when out in the bush. This includes a map and compass, first-aid kit, emergency food rations, and extra layers of clothing. Additionally, make sure your tent and equipment are in good condition, and always check the weather before setting off on your trip.
- Finally, never go camping without taking the proper precautions. This includes burying your rubbish, refraining from polluting water sources, and making sure all campfires are completely extinguished before moving on. Additionally, if you’ve pitched your tent for the night, don’t leave food and other attractants lying around, as this can attract wild animals and put you at risk.
By following these nature safety tips you can make the most of your Australian camping experience and stay safe in the outback. Always make sure to double check your plans and stay vigilant of your surroundings to make sure your camping trip stays fun and incident free.