Are you looking to be inspired and learn more about architectural photography? Whether you're a seasoned photographer looking to hone your skills, or just starting out in the photography world, YouTube is a wealth of knowledge. Explore the best YouTube channels to learn more about camera techniques, photoshop tips, lightroom tricks, and more. Read on to discover the top YouTube channels for architectural photography!
Architectural photography: Top Youtube Channels
AT Architectural Photography
AT Architectural Photography is a YouTube channel dedicated to teaching people about the hobby of architectural photography. The channel features content about lifestyle, technology, and the art of capturing amazing architecture. This channel is a great resource for those who are interested in learning more about the world of architectural photography.
Anthony Turnham's YouTube channel is devoted to providing viewers with tutorials and helpful information about architectural photography, photo editing and post processing. He shares tips on how to use post-production methods, photography editing techniques, and artificial intelligence tools such as Luminar AI to create stunning architectural shots. He also shares insights into the world of architecture photography.
Trent Bell Photography
Trent Bell Photography is a YouTube channel dedicated to architectural photography. They specialize in capturing architectural and urban spaces from Boston to Maine, as well as providing commercial photography and videography services. Additionally, they have a podcast covering topics such as architecture design and photography. Trent Bell Photography is the go-to source for East Coast architectural photography.
Kevin Siyuan's YouTube channel is a captivating showcase of architectural photography, capturing stunning scenes from Singapore and the rest of the world. He's also an experienced cinematographer, creating beautiful cinematic travel films to capture his japan travel and architectural photography ventures. Kevin's POV photography and street photography skills make his channel stand out, and viewers are still travelling with him as he continues to create stunning works of art.
Steven Brooke's YouTube channel features stunning architectural photography and videography, allowing viewers to explore the beauty of architecture and landscapes with amazing precision and colour balance. His videos also contain helpful tutorials on photographing architecture and photography tips, as well as tips on the use of Photoshop for architectural imagery. All of his videos aim to make your photography experience more confident and enjoyable.
Christopher Leggett Photography
The Christopher Leggett Photography YouTube channel is the perfect way to learn about the art of architectural photography as a hobby. The channel covers a range of topics from how to use different types of technology for photography, finding the perfect locations and angles to shoot, and sharing interesting lifestyle tips for photographers. There's something for everyone on this channel!
The Basic Techniques of Architectural Photography
Architectural photography is an art form of capturing the beauty of buildings and structures as they exist in the present day. It requires knowledge of the techniques used to create a dynamic effect, including the use of different angles, composition, and light and shadow play. We will discuss the basic techniques used by architectural photographers and how they can create stunning images.
- First, it is important to understand the importance of angles when photographing architecture. The correct angle can help to capture an overall view of the structure being photographed, as well as create interesting patterns in the lines and shadows of nearby structures. An experienced photographer will know how to work with the angle of the sun in order to bring out the most detail, such as window panels and cobbled walls.
- When composing a photo of a building, it is important for the photographer to determine where the main focal points should be, keeping in mind that the structure should be the star of the photo. A strong frame should be established, with interesting textures and surfaces included in the foreground and background. This provides the architecture with the spotlight that it deserves and creates a balanced composition. To ensure the best possible look, the photographer should use a wide lens to capture the entirety of the structure.
By understanding the importance of angles, composition, and light and shadow play, an architectural photographer can create truly stunning images that capture the beauty and strength of architecture. With some practice and experimentation, any photographer can learn the basic techniques of architectural photography and make masterful works of art.
Choosing the Right Camera Settings for Architectural Photography
Choosing the right camera settings for architectural photography can go a long way in capturing stunning photographs. As with any type of photography, lighting can play a big factor and shutter speed can determine whether you capture the desired shot. There are a few general guidelines to follow when shooting architecture.
- Firstly, use as slow of a shutter speed as possible. This will help to capture any movement in the scene and exaggerate the features of the architecture.
- Secondly, use manual exposure rather than aperture priority. This will allow you to control the depth of field more precisely and ensure sharpness in the details of the photograph.
- Last but not least, use a wide-angle lens. This is recommended for capturing expansive shots of cityscapes and landscapes, as well as interior shots of wide building interiors.
Ultimately, it is beneficial to experiment with different camera settings in order to get a feel for how they affect the image. With experience and practice, you will feel confident in selecting the right settings for the desired image every time. Keep in mind that the right camera settings paired with a creative eye, attention to detail, and proper post-processing techniques can produce amazing architectural photos.
Common Mistakes to Avoid for Architectural Photography
Architectural photography is a form of art that can be incredibly rewarding - however, it can also be challenging to get the best results. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when taking architectural photography so that you can capture stunning images.
- Firstly, it’s important to avoid shooting your architectural photographs near the middle of the day. This is when the light is often harsh and unflattering to the subject. Instead, try shooting at a time when the lighting is soft and the colors are vibrant. Additionally, when shooting up close details, make sure to take a few steps back if it’s possible. This will provide you with a more balanced composition and perspective of the structure.
- Finally, before taking any photograph, it’s important to take a few moments to observe the architecture. Take note of the angles, details, and lines that make the structure so interesting and beautiful. By doing this, you’ll be able to capture a photograph that accurately displays the structure from its very best angles. Having the right equipment is also beneficial, so be sure to invest in a wide-angle lens or neutral-density filter.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to get stunning architectural photographs that will surely be admired. So keep these common mistakes in mind when shooting architectural photography and you’ll be sure to produce a gallery of breathtaking pictures. Good luck!