Do you want to learn more about the history and beliefs of Anglicanism and the Catholic Church? Are you interested in finding YouTube channels that cover real-life stories about Jesus and Christianity? Then read on for the best channels about Anglican, Catholic, and Episcopal Christianity and Pope Francis. Here, you will find channels that provide in-depth information and offer unique insights that appeal to both the traditional Christian as well as the cutting-edge theologian. Keep reading to find the best YouTube channels to feed your faith.
Anglican: Top Youtube Channels
AnglicanTV Ministries is an official YouTube channel for people to witness the activities of the Anglican Communion. It provides videos of the Episcopal Church's worship services and resources such as Anglican Unscripted and Anglican Ink. Here viewers can also get insight into news topics such as Pope Francis, Roman Catholicism, President Trump, and Bernie Sanders through the lens of Anglican thought.
Truro Anglican Church
Truro Anglican Church is a vibrant Christian community in Fairfax VA passionate to spread the love of Jesus and the gospel of Christianity. They have a YouTube channel featuring Alpha USA programs, youth and student ministries, and community events. They strive to build disciples and help people come to know and follow Jesus.
Grace Anglican Gastonia
Grace Anglican Gastonia is a YouTube channel that focuses on the Anglican religious tradition. It provides interesting content about lifestyle, society, and faith, with occasional videos about relevant current topics. This channel is a resource for those interested in learning more about the Anglican Church.
All Saints Anglican Church
All Saints Anglican Church is a YouTube channel devoted to spreading the Christian gospel and celebrating the Anglican liturgy. Through videos featuring weekly sermons, communion, and other forms of liturgical worship, the All Saints Anglican Church channel offers viewers a window into the Anglicanism branch of Christianity.
St. Mary Magdalene Anglican Catholic Church
The St. Mary Magdalene Anglican Catholic Church YouTube channel is an online hub for religious publications, sermons, and updates on society and culture. It offers a unique perspective on the world and provides insight into the Anglican faith, giving viewers a personalized approach to their spiritual journey.
Anglican Diocese Auckland
The Anglican Diocese Auckland YouTube channel offers viewers an in-depth look into the Anglican religion and the role it plays in the lives of its adherents. Through its informative videos, viewers can gain knowledge on the different aspects of Anglican theology and how it has shaped society over the centuries. From religious events to social media reflections, this channel offers an insightful look into how Anglicanism continues to influence society today.
Maple Anglican is a YouTube channel dedicated to the Anglican faith and its practice in Canada. It features videos on topics related to Anglicanism, from Anglican theology to Anglican history and culture. The channel is dedicated to exploring and promoting the Canadian Anglican Church and its traditions.
Anglican TV in Zimbabwe (CPCA)
The Anglican TV in Zimbabwe (CPCA) YouTube channel is a place to explore the intersection of religion, music, and society from an Anglican Christian perspective. With rich and vibrant content, the channel offers music that celebrates and builds up the Anglican Christian community. Whether you're looking for a devotional song or an anthemic tune to get the heart and spirit going, Anglican TV in Zimbabwe (CPCA) offers a positive and uplifting collection of Christian tunes.
St. John's Anglican Church, Virginia Beach
St. John's Anglican Church, Virginia Beach is an Anglican Catholic Church that utilizes both Anglican and Orthodox practices to foster a traditional, yet dynamic, faith experience. It offers weekly services, videos, and other resources to help nurture an understanding of Anglican and Catholic values and beliefs.
St. Aidans - Nicholasville
St. Aidans - Nicholasville is an Anglican YouTube channel that features videos related to religious practices and society. It includes sermons, prayers, hymns and lectures on a broad range of topics in the Anglican tradition. It is a great resource for those looking to learn more about Anglicanism and Society.
Barely Protestant is an Anglican YouTube channel dedicated to the promotion of traditional Anglican beliefs and sacramental theology. They focus on Anglican reformers like the Book of Common Prayer and seek to bring a balance of both Reformed and Catholic views to the Anglican Communion through its affiliation with Anglican Church in North America and Anglican Church of North America. In addition to providing resources to support Anglo-Catholic practices, Barely Protestant often takes an ecumenical stance and seeks to bridge the various differences within the Anglican Church. Its goal is to provide a place for thoughtful, intelligent dialogue about both Anglican history and theology.
Father Chris Klukas
Father Chris Klukas' YouTube channel focuses on Anglican religion and Society, providing informative and engaging content on topics such as biblical studies, liturgy, history, and justice. He takes a pastoral and practical approach to the topics, emphasizing relevance in our lives today. His audience is a diverse range of theological seekers, clergy, and lay Christians.
Rev. Brett Murphy
Rev. Brett Murphy's YouTube channel focuses on Anglican Society and Religion. He posts a variety of videos about Anglican teaching and faith and provides an avenue for meaningful Christian discussion. His channel is an excellent resource for people looking to learn more about Anglicanism from an experienced cleric.
New Kingdom Media
New Kingdom Media is a YouTube channel committed to exploring religious and social issues of the Anglican faith. Through engaging content and stimulating discussion, the channel aims to educate and promote understanding of the history, beliefs and practices of the Anglican Church. It also strives to address important topics of relevance to religious and non-religious members of society.
Exploring Different Traditions of Anglicanism
Anglicanism is an important branch of Christianity that is practiced around the world. There is a great diversity of traditions within this faith, and it is important to explore them in order to better understand the root of Anglicanism. From the high church of England to the more traditionalist smaller denominations, there is a wide array of cultures and liturgies to explore.
- One of the most distinct traditions of Anglicanism is the high Church of England, which is the official denomination of the Church of England. This tradition is marked by elaborate liturgies and ceremonies, and it emphasizes the concepts of order, authority and unity. It focuses heavily on scripture and sacraments, and on maintaining the royal status of the Church.
- A second tradition of Anglicanism is the Evangelical tradition, which also has its roots in the Church of England. This branch takes a more direct approach to scripture, and emphasizes its literal meaning. It also places a greater emphasis on individual interpretation and accentuates the importance of faith and the personal relationship to God. This is in contrast to the more liturgical and communal elements of the high Church of England.
Exploring the different traditions of Anglicanism can lead to a greater understanding and appreciation for the diversity of this branch of Christianity.
Understanding the Core Beliefs of Anglicanism
Anglicanism is a form of Christianity with a very diverse range of beliefs. It is one of the largest Christian traditions in the world, and millions of individuals subscribe to its teachings. Among the most fundamental beliefs of Anglicanism are the core principles of the Apostles’ Creed and the doctrines of the Holy Trinity and the Nicene Creed.
- The Apostles’ Creed is an official creed of the Anglican church. It outlines a set of shared beliefs, such as the trinity, the resurrection of Jesus, and the communion of saints. The creed is also a summation of the Christian faith and guides Anglicans as they seek to become more Christ-like.
- The doctrine of the Holy Trinity holds that there is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This fundamental belief of Anglicanism is important because it underscores the unity and the diversity of the church. It states that God is one God, but exists in three persons and has different roles in the life of believers. Additionally, the Nicene Creed is the most widely accepted Christian statement of faith and is an important part of the Anglican tradition. It outlines the central beliefs of the Christian faith, including the belief that Jesus is the Son of God and that salvation comes through Him alone.
Understanding the core beliefs of Anglicanism is essential for anyone wishing to become an Anglican or simply gain a better understanding of the religion. These core tenets define and differentiate the church, and provide a basis for its beliefs and mission. An awareness of these important doctrines will be beneficial to both Anglicans and those exploring Christianity.
Key Figures in the Evolution of Anglicanism
Anglicanism is a tradition of Christianity found in many parts of the world, mainly those with English roots. Throughout the history of Anglicanism, many key figures have had the courage to stand up and shape its journey into the religion it is today.
- Thomas Cranmer was a significant figure in the development of Anglicanism. In 1551, he published the Book of Common Prayer which revolutionised the liturgical practices of the Church. Through this work, he codified the traditional beliefs, rituals, and ceremonies of the Church of England, giving it a more unified identity.
- John Wesley was another key figure in the history of Anglicanism. A renowned preacher and reformer, his movement of Methodism put an emphasis on reforming the English Church of the 18th century. Wesley also believed strongly in the starting of Sunday schools, a type of education in which children could learn about the Christian faith in a safe and structured environment. His work is often looked to today as a source of inspiration, and his legacy remains an important part of Anglicanism.
- The final figure behind the development of Anglicanism is King Henry VIII. His decision to break away from the Roman Catholic Church led to the establishment of the English Church in 1534. Though an unpopular figure due to his tyrannical and cruel rule, no one can deny that his bold moves changed the course of religion in England, and indeed the world. His legacy is remembered and often celebrated in Anglican communities throughout the world.